Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New to wipeout hd/fury... need people to race with..

ion harvest is offline Banned for sending profane and abusive PM's Rapier Pilot
    PSN ID
    ion_harvest

its ok mate. We can race anytime do you know the fury tracks yet? I didn't do fury campaign lol but I really need to start on that to.

C ya mate

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Few OLD pilots online ATM, so when we do appear [with a 50+ online rank] we tend to scare the new talent off.

That's not a good situation. if we want to keep Wipeout HD/Fury alive.

How to handle this problem.

I've got a few ideas, but I'll start a specific thread on what might work.
    Others might have different ideas.

Something needs to be done before the NGP version of HD/FURY comes online

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

I like racing higher level people. I can go into a race balls to the wall everytime. Its a steep learning curve, but I'm gonna stick it out. And ion, yeah I've played the fury tracks and have a decent foundation to work with now. i havent played them very much though and I do much better when normal hd tracks are chosen.

PSN ID
    ion_harvest

When I first started playing Challenger001 invited me to a training room. I could only really race flash venom properly. But Challenger001 was a good teacher and took me up to phantom. I found it slower than I thought it would be coz I used to play fusion and that was much faster so I found it comfortable. Barrel rolls were new to me and I even did a few by accident. The settings that Jasmin-Jade gave me are the best. 50% airbrake 10% acceleration is good to go spastic with and you can still pull it back.

I like the barrel roll move and to begin with I only Barrel rolled in obvious places like jumps and drops. I was playing flash online one day and raced ACE-FLO who was too fast and I called him a cheat but he invited me to private race and showed me how to get air for barrel rolls by nosing up and side shifting.

another thing I did was watch youtube videos by wizardplayHD and Badtesterz who is Leungbok on the forum. These guys know the BR places.

I guess all these people are my gurus. Thanks.

Right then its time to start FURY campain finally

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

nosing up and sideshifting? interesting...

PSN ID
    ion_harvest

Whaaat? Nobody told ya? yes you can do this on every track except moa and talons according to my skill level.

Tell you what mate. Nose up Side shift BR is what gives me advantage on slower speeds. Sometimes I even get top 50 multiplayer times and hold global 8 on amulpha pass fwd rapier so yes.

Now I am learning from ACE how to recover from weapon hits so you dont slow down so much. Is tricky but if I can pull this off ...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

Ive alredi been kinda sideshidting after weapon hits. sometimes it saves me and sometimes it slams me wall to wall. Glad i know now about the nose up and sideshift. I was racing at flash class a day or two ago and I was wondering how in the hell this guy was just leaving me in the dust. I ran some good laps hitting BR's at the normal places and I was wondering where he was getting all the extra speed from. Well this is certainly a new development. Now to go give this stuff a try. But I should probably eat something before I start to naw on my arm.

PSN ID
    ion_harvest

I might be online tomorrow afternoon. What tracks did you see this person go really fast? Some tracks have shortcuts that are not all that official. Lol.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

Hey thanks for the link. I looked at that thread when i first started piloting. But after more experience its nice to go back and look at threads you looked at before. its like looking with a new set of eyes after your mind has been opened up a bit.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by ion harvest View Post
    I guess all these people are my gurus
    As a guru, i'll have to ask for membership fees !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

Take care greeny ...

My Master is in charge of our community and he's vrey very exacting ...
    His favorite game is to perform impossible br and ask us to do the same !!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

man these backwards fury tracks are kicking my ass...I just flat out dont know nthem well.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

I need to have a game with you as well greeny it's great to see new guys join our ranks and I simply must see how good you are!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

Did you say how"good" I am? I'm such a noob at this point its pathetic. But send me a psn request, Im always down to race if I'm online.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

so, guys I tried changing my airbrake sensitivity from 10% to 50% just to give it a try. With my style of piloting it immediately took the twitchy uncontrollable feeling of my ship and made it more stable. I wondered if it would affect my sideshifting, but it didn't. i think these setting are going to help alot. Between last night and this morning I think Ive put in about 350 or so speed laps, mostly on anupha pass at flash speed trying to get better at nosedown-shift-roll. Special thanks goes out to ACE-FLO. Many people have given me tips, but you are the only one to actually show me a couple tricks of the trade. You're awesome man and soon i promise Ill be much more competitive.

PSN ID
    ion_harvest

Oh yes. That nose up / ss / Br. I found that a real bitch to do at first but after a few days I got it.

That is a goodun he showed you because most people don't do it. And it is fast.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

Good fun in the races earlier nutcase and oryx, I wasnt much competition but it was fun.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

Hey dont get too down on yourself like I said on psn I am impressed. Keep up the good work and you'll be one of the monsters soon enough.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

I understand what you're saying but the fact remains that im still losing by an average of 4 secs. I'm basically just running speed laps4 secs behing the action. And I hate it when im in 1st or 2nd I never get mines or bombs to slow people down, but when I'm tryin to make a move everyone ahead of me seems to have them.