Thread: All you salty wipeout hd vets...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

Default All you salty wipeout hd vets...

Get online and race more. I just went online and for the first time there 0 rooms going and this makes me a sad sad panda. I just started racing online and am enjoying it alot so I dont want the community to just up and die. So, get online and race there are some feisty rookies out there who wanna race and learn from some experienced pilots. You still come to the forums...you still like the game...now shake off the rust and get online!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I know your pain
    But in all honesty it's up to those expert pilots that DO race online, however rarely, to take the opportunity to "Pass the Flame" so to speak.

That USED to HAPPEN all the time until about 6 months ago.

I still do it.

I actually converted a Wipeout philistine tonight, If they actually join the Zone is another matter?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

I've been trying to convince some of my other gaming friends to pony up and get the game, but no luck yet.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

There should probably be a regular time when people just meet up informally online to play. That way everyone would know when there are likely to be folk around. Maybe someone should resurrect the ASTRAL League.

Short of that, do you have any Nordic or Italian blood. Team Nordic and Italia seem to have regular meet-ups online. Maybe you can gate crash.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I don't play as much as I used to, but I do try and jump on HD every few days or so to brush up my skills. Look for a Phantom room in the evening my time and I'll most likely be there.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

My play times link up well with GMT as I'm normally online early in the morning. then again in the afternoons. which is afternoons and evenings for most of you guys. I'm not very good yet and during races I try things I probably shouldnt being that ive been playing about 2 weeks, but how else am I going to learn?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Yeah there was a nice room tonight with Team Poland leading the way

Generally a Phantom room in the evening euro-time always attracts some good players.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    MetaKraken (formerly MechaKraken)

I still play WOHD online, but rarely now, since I'm focusing on earning trophies from diifferent games and doing college work.

Monday night is never the best of times to search for a room, greenymac. But one idea would be to get involved in one of the teams championships, or start accepting/challenging on the 1v1 and 2v2 casual board. People do love to race, especially if you bully them into it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Also, take in consideration that most WOHD pilots are from Europe, which is 6-7 hours ahead of you... If you're playing after school/work, there's a lot of Europilots getting to bed. This said, you can still catch some hardcore sleepers by any chance

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Quote Originally Posted by greenymac View Post
    during races I try things I probably shouldnt being that ive been playing about 2 weeks, but how else am I going to learn?
    That's exactly right. I try things I shouldn't all the time, and come flying off the track nine times out of ten. Eventually the consistency will stick

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    icarasDragon

I feel your pain greenymac, I find it hard find people connecting to the server from down under. Usually people are on Flash or below. Harder to find Rapier or above. Tis a shame really.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

And about the the difference in timezones. It means nothing really. I usually play very early in the morning my time. Like right now gmt i believe its about 1:15 pm. My gametimes actually match up well with people from gmt or further.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    hunterx848

and now the game is FULL again - thx for the welcome back offer
    after a while the welcome back event started, I went online and I was like: was zur hölle?! o_O
    its been a long time, scrollbar x)