Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New to wipeout hd/fury... need people to race with..

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

Default New to wipeout hd/fury... need people to race with..

I'm not a fast racer yet, but I practice daily and am trying to get accustomed to phantom speed class. I know I'm waaaay behing the curve of activity for this game, but i just started last week and i LOVE it. I need people to race with that still play this game. my PSN ID is Greenymac just send me and add and let me know you're from here. I just downloaded the fury pack today so those tracks I havent even raced or seen yet.(still trying to get all gold on elite)

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    icarasDragon

There are always one or two rooms playing at the lower speed classes, but sometimes you get to odd rapier or phantom

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

You are GMT-6 ... Man, I have no idea how that will adjust to GMT+1.

Anyway, there are still some kick-ass, old-school WOHD drivers around who are not going to quit until Sony will decommission the online servers. I'm sure that won't happen until 2123.

On weekdays you will find some good races in the afternoon and evening -> GMT. Don't know how it looks at times after 8PM . Contact me if you like ... I'm not that often online any more but I'm still looking forward to race across the different speedclasses and race modes (except ZB). My final goal, besides having fun w/ WOHD is ... no I won't tell

cya

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

Default Thanks to all...

Who have posted in this forum over the last 2 years. Theres such a wealth of strategy, tips, discussions, etc it helped me go from starting playing this game last week to completing all gold elite campaign earlier today. I even finished the final tourney today on the first try! Hell, I know its not a big deal, but when i first saw how fast phantom was I was truly intimidated, but now it feels normal and anything below rapier feels sluggish. So thanks to everyone for the wealth of knowledge contained within this site. Now, off to learn the tracks backwards and start on fury.
    Also thanks to all the people who have tutorials and videos up on youtube. ( hellfire_wz, dardrium 777, woopzilla, and saturn return. (reborn?) couldnt remember.
    Last edited by greenymac; 25th March 2011 at 01:20 AM. Reason: forgot some people

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

Hey there! well done on getting the elite campaign trophy! many people still haven't achieved it so you must be good...
    it took me a whole year to achieve, its nice to see new faces joining the wipeout club lol.
    i might see you online sometime!

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Good effort Greenymac, keep it up dude

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

I plan on continuing to try and get better and sometime soon maybe I can join an online race and not get embarassed. But I still need to learn the fury tracks and the hd ones in reverse.I'd like to race at a high level but my consistency is severely lacking.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

Well, I wake up early US time and some of my best gaming friends are GMT OR GMT-1( about 6 hours ahead of me) so theres a chance we'd get to race more than u know.

PSN ID
    Sagiftangeri

There is no such thing as being embarassed, since we all started from there
    The problem with singleplayer is that it does not prepare you for multiplayer at all; there are things and tricks that you only learn while playing online, so I basically suggest you to run some online games once in a while, even if you dont feel prepared at all.

And remember, you dont have to start racing on Phantom from the start, some people feel obligated to do so, its bad. No one will ever make fun of you just for playing lower classes. Actually, even venom can be a pain the first times, eheh.
    Take your time

Oh and a lower speed doesnt mean that particoular ship is crap, ERGO, dont join phantom races with a piranha hd.

le: typo
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 26th March 2011 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Quotes deleted, please re-read the rules.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

Ive already figured those thing out, but thanks for the tips... Im new to wipeout but not new to racing games of this type by any means. I use the fast ships for speed laps and TT"s, but in a real race I'm more apt to choose Assegai or Harimau. Havent really used the fury ships yet as I havene started fury and I didnt think using a ship with better stats in HD would really be helping me improve. And about getting online instead of doing offfline, i understand there are things that I'd learn only online through experience, but I do need to actually know the tracks somewhat. I know nothing at all about the fury tracks yet and the HD ones in reverse still need to be learned. Ive been online and done a few races, but as soon as a reverse or fury track is chosen my goose is cooked, LOL. BTW Ive used the piranha so little that I havent even unlocked a second livery for it yet.
    Last edited by greenymac; 25th March 2011 at 11:33 AM. Reason: adding one more thought..

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Well, it's no trouble really. I'm glad it could be of some help actually

ion harvest is offline Banned for sending profane and abusive PM's Rapier Pilot
    PSN ID
    ion_harvest

Welcome mate. I'm newish here too. I also like phantom but that doesn't mean flash and venom are noob speeds. There are lots of flash and venom class elite pilots who can beat phantom pilots in flash venom rooms. And getting air to BR on slower speeds requires a shed load of practice. Add me if you like and we can race sometime mate

Also I go some good advice from Jasmin-Jade on my first day here. She told me to lower my thrust sensitivity to 10 and airbrakes to 50 and the ship is much more responsive now

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

I already have both sensitivities set to 10 although sometimes i feel like i could turn the airbrakes up to 20, but at phantom speed i need them as responsive as possible. BTW I just sent a friend request out to you. I'll be doing some fury b4 tackling online really hard just so i'm not completely inept.XD

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Thanks a bunch mate, always nice to hear that the videos are of some use to someone Good luck to you

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by greenymac View Post
    ...and saturn return. (reborn?) couldnt remember.
    Real name is Stubborn return !

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I think you will find doing side shifts extremely difficult having your air brakes sensitivity set at 10! I don't think I have ever heard of anybody having them that low, or even 20.
    Playing online can be vastly different, depending on lag, even your preferred craft can handle differently.

PSN ID
    R3BU5ER

Indeed. Depends on if you are using l1/r1 or l2/r2 though, I know a bunch use l1/r/1 but I could never get used to it. I use l2/r2 and I have my sensitivity set to 30%...

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    Thanks a bunch mate, always nice to hear that the videos are of some use to someone Good luck to you
    they were my bible and bread and butter when i started..first video i saw..every time i played new track i would look up hellfire film..

every new player should watch these if they want to learn solid game foundation

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

Im using l1 and r1 as i found that the flippers just didnt work for me when it came to sideshifting. And Jasmin, I do the same thing you did with hellfire's vids. i'm using them now for reverse tracks and the fury tracks. I played a bit online today and added a few names fom here to my PSN list from there. I was going to join Rebu5er's room about30 mins ago, but I wanted to take a break and eat some dinner before cracking out on wipeout again. I'm getting brutalized online, everytime i join a race the next lowest rank is like a 40. I;m hanging tough but everyone else is just too fast for me right now. esp on reverse and fury tracks.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Javariko

WipEout is all about practice, just playing a lot. You'll get there