Thread: Man, Online has been jumping!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

Default Man, Online has been jumping!

People havent even started downloading it from the ps store because they can't yet, but the servers have been usually busy the last few days...Definitely alot more than before PSN went down. Looks like SONY is gonna breathe new life into this game... But I believe this is a prelude...No beter way to get people into a new wipeout game than to give the predecessor out and let people try it...Just saying that would be a smartb thing to do before you announce a new game i the series.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

I can't wait so see how busy it's gonna be in a month's time. I mean there could be hundreds of thousands of people playing, and this site should see a massive influx of new members

Personally I'm really excited about it. Since I've been playing HD - just under a year - it's always been a minority game with a small community of players, often under 100 people playing online at once. Now it seems it really is going to explode, 3 years after release.

So I'm just wondering what you all think about it. Are you excited, or apprehensive about an explosion of proles who never would have played the game were it not free? Or am I being naive, and will it be a much smaller, temporary increase in traffic?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

I think that probably the hype around HD becoming a free download is probably a little to discreet to see an influx of thousands of new regulars, But any influx of new players is good if you ask me. Partly because it reinvigorates the community and shows sony that there is still life in the franchise (and partly because that means there will be more people that I can beat on a regular basis XD)

I'm hoping for an explosion of new pilots though and I will be doing my best to direct them here, when I do find new players

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

A ton of my old school mkwii prolounge friends will be getting wipeout hd/fuery so I'm slap happy with it. Gonna get to race with some old friends I havent raced with in awhile...

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Quote Originally Posted by Oryx Crake View Post
    I think that probably the hype around HD becoming a free download is probably a little to discreet to see an influx of thousands of new regulars
    I have to disagree with you there Oryx. The PSN outage has been the biggest gaming story of the year to my knowledge, and Sony's "Welcome Back" package has been covered by news sites all over the World. I honestly think this is going to be huge!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

I agree with Gaddafi....Theres aboard that I used to go to for all my gaming msg boards and their board for wipeout hd/fury was dead and I found this place not soon after...I went there to check for any new activity there since the outage. Heres the link...Look at the age of the closed threads and look what just popped up as an open and active thread...
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/961763-wipeout-hd-fury

Tons of people are gonna get this game...Also you have to believe that alot of people have infamous and LBP so that essentially leaves 3 choices. I expect that SL is improving their servers to handle the influx of new gamers and I hope that is why the leaderboards are down...Note that i say "I expect"...at least thats what they SHOULD be doing..

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

Hehe ok sounds like I shoulda checked my info before I spoke there XD either way if you are right then I'm happy