Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome back to PSN

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

Default Welcome back to PSN

With their program : "Welcome Back", Sony offer to PSN users 2 PS3 games from the following :

* LittleBigPlanet
    * Infamous
    * Wipeout HD/Fury
    * Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty for EU / SuperStardust HD for US
    * Dead Nation

How awesome is this? New players incoming for WipeoutHD!

Oh btw, hi everyone, long time no see!

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

That's great news, I was really hoping WOHD would be one of the games on offer. It makes sense if they're planning to release new games, to build interest in the current one. Looking forward to some busy lobbies in the coming weeks

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    icarasDragon

I'm getting InFamous and Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty expansion on PS3
    and on a seperate PSP account i'm getting
    Either LittleBigPlanet if my sis wants it OR
    ModNation racers (I already have WipEout 1, PulsE and NFS Shift on PSP, too many racers ) and Pursuit Force

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Glad I didn't think Dead Nation was worth the amount they were asking when it came out.

After that it's a toss up between Infamous and Ratchet & Clank, since I already have LBP and obviously 'HD/Fury... hmm. Decisions, decisions...

Surprised at such a small selection of games, and kinda disappointed personally since Dead Nation is the only game I'm even half interested in; but it's definitely good to see 'HD/Fury in the mix. Everyone who owns a PS3 needs this game! Of course, I'm preaching to the choir here...

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I'll be picking up LBP and Ratchet and Clank. I've got all of the others.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I don't have Stardust, but all you guys seem to be picking Dead Nation. Which is annoying because I'd like to play coop with you guys in it eventually.
    Do both have online coop? I don't know.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Dead Nation is an absolutely fantastic game and I would definitely recommend it. I remember playing through the online co-op with DreamyElf and we both had a great time.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Super Stardust HD is okay. It kept me interested for a decent time when I first got it (maybe that's because I hardly had any games at the time, who knows), but once I finished just about everything, the magic just died and I have played about 3 minutes' worth of the game since. Not that big of a deal, but the game is meant to be an arcade/replayable experience, so it's worth saying.

To answer your question though, it doesn't have online co-op.

I thought it would when I got it, but alas, the co-op is purely offline unfortunately; and the multiplayer pack is filled with minigames you'd have to force yourself to play, since it's rather unlikely you'd rather play them over a more full fledged multiplayer game.
    ---
    ...Has anyone here played Ratchet & Clank? I've never played any game in the series, don't know what it's like.

Infamous looks like a GTA clone (with superhero powers, which I guess is the only thing that could make it half way interesting), but I can't stand GTA.
    Last edited by amplificated; 18th May 2011 at 08:07 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

I recommend inFamous to everyone who enjoy super-hero games. This is by far one of the most exciting and greatest game experience i ever had. Controls and gameplay of Cole is, in my humble opinion, a benchmark to the genre. You have tons of super-powers and a multitude of ways to put them to good use. You choose between being and agent of Good or Evil, and your character, storyline and NPCs react in consequence. The level design of the city is ****ing amazing and very well elaborated. Honestly its quality is well beyond Batman: Arkham Asylum and Spiderman: Web of Shadows, which are damn good games themselves!

If you like the genre, im pretty sure you won't regret it. As for me im always thrilled to come back to it from time to time. Just can't wait for the 2nd game coming soon!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    billychanxtr33m

Rialto, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    someguy63-

I must download Superstardust and Dead Nation because i already have the other three.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Looks like for the PS3 it will be R&C Quest for booty and Dead Nation for me, and for the PSP - LBP and Killzone liberation[which I'm sure I will suck at ].

The promo said we only get to keep the games for a month, but how will that work with the PSP?
    I mean I could download it via the PS3 onto the PSP, then back the game up into Media GO! on the PC.

A bit confused with the PSP stuff as it's hardly ever been used, it must be the most pristine first generation PSP's on the planet.

For those opting for Infamous, do yourself a favour and go to the store, there is a free weapon upgrade for Cole [something Blades] that makes some of the challenges while playing as "Bad Cole" a lot easier, I didn't know about it until after I had already finished the game.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 19th May 2011 at 05:46 AM.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Quite chuffed as I have 2 PSN accounts on my machine (one of them is my GF's little brother's) so I can just grab all four that I don't have.

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    The promo said we only get to keep the games for a month, but how will that work with the PSP?
    I mean I could download it via the PS3 onto the PSP, then back the game up into Media GO! on the PC.
    You can keep the 2 free games forever! and the 2 psp games, its the ps+ stuff that only last for 30days.
    I hope your right colonel, i only have Wipeout from the 5 games and 4 free games would be great!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

I hope you're right, but the danish version of the email clearly states that the free games only are available for 30 days. It doesn't make much sense, but I really wouldn't put it past Sony

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by http://uk.playstation.com/welcomeback/
    * Access to the free games and exclusive features finishes at the end of the 30-day subscription period. Anything you buy with exclusive discounts, dynamic themes and premium avatars are yours to keep forever.
    The above is confusing, because they use an asterisk in multiple places and for multiple other disclaimers. But I think it refers to anything downloaded with the playstation plus access in the 30 day free subscription period. An asterisk only appears next to inFamous and Dead Nation, which have a different disclaimer about availability in Germany. So the games would seem to be for keepsies.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Yeah it's confusing the way it is written, I've seen the same confusion/ questions asked at every gaming forum I visit, then again I find most of SONY's product instruction/installation manuals for both hardware and software unnecessarily confusing.
    I wish SONY wouldn't use their legal department to have such a detrimental effect on what could be clear and concise explanations/instructions for everything they do.
    It's almost like they do it on purpose in case they want to change their mind about something, then go "OH! you read it wrong", it really meant this.

I'm sure it's why some people hate SONY, there's always a nagging feeling of a rip-off being done somewhere when you are constantly being confronted with something that reeks of legal speak.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MaxiM_82

Luckily, moderators of the eu.blog cleared that out. You get 2 out of 5 PS3 games forever, and 2 out 4 PSP games as well. If you have both PS3 and PSP on your account you get both packages. Pretty sweet.

Me and my g/f will get all 4 PS3 games together, but I wonder if I should get LBP+MNR or MNR+PF for PSP, since I'll be getting LBP for PS3 anyway....

And yeah, I expect a surge of new players. This makes me happy. Maybe finally someone I can race against without feeling like a total ass.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    ...But I think it refers to anything downloaded with the playstation plus access in the 30 day free subscription period.
    Only free games and offers available on PSN+, anything bought with the PSN+ discount is yours to keep forever.

PSN ID
    slimjim2097

i thought you get to keep themes and avatars from ps+ also