Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Can't connect??

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

I have done a few speedlaps, but most of the time I've been doing phantom elite and trying to just get better at item management. I feel like I have improved but I wont truly know until I can get a few good online sessions under my belt. But, I am getting quite bored pounding the elite cpu...The only way they can beat me now is if I completely ---- up, or I get maimed with item spam, except for chenghou project which I just fail at completely and fight like a cornered dog just to beat them by a couple seconds. For the life of me I just can't come to grips with chenghou forward. That track just leaves a crapstain on my ego.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

I think the last couple of weeks have helped me to improve so much overall, it really has been a Godsend to be honest. Can't wait to get back online now.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGeeza22 View Post
    I hope 1 of the games sony give away is Wipeout! online would be amazing!
    The only games that Sony would give away are those you can get free on a Plus subscription, so no.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

I got wipeout hd free with my ps plus subscription in July of last year so that wouldn't be totally out of bounds. I just wish I actually played it before March of this year. BTW tro get wipeout hd for free you had to live in the US and subscribe to ps plus for a year.

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

I think it was free in the uk too and the Fury dlc was half price, im not sure though... but it would be good if 70million people get it for free!!
    I think there will just be a few full game trials (1 hour demos) knowing sony...
    but im not complaining

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

It came out for free? o_O

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I've read this, for all people concerned about getting a new credit card:

Hirai said that no improper CC usage has been reported and they have no evidence of CC info being compromised. They said that Sony will pay for CC reissuing and assist with monitoring/insurance programs for customers. If there are any improper charges, they will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
    Taken from this reddit thread, which provides bullet points of a recent Sony conference.

So, people like Kanar who have changed their CC should ask Sony for a refund if they want.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I can't help being cynical about Sony's announcement of giving away 30 days free Plus+ subscription.

I see it as being done as a test to see what damage to consumer confidence this fiasco has been, your not actually getting anything, as you will have to pay $$ to become a Plus+ subscriber if you want to actually keep anything you download during those free 30 days.

So Sony will be monitoring who, how many and which regions people are removing their details and abandoning online purchases via their CC.
    Remember, it's a lot easier to make a impulse purchase by just adding funds to your wallet via CC than it is to buy pre paid cards, and that is what Sony wants, and I think has been relying on in revenue projections.
    I know I've been guilty of doing it in the past, so have a lot of other PS3 owners I know.
    They got over AUS$300 in one hit for me once like that when I decided to purchase every bit of LBP DLC while bored and inebriated.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Well you're not the only one guilty of that offence. I've bought several smaller games in the 10-20€ range, some I enjoyed, others I played for 2 hours and then abandoned.

It's those kind of games Sony will never sell me again.

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

Quote Originally Posted by mdhay View Post
    It came out for free? o_O
    yes... Google is your friend. but as it was free before i doubt it will be free again

Its good of Sony to reimburse the charges that it cost to change your credit cards.
    But i suppose they have to lol, otherwise there would still be bad feelings.
    I think 80% will use psn cards now, i know i will.

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Quote Originally Posted by Constrictor View Post
    [..]
    I think I read something on social engineering to gain access ...
    [..]
    Well, no that's obviously not what happened.

btw, I'm tired of Racebox now. On the other hand I hope - but do not believe - the WOHD server admin guy used the outage to fix the leaderboards.

psn + is garbage and totaly worthless.all the garbage and crap they give away for free on it stops working when the cash flow stops.i was a member of it.
    i would much rather give money and buy the big issue of a tramp as thats also total crap too but at least a tramp gets a dinner and you did a good deed.
    sony giving out free membership to psn +as way of compentsation is like giving away out of date food to people who are not hungry.

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

lol jasmin, why be so negative?
    weve had a weeks break from PS3 which isnt such a bad thing and we are getting a game or 2 to download for a month free... Sony didn't have to give us anything.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

At least Sony have acknowledged that they are in the wrong by giving out free subscriptions. I'll hold judgement on the offer until I see exactly what's available. If it's a bunch of games that are outdated or had poor sales then it won't exactly be great, but at least it's something.

As for HD, this outage has allowed me to take a break from it. I've barely played at all during the outage as offline isn't really my thing.

@mega....a weeks break might be good for you..not so good for players who like me bought an online game the day it went down and are still waiting to go online to try it out....

Also sony do have to give us something as they failed to look after our credit details and they are the ones that shut down the network but not because of that it was because they thought someone was getting downloads for free..

plus sony still owe all of us for spamming wipeout with their crappy comercials that slowed down loading..nothing worse than getting blown off the track and you got to sit through a gilette advert or some ad for a really crap film.

but ill wait and see..hopefully sony will make me eat my words and surprise me..i love when im wrong in cases like these.

Timezone
    GMT -5

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/05...rnet-security/

Now you guys have a reason to be worried if you live in Europe and have been around since 2007.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Fortunately I think most card issued in, or rather before, 2007 have expired by now.

lolsony

(oh and I'll join the crowd that thinks a 30 day free PSN+ is a downright insult)

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin-jade View Post
    Also sony do have to give us something as they failed to look after our credit details and they are the ones that shut down the network but not because of that it was because they thought someone was getting downloads for free..
    I hate to say this, but i actually agree with you for once lol. I never thought of it like this.
    I just hope they do have some good gear for us!
    Soon it will be time for the next generation of console and sony should do something to keep there customers happy!

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

GREAT! While trying to move the ps3 into the other room seeing as psns down, i somehow snapped the hdmi cable and now the connector is stuck in the tv.

just to add insult to injury there.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Have you tried using a pair of tweezers?