Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: That Powerdrome game again......

Default That Powerdrome game again......

Hi folks, long time no post!

Just a quick line to ask if anybody else has heard anything about Powerdrome (an old amiga game being given a complete overhaul). I rememeber seeing some mindblowing FMV scenes on Thumb Bandits about a year ago and the Argonaut site is actually showing a ship with PS2 and XBOX formats but no iminent release info. Now considering I thought this was going to be a Gamecube only release...............................

Any ideas anyone?

hey mike, how goes it? you've become a rarity around here, all righty. tsk tsk.

i just deleted the installed primitive PC version of powerdrome yesterday [mouse control was way too touchy, but it looks like it has potential] while getting rid of a bunch of things before defragging, but i haven't followed game development at all lately, so no news from me. sorry. i'd like to see a modern version of this game

Hey Lance

Been really busy with the boy, trying to find a way of keeping him away from my console, he likes to teethe on the controllers!

Argonaut are developing and it's been in the works for quite a while now, what I saw way back when was impressing me more than QR but who am I to say. If I get any more info I'll post it.

Hopefully I'm back regularly for the moment.

TTFN

LOL, I just did a search on Google for "Powerdrome PS2", and the first result was this thread! :

Goes to show you how much info is out there...

Anyway, upon digging in Argonaut's website(w/ help from Google), they do make a small mention of it in their Annual Press report, with some screenshots on page 7 and a small tidbit on page 9.

http://www.argonaut.com/assets/press...s_jul_2002.pdf

And also, you might have better luck asking about it on the offical forums, someone else already got a bit of info out of Joss, who is Argonaut's COO.

http://forums.argonaut.com/forumdisp...fca&forumid=23

One things for sure, after reading that, if this game turns out to be any good, I'll be getting the X-Box version. :wink:

Thanks for that Wiseman, I had already seen the financial report but hadn't thought about looking on the forums (doh! ops: ). This is a NO weapon racer concentrating on pure speed so Al may have something to say about this one when it appears on the shelves. And what do they mean by X-Box Live being more 'mature' than PS2 ?? (That was rhetorical)

Default powerdrome

so is it supposed to be really fast? or slow? :cry:

: FASTER than fast I am led to believe but I never was one for believing the hype (after Fusion that is!).

The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is if M$ have ditched a QR sequel what would make 'another' futuristic racer attractive to them if they can't see any profit in it? Or is it Argonaut's marque. Go figure. :roll:

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Well, it is on PS2 and XBox, so Microsoft wouldn't have anything to do with funding it. I haven't looked it up, but I imagine that Argonaut have a long standing publishing deal outside of Microsoft.

Argonaut have put up a microsite for Powerdrome at http://www.argonaut.com/ follow the link. You may be interested....... :wink:

TTFN

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Oh goody.... *sigh* characters... :roll:

:wink:

From the trailer it's amazing how much hairspray the chick must use. Lets see - she's in an open cockpit craft, doing what I assume to be well over a hundred miles an hour, yet her hair is perfectly in place the whole time. Not to mention her head.

I thought that mistake was made already with Wipeout Fusion?

They are so desperate to make it mass market and throw in characters that I wonder how good the racing can be.

For me, due to the above, it's a wait and see - I'm not going to be getting excited about it.