Thread: FURY Campaign difficulty

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    TNitaliano

Default FURY Campaign difficulty

So, I just finished out my 100% of the game, completing the Fury Campaign just a day or so ago.

I got golds on Elite difficulty all the way until Meltdown (I believe that's stage 8's name). I was so damn frustrated by Zone Battles and Detonators on elite difficulty in that stage.

I'm curious: did you guys get golds on Elite difficulty for your Fury campaigns? I thought the Fury campaign was a touch more difficult than Wipeout HD's campaign.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I have all gold on elite difficulty in the Fury Campaign. No real difficulties except a detonator race on the last grid. I think it was Tech de Ra Reverse.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Personally I found Fury's campaign to be immensely easier, and I played it through all on elite and getting gold medals.
    However, I got the Fury expansion after I had finished the original campaign, and my skill level given my experience made 95% of the Fury stuff, especially the speed laps and time trials, pretty much a joke.

That said, I think I liked the Fury campaign a little more since it wasn't as demanding, and I liked all the new tracks and game modes... except eliminator. And while detonator is good, it was frustrating at times - but not nearly as bad as it was getting through Elite Phantom single races that first time 'round in the HD campaign...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    TNitaliano

You know, I fully expected my experience to be the same, considering how good I thought I was coming off my HD Elite Campaign Legend run.

However, those zone battles and detonator events really frustrated the hell out of me. I am just awful at zone battles, I think.

The speed laps and races I can handle. Looks like I'm going to have to do a cleanup run.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

A lot of heavy hitters with online racing fail dismally with detonator and Zone Battle.
    I know I fail unless well practiced.

i got elite golds on hd on every event but of fury i didnt tbh i dont think i even did every event just enough to to get the tropheys and unlocks i think..i would assume elite detonator and duel would be hard so well done for getting them..

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    icarasDragon

I just fly on Skilled Difficulty, there's no Elite Medal for Fury so I only play what's fun for each cell.
    There's no need to torture yourself on Elite difficulty in the Fury campaign

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

For the last Eliminator, I had a really hard time. And after several attempts, I tried something : let the AI take 1 lap to you.
    Then, the AI is slow (waiting for your) so you can stay behind and spam them ... not fair but hey, since when AI is fair on Wipeout?

TDR for detonator was quite hard too ...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

I did the Fury gold on Elite as well. I found it immensely more difficult for the zone battles and especially the detonator events because I didn't know what I was doing for awhile. Once I read up on how to play them it was just fine.
    For me it was the new race modes that made it difficult.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I only had trouble with that butterfly detonator track. It took me awhile since the bombs can spawn on either direction. After trying a bunch I found out it often goes left, right, left, right, etc. Once I got passed that event, nothing seemed difficult. EVER. AGAIN.