Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is NGP Wipeout HD = TO HD/FURY, are they the same?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MaxiM_82

When it comes to weapons I know what you mean. Rockets and bombs-in-your-face being the worst offenders for me, when I get slowed down almost to a grinding halt :/

There's a good chance I'll get PSP2 anyway, so might as well pick up this WO game while I'm at it ;]

ion harvest is offline Banned for sending profane and abusive PM's Rapier Pilot
    PSN ID
    ion_harvest

Weapons don't slow u down that much if you have learned how to recover from hits. I used to hate weapons and now I just love them.

Psp-NGP is over rated I think. We need 3D without he glasses and no ports please. SONY listen up you silly people "WE DON'T WANT A PORT YOU MASONS"

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

"if you have learned how to recover"?
    Nonsense, and patronising "you just don't know how to play yet" kind of comments won't change that. The sideshift trick that you're talking about barely helps with weapons hits, if at all. The weapons slow you down enough that one hit can easily end a race, unless the player hit is much more skilled than the others, and that's crap for a racing game (and it is a racing game, even if it also has combat, because the winner is the one who finishes first). So they're overpowered.

PSN ID
    ion_harvest

Really now? LOL. Whatever man. I can recover fast from weapon hits. That's all I know. I don't want to enter a argument with u or anything. I might say something that can ban me. It already happened once because I couldent control myself.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Again, you say you can, but you don't say how. If you'd care to share and/or demonstrate this secret technique that you "just know" and that's escaped even the fastest players, I guess I'll stand corrected on that point. But until then, it looks like you're just bragging about nothing.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Maybe using a piranha or a triakis helps to recover fast after a weapon hit (maybe lag also helps ), but i don't know any other "technic" that helps (sideshifting after a weapon's hit helps to avoid falling of the tracks at some places but not to restart quickly).
    All depends what you call "recover fast", if it's more than a second, it's slow

PSN ID
    firstdave/Astropulser

I agree as 1 second can seem like an eternaty when you just want to get on the case.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Talking

Haha yep. If the ship goes unresponsive for even a second, time slows down while you're hammering the buttons "Come on ****! Move! ".

PSN ID
    firstdave/Astropulser

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmadSmartAlex View Post
    Haha yep. If the ship goes unresponsive for even a second, time slows down while you're hammering the buttons "Come on ****! Move! ".
    Good ! Not just me then

PSN ID
    slow-train aka pitbulldug

Quote Originally Posted by FirstDave View Post
    Good ! Not just me then
    for me the worst weapons are when your heading for a new personal best,n do a br into some slow fekers bomb!!! that really grinds my gears grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Default Moderator Message

Let's try to keep on topic folks.

And also, can people re-read the forum rules about quotes as well:
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Thanks

PSN ID
    slow-train aka pitbulldug

i think we went of topic on page 2,n now we are just bitchin about how ridiculous the weapons are on hd! but thats conversations evolve n how friendships are made ; )

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmadSmartAlex View Post
    Again, you say you can, but you don't say how. If you'd care to share and/or demonstrate this secret technique that you "just know" and that's escaped even the fastest players, I guess I'll stand corrected on that point. But until then, it looks like you're just bragging about nothing.
    i dont think ion is referring to a secret mythical secret but is talking general.
    there multiple option on recovering from weapon hits but they all depend on what hit you and whats happeneing

like sideshift could be used to save you from falling off the track it could be used to hit a pad you were close too when you were shot
    you could sideshift into an oppoonets way and get rammed and slow him down
    you could use a turbo or auto pilot to get yourself moving again

i think thats the type of things he may have been talking about .

as for ngp wipeout..cant see the point of porting over a near dead game already years old without something of a overhaul...i wouldnt be one bit tempted to spend money for this..hopefully they will add new content and fine tune racing engine and take out all those annoying glitchs.will have to wait and see what happens

PSN ID
    ion_harvest

Thank u Jasmin-Jade. What u wrote is all true.

I have permission from Ace to tell u all about rocket and missile hits and the recovery method number 1.

When u get hit by missile or rocket just at the moment it about to hit you have to angle your ship left slightly (or right) then Side Shift Right (or left) then straighten out and keep going. This method will make your ship lose much less speed and you will get PSN messages calling u a cheat or glitcher

Try it yourself. Once u got this method down you will be well pleased.

Courtesy of the AirLicker Group. XD

Ps. Sorry for offtopic. It won't happen again.

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Wait, that's a secret technique? I done that for the lolz.

PSN ID
    ion_harvest

Hehe. I might too now XD

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

I just always imagined that It would somehow kickstart the engine XD

PSN ID
    ion_harvest

I never said it would do that.

On the topic. If we get a new wipeout for ps3 then who would still want NGP and hd fury anyway! NGP is going to do badly I think. Nothing fresh or new just ports lol. The should have called it PS3Portable becuz that is what it is.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Quote Originally Posted by ion harvest View Post
    I never said it would do that.

On the topic. If we get a new wipeout for ps3 then who would still want NGP and hd fury anyway! NGP is going to do badly I think. Nothing fresh or new just ports lol. The should have called it PS3Portable becuz that is what it is.
    Yeah with badder graphics and alot more chance of crashing?

EDIT: Lets just hope they bring Blue Ridge and Outpost 7 OR Platinum Rush Back i loved those tracks
    Last edited by MyNameIsBom; 21st April 2011 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Back on topic.....ish

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

I strongly hope NOT !!!

I want new tracks for god sake!
    I loved so much Gare d'Europa or Phenitia Park... but I don't want them again. I want new tracks, I NEED to discover.
    And please... not only 8 tracks ok... we're not in 20th century anymore