Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumour of new wipeout game being made

PSN ID
    jesse9705

Default Rumour of new wipeout game being made

Ive been reading here read this entire article it says for the PSP2 they will make a new wipeout game read for yourself

http://www.pspgweber.com/psp-article...f-Gamers?.html

isnt that cool they could be making a new wipeout game
    lets hope this is true

PSN ID
    willesden_2097

Default arrrff

It feels like they will do a new one for the new PSP like they did with Pure and then may export it to PS3....cant we just get a game made for PS3 from scratch....?

Default page not available

The page cannot be found now, why ?
    For me, fake notice or not, WipEout can't be abandoned.
    ...and, also if I don't have see the notice, I would hope that the psp2, or another new sony console, would have a new WipEout game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I wouldn't particularly want to have to buy a new portable console just for a Wipeout game. That's pretty much what I'd have to do though as I've never really played my PSP much as it is. I agree that I'd much rather see a new game for the PS3 or even PS4, because I'm more likely to buy that. Both new handheld and home console Wipeouts would probably be the best thing. Actually, the very best thing would be if I could play the portable games on whatever the current gen home console is. I'd buy way more PSP games if that were possible.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I'm pinning my hopes for the next WipEout to be on the PS4, personally, to be released in about 1.7 years

But anyway, since the rumours are saying that the PSP2 is practically as powerful as a PS3, perhaps (should this rumour be accurate) the new game will be easily portable over to the PS3 as a downloadable title and still have good quality graphical assets
    Hell, Sony has made it clear that WO is typically at the front of the technological curve, perhaps the game will be cross-compatible with a PS3 version Well, one can hope

I wouldn't be able to get it for a handheld, as I'm just one of those people that have never had one and has absolutely no intentions of buying one in the future, either...

PSN ID
    kgb1971

I'd be disappointed if it was just on PSP2, I think PURE on the PSP put me off Wipeout for a long time, so much so that I never bought PULSE when it came out. I just never got to grips with the PSP, it's too small for me to play games on properly. PURE and PULSE are the only games I've played on it so it was a bit of a waste of money tbh. My son had more use out of the thing than I did.

What would they sell the new console for? £200.00 maybe more. Too much for me to play one game I think.

But here we are complaining that they are making a new one (maybe). It would be really really great news if this is true

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    JayMinerFan

For those who get an error message when they try to read the article, here's another link.

What I don't understand is the idea that the system will flop if Sony's franchises aren't "modified enough". The most insulting expression of that sentiment pertains to... Wipeout:

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    Wipeout series are already on PSP for more than five years. In PSP2, it needs to be either completely removed or transformed significantly.
    Can anyone explain to me how that works? I still can't wrap my head around it.
    Last edited by Dan Locke; 15th January 2011 at 06:16 PM.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

I couldn't use the link before, It doesn't even say there is one getting made, just someone who thinks "Sonny" should make one . I'll look at the link first next time.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Oh, it's that article? I think someone posted it before but it's difficult to take it seriously.

It will be an innovative move from Sonny Corporation if it includes some of the underlying games in this console. They arePSP2 games, A New Wipeout Game, Patapon 4, successor of Gran Turismo PSP, Sequel to Assassins Creed: Bloodlines, Sequel to Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted Spin off, Sequel to Resistance and successor of MotorStorm Arctic Edge.

I think they're just plucking out franchises as things they'd expect. It just looks like total speculation on every front to me.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Have to agree there, Saturn.

(I couldn't see the article before, either)

I agree with Saturn: total speculation.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

I'd have to say that I wouldn't mind it too much though... as long as of course they've got a new Wipeout for a home console on the way too... Or perhaps just another Wipeout HD improvement?? (Wouldn't mind)... But sometime I like the thought of Wiping out some Wipeout while I'm waiting for or in a bus, train, or plane... But I'd think a home console should be priority one... the handhelds should be priority two...

Well i guess its no speculation now! coz its on the NPG. (psp2)

although closer look it appears to be a port of wipeout HD.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Hey guys, just dropped by to share the good news I got today: There is definitely a new wipEout game being made as we speak. I don't know any details, I have no clue when they are gonna announce it, but I know it exists and it's a NEW game, BluRay release, for PS3.
    Cryptic, I know, but good news nonetheless!
    yay!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I like this news, as it will be the first time I get to experience a brand new WipEout game, and all the hype and discussion around it, in full.

Thanks eLhabib.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Brilliant news for us all

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    Hey guys, just dropped by to share the good news I got today: There is definitely a new wipEout game being made as we speak. I don't know any details, I have no clue when they are gonna announce it, but I know it exists and it's a NEW game, BluRay release, for PS3.
    Cryptic, I know, but good news nonetheless!
    yay!
    I can see it now.

"Sony Computer Entertainment presents..." and then you see the SL logo, then the Evo Studios logo crashing into each other and out of the wreckage an owl flies and perches itself onto a ledge that reads "Psygnosis". Then the trailer comes up and it shows off expanded online multiplayer, track editor, story mode, classic Wipeout ships and more.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Wow RJ that sounded like a dream.....

I really wasn't expecting this news, but wooo hooo! Thanks for sharing eL

PSN ID
    stin_wz

That is great news!!!, I`m certainly looking forward to that in near future!

I wonder, what Wipeout will be called?

stevie

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

I want to post a happy dance but it doesn't translate well into text and I'm a bad dancer anyway...
    YAYYYYAYYYAYYAAYYYYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAA AYYYYYYY!