Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't connect??

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Ha, that really does sound paranoid slow-train.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Very unhappy, mid-years in three days time and I want a bit of relaxation. Eff.
    I wonder how rusty I am with WipEout HD Fury...

PSN ID
    slow-train aka pitbulldug

lol must be all the weed ive smoked over the years taking its toll

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ID_7of9

Today i had to go out because of the psn outage lol... And eyed up a xBox. ^^ The first step to the dark side!

Timezone
    GMT -5

slow-train's assertion may tilt towards the paranoid, but this certainly kicks Sony in the goolies (given the circumstances).

This Weekend, Europeans Can All Play Xbox Live Together

(No, I'm not an xbot, I just thought it was a funny coincidence). Thanks, Jav & IcarasDragon for the info. I'll get there soon!

PSN ID
    slow-train aka pitbulldug

uncanny,maybe im psychic ooooooooooo

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Sony just announced they are rebuilding the system, god knows how long it's going to be down.

QUOTE:
    We sincerely regret that PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have been suspended, and we are working around the clock to bring them both back online. Our efforts to resolve this matter involve re-building our system to further strengthen our network infrastructure. Though this task is time-consuming, we decided it was worth the time necessary to provide the system with additional security.

We thank you for your patience to date and ask for a little more while we move towards completion of this project. We will continue to give you updates as they become available.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

"Thanks for your patience..."

Don't know that I've been all that patient really... I have to say I am a little angry at them for allowing such a catastrophic attack to even be possible... but then I'm no hacker and I dont know what it takes to keep them out.

Timezone
    GMT + 4

Hi there - continious the same - and whats really behind it - they never tell us Pitiful - SCEE is one of the greatest company anyway - especially serverhousing concerned and they need so long to fix it - newest facts here

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    icarasDragon

I always thought the PSN was the only service with 100% free online. We now have to pay time and to an extent money. The PC has GFW and Xbox is subscription only.
    Why do I have to pay for something I could do for free 3 years ago? WHY!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Javariko

I think Sony are handling this very well to be honest. Their communication has been excellent. You can't put the network back online if there's a risk of accounts being hacked and credit card numbers flying around. They are taking the steps necessary to fix this issue, so be it. The weather's lovely!

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

It would seem they are building the PSN entirely from scratch at ths rate, not to sound impatient. It would reinforce the possibility of DDoS attacks and such if it happened. Still, it could've been worse.

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    I think Sony are handling this very well to be honest. Their communication has been excellent.
    I dont think that there handling it that well at all... 1st they say "upto 2 days" and now its day 4! All they have told us on there last update basically is - "psn is still down" we already know this....
    The only thing that everyone wants to know is... How long will psn be down????
    The least they can do is say - it could be down for upto a week.

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

We'll happily Accept some compensation sony

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    icarasDragon

I read somewhere that they are rebuilding the ENTIRE PSN
    How about some new features like parties or some PSN credit when it comes back for all the bulls*** you've caused us Sony!

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Nobody's really in a position to demand anything from them, they're rebuilding the network, they're not leaving it, after all, they could just let your account get cracked and al of your account information be known to the rest of the world, but they're not.

If you wanted to talk with your friends using headsets whilst playing a game, use it in the game, or use the video chat rooms, you can't really do both without losing some amount of concentration on either task. It's up to developers wether they want you to be able to talk inside the game or outside of it, it's the same thing with custom soundtracks, really.

If you give the ability to use your own media in game, or to talk with others about anything but the game, then the developer has to compensate for that by dumbing down some potentially brilliant atmospheric assets, you'd essentialy be bringing something atmospheric and immersive, eg any wipeout game, to the same level as the generic trash on the mass market, curiously where most thirteen/ fourteen year olds can be found, attempting to insult each others mothers, who are paying for them to do that.
    (and yes, I know you were referencing mostly xBox Live with the party reference, that's why I wrote it.)

/rant over.

it wasn't an elaborate Easter joke then eh?

there was a Sony Jesus billboard once?

Anywho, its been an utterly piss poor response to us by Sony , they havent actually told us whats happening and neither have they come out and said if our credit info is safe, total joke

what happens to the developers who only create games for download? will they get compensation?
    Last edited by Nutcase:259; 24th April 2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: switcheroo of word-age

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

I don't understand people like icarasDragon & Oryx Crake who are getting very angry about this. You can't expect Sony to have it up and running quickly if they have been forced to "rebuild their entire internet infrastructure" as they worded it. A rushed job would simply come back with further problems. Plus unlike Xbox which uses current PC technology, PS3 is still new. I imagine it would be impossible to know all the ways a hacker could cause problems until it does. PC's were no different.

Considering the severity of whats happening the problem must have been horrific. I'm no techy, but I imagine PSN must have taken a considerable time to build. Now they're back to square one.

If PSN returns more stable, more secure, and with a better connection than before you'll all be cheering that Sony took their time with this. Plus the service is free, people shouldn't forget that.

Jav and all who think Sony are handling the problem well. All too often Console / Game companies etc. go completely silent when a problem arises.

Quote Originally Posted by osama bin haydn View Post
    Plus the service is free, people shouldn't forget that.

if you dont count the £299 to £400 quid you pay to get a 'free' service

also they havent been keeping us updated at all? they've just posted up the usual PR "oh somethings wrong, rest assure were working on it" several times, then redirected you to twitter to find info, which then links you back to the page you were just on? :-

i dont particularly give a monkeys about the PSN, i just want to know if the credit details are alright
    Last edited by Nutcase:259; 24th April 2011 at 03:27 PM.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Well I've made the most of my time without access to PSN. If you want to see what I mean just go to http://wipeout.servemp3.com/wipeout/ and filter All, All, All, Recently Added, then check out the first 3 pages of results