Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That Powerdrome game again......

Default That Powerdrome game again......

Hi folks, long time no post!

Just a quick line to ask if anybody else has heard anything about Powerdrome (an old amiga game being given a complete overhaul). I rememeber seeing some mindblowing FMV scenes on Thumb Bandits about a year ago and the Argonaut site is actually showing a ship with PS2 and XBOX formats but no iminent release info. Now considering I thought this was going to be a Gamecube only release...............................

Any ideas anyone?

hey mike, how goes it? you've become a rarity around here, all righty. tsk tsk.

i just deleted the installed primitive PC version of powerdrome yesterday [mouse control was way too touchy, but it looks like it has potential] while getting rid of a bunch of things before defragging, but i haven't followed game development at all lately, so no news from me. sorry. i'd like to see a modern version of this game

Hey Lance

Been really busy with the boy, trying to find a way of keeping him away from my console, he likes to teethe on the controllers!

Argonaut are developing and it's been in the works for quite a while now, what I saw way back when was impressing me more than QR but who am I to say. If I get any more info I'll post it.

Hopefully I'm back regularly for the moment.

TTFN

LOL, I just did a search on Google for "Powerdrome PS2", and the first result was this thread! :

Goes to show you how much info is out there...

Anyway, upon digging in Argonaut's website(w/ help from Google), they do make a small mention of it in their Annual Press report, with some screenshots on page 7 and a small tidbit on page 9.

http://www.argonaut.com/assets/press...s_jul_2002.pdf

And also, you might have better luck asking about it on the offical forums, someone else already got a bit of info out of Joss, who is Argonaut's COO.

http://forums.argonaut.com/forumdisp...fca&forumid=23

One things for sure, after reading that, if this game turns out to be any good, I'll be getting the X-Box version. :wink:

Thanks for that Wiseman, I had already seen the financial report but hadn't thought about looking on the forums (doh! ops: ). This is a NO weapon racer concentrating on pure speed so Al may have something to say about this one when it appears on the shelves. And what do they mean by X-Box Live being more 'mature' than PS2 ?? (That was rhetorical)

Default powerdrome

so is it supposed to be really fast? or slow? :cry:

: FASTER than fast I am led to believe but I never was one for believing the hype (after Fusion that is!).

The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is if M$ have ditched a QR sequel what would make 'another' futuristic racer attractive to them if they can't see any profit in it? Or is it Argonaut's marque. Go figure. :roll:

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Well, it is on PS2 and XBox, so Microsoft wouldn't have anything to do with funding it. I haven't looked it up, but I imagine that Argonaut have a long standing publishing deal outside of Microsoft.

Argonaut have put up a microsite for Powerdrome at http://www.argonaut.com/ follow the link. You may be interested....... :wink:

TTFN

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Oh goody.... *sigh* characters... :roll:

:wink:

From the trailer it's amazing how much hairspray the chick must use. Lets see - she's in an open cockpit craft, doing what I assume to be well over a hundred miles an hour, yet her hair is perfectly in place the whole time. Not to mention her head.

I thought that mistake was made already with Wipeout Fusion?

They are so desperate to make it mass market and throw in characters that I wonder how good the racing can be.

For me, due to the above, it's a wait and see - I'm not going to be getting excited about it.

: I agree, my cycnical gene is warning me against THE HYPE and this one looks like it'll be hyped up to the hips.

Still....no harm in looking at those gleaming ships (look a bit like jet skis on steroids).

PSN ID
    The_Boye

I was looking forward to this being released last week but it's been delayed until August. Xbox Live and PS2 online remains intact though. This is as close to online WipEout as we are going to get /for now/, anyone interested in some online shenanigans keep note of my gamertag, a difficult to remember The Boye for future reference.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

I was just watching the video and screenshots for the first time (didn't know there would be a remake of PD until yesterday). I gotta admit I don't see a lot of potential in the game. The tracks looked like they consist mostly of long straights and a few wide turns, and there was no feeling the game would run at an acceptably high enough speed. Plus, I also listened to the music samples - they sound like a lot of "fun", the thrill of breakneck speed racing is totally amiss, though. Well, I never liked the original ST-game anyway! ;)

The release date for this seems to be confused to put it mildl, it was released in the UK on the 11th. Amazon are currently offering it at £16.99. WTF!!!!! This makes me think it's a stinker. Come payday I think I might have a punt on it though. :wink:

PSN ID
    The_Boye

6th August at play.com

I dont think they are aiming at the wipeout fans. Personally I'm not crossing my fingers given that the 'highly visible' characters are a priority for them... yes yes I am cynical but hey. They don't even wear helmets, lol. I hope they don't have insects on their planets :roll: This game looks too .. um.,... 'nice'. :x

Wow, that doesn't look very good at all!

Let me know how it is, guys!

Timezone
    GMT -8

C'mon, you guys! It's the Race of Champions!

I like the Jed Clampett er, Clanton guy. Is he a fat World War II vet or something? And he appears to be ridden with acne... not a good look.

The more I'm seeing now the more it's turning me off. The first thing that is coming to mind is one of those bad Hanna Barbera cartoons from the eighties!

Can't say I should be surprised. :roll:

Nothing can compete with Wipeout. That's the only thing that comes to my mind after getting familiar with Powderdrome.