Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I ask for someone to record the main menu of Fury!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Default I ask for someone to record the main menu of Fury!

Hello everyone,

I'm looking, no, asking for someone who is a happy owner of a PS3, Wipeout HD Fury and a video capture device of very good quality (obviously 1080p with 10 mb/s MPEG-2 stream or something comparable would be -perfect-).

I would like to see a recorded video of such quality, containing this:
    - A whole loop of the main menu animation of HD Fury, I'm not sure how long a whole loop is, probably 10 minutes, but I know it loops at a certain point fully. Just record a time of such 10 minutes or stop when you are certain that you saw a scene twice (same ship, camera angle and distortion).
    - Please go with the "cursor" into Options and just select (not enter) Extras, and let it remain like this while recording; it prevents also the start of the "screensaver" of Wipeout HD, which shows random maps.
    - The HUD-zoom "adjustment" should be, please, set to 84%.
    - The video-file itself should be the exact same one you recorded without re-encoding. (As I stated, most likely an MPEG-2-stream, though I can't know which container and codec your device uses.) It should end up pretty huge, but with usage of WinRAR (which compresses uncompressed codecs, or those with a lot unnecessary information, very well) and at the time of DSL 50k I guess, and hope, this won't be a problem.

Why do I search for such a thing? I'll be honest, I just think this animation is one of the most beautiful things I saw in any media and I would like to be able to watch it to relax (since I'm not a PS3-owner (anymore)). I guess I could also built a screensaver from it.

I would be TERRIBLY thankful if anyone would find the time and the motivation to do it for me, and I won't resist in rewarding with something, though I guess it would be hard to find what.

So, please, someone relocate the solidarism within him and do me this, edgelessly huge, favour.
    Last edited by his1nightmare; 23rd May 2011 at 11:43 PM.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

I'd gladly do it for you but I've been struggling to encode my videos at anything above 720p I'm afraid, even though the camera records at 1080p

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hi Colonel_Gaddafi,

I'm very glad that you are so open-hearted to want to help me out, but sadly a camera-recording is not what I wish for, I want, badly, a direct stream record (those things are called video capture devices or audio-video- grabbers, depending on how they work).
    Still thanks again for your offer!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I could do this reasonably easily, but I could only do 720p or 1080i. If no-one else chimes in with a 1080p offer then I'll set it up.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

1080i would be almost equally awesome and I wouldn't be anywhere less thankful dude. Indeed, I would be very glad if you do it .

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I'm trying to upload this but it's an error-ridden process. my internet will sporadically cut out too, so this could take a good few attempts before it's successful. Even then I'm not 100& the megaupload file will be accessible. Sometimes they seem to just never be available.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

First of all a, I think I expressed the hugeness of it already a couple of time, big thanks.

Take all time you need, you can also use any other hoster if Megaupload decides to laugh at you. Mediafire or Rapidshare are usually very reliable too.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Damn, the link is below, but it's over 1 GB so you need a premium account. I didn't realise this until after it was finished.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q8CTASQ2

I guess you can't access it then?

You could upload the file to my webhost via FTP and I can just remove it after nightmare dls it. If yes let me know and I can PM you a temp FTP log-in!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Megaupload is indeed a webhoster I have no premium account for, lol; didn't know you need one to download certainly sized files too.

Thankfully yusik, has posted already a very kind solution .

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

You could split the file into multiple parts using winrar or 7zip?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Actually I also wouldn't have a problem in buying a 1 month-premium membership for megaupload for this purpose. I could give you the account as a thanks for the video, do you have any need for it?

Splitting up the files would mean, I assume, that the video gets cut, which is probably not what the OP wants..

Upload via FTP is very simple, as long as Saturn is willing to do it. I don't mind at all doing this, my webspace gets wasted every month because I hardly use it. Seems Saturn is a busy man so I'll wait on him to see if he's willing to FTP it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

What rdmx meant is splitting them using a package program, it just creates multiple archive-files which, extracted, result in the same full, non-cut video I search for.
    But I guess, that your webspace is indeed the better solution, since it does not restrict your upload- and download speed as any 3rd-party website does, and this comes in handy.

It's just up to Saturn's preferred way .

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I tried splitting it with 7zip but it didn't seem to work.

I can upload to yusik's ftp site no problem. Just send me the details in a PM or whatever.

@Saturn: Check PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I've tried the ftp site but it didn't seem to work. It just gave me the little Firefox icon on the browser tab that suggests something is happening, and then eventually returned me to the login page.

If someone can tell me how to split it into 2 files with 7zip then I'll do that. I've tried it based on what I thought obvious settings would be but it just gave me one archive anyway, so need some tips on how it works.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I'm not sure if 7zip is even able to do it, to create split archieves using WinRAR do following:

Right Click>Add to Archieve>...
    Then select in this frame the max. filesize of one part:
    http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/lrqo...enablage03.jpg

More you usually don't need to do, click on Ok.

600 MB would be 629145600 Bytes, I guess this should be enough for you to create 2 parts which you can then throw onto Megaupload.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

This is the sort of file you really need to use R.A.R for.
    Run the video through WIN- RAR, and it divides the file into [default around 40 little files, depends on the size you select each file to be, and the size of the video on how many files you end up with], you then tell the person you are sending the files to how many files it will be.
    That person then makes a folder, then puts all the files into that folder as they get them [multiple emails] until they have all of them, then you just highlight any file in that folder, right click and select EXTRACT HERE.

You then have the complete video decompressed and back in one piece in that folder.

Both the sender and the receiver need Win-RAR obviously.

Free download here.
    http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-b...-10007677.html

If you can put attachments into PM's [can't remember] then you could do it like that.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 1st June 2011 at 11:30 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Thanks guys, I will try tomorrow.