• i do not like wipeout in 3d mode because of its issues

5 31.25%
  • i dont know cos i havnt played it for myself

10 62.50%
  • i dont know but i have played it in 3d

1 6.25%

Thread: If you played WOHD in 3d yet what did you think of it

Default If you played WOHD in 3d yet what did you think of it

If you have played wipeout hd in 3d mode what did you think of it..

personally i thought its was total crap for these reasons.

frame rate is down to 30 frames per second making it jerky
    lag on ship is really serious
    but the thing thats really sooo crap about it is the way they did the 3d on it.
    They have basically done it like this its two tracks laid over each other track one is moved to the right and track two is moved to the left both have collision detection on them so the track is much more narrow than normal mode but as its 3d you cannot see this so when your ship is flying neat to a wall but not touching it you are in fact hitting it.kinda like auto pilot but much much worse without any benifit from it..total dumb way to do 3d on a game..

plus side of wipeout 3d is it does look fantastic shame its unplayable..well for me anyway.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I have played HD in 3D and the only reason I don't play with it on is the frame rate drop. The loss of frames makes playing more difficult, so really 3D is only for the experience of depth, but the effect does work quite well.

When I play in 3D I didn't experience having two tracks with different hit detection as far as I know. It sounds like you could see the separation of the tracks through the glasses and you might want to change the 3D settings so the two images converge more. 3D works by drawing 2 camera views of the same scene, not two tracks, so it would be impossible to have 'off' hit detection.

I can't say that the 3D is bad in the game, even though it isn't as good as Super Stardust HD or Gran Turismo, but I don't always play with 3D on as it means you can't play as well.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    MetaKraken (formerly MechaKraken)

To be honest, I don't really want to play WOHD in 3D, even though I haven't tried them out before, seeing as how it might give me problems to my eyesight...

PSN ID
    Xtriko, PS3, PSP & Vita

I played WO HD in 3D on a regular HD tv and Loved it. now you ask "How?". LSD lol xD I imagine, as Jasmin says, that I should look really good but... frame rate etc... well, I have to try it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IndoorSnowStorm

I love the 3D effects, but the lag it gives is TERRIBLE. Especially on the 3-2-1 Countdown it waits like 2 seconds after 1 to say Go. It totally messes up my starting boost.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I was one of the first to get a decent trial of HD in 3D thanks to a mate who works for Sony, he was trained to give the 3D demos when the TV's were first released.

As Amorbis mentioned, you can adjust the 3D effect on the TV so that layering isn't as pronounced as you experienced it Jasmin.
    The frame rate drop is the problem though, not too bad at Venom or Flash speeds, but if playing online especially, at rapier or Phantom speeds it's pretty unusable IMHO.

I haven't tried WOHD on a 3D set while using the TV's inbuilt 3D processing though, maybe that might be a better option.

You must remember that WOHD3D was the first Sony game to demo 3D nearly 4 years ago, so basically not much changed from original demo version since SL were told to stop working on it.

I'd say that any new Wipeout would be 3D as well, but vastly superior to WOHD3D.
    When you see the next Wipeout is called WO 2048 [which is set 2 years before the AG League started], well SL might of dropped a few things in the game that were processor hogs so that 3D works better [like BR's], so that the game can be at a proper at 60FPS, but still at 1080p.

I would be quite happy with that compromise if it were made.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

4 years ago? But it's not even 3 years since the game's release.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I thought Sony demoed a very early version of HD3D before HD was actually released.
    Both were a work in progress at the time.
    The 3D version was basically Vineta K done as a proof of concept type demo/display.
    I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.
    But I'm pretty sure it's quite a bit over 3 years since it was first shown.