Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout 3 SE on US PS2

would you guys please stop quoting each other quoting each other?

Default Re: framerates, a dog, a canary and peanut butter...

Quote Originally Posted by vh5150
    Quote Originally Posted by adam917
    Where can I get Wipeout 3: Special Edition in the US? I'm aware that it's PAL.
    I bought two copies from the UK and Australia a while back on ebay.com.
    OK, what do I need to play it on a US PS1 (old grey kind with model # SCPH-7501)? I have a Game Enhancer that stops a US CD so it can be swapped with a backup or import to play. It will boot up fine but, will the game actually run the same as an NTSC version, as I'm playing it on a US (NTSC) PS1? I just hope I don't need a converter because the picture is completely messed up. In that case, I'd probably be forced to play it on an emulator when I get it...

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    .would you guys please stop quoting each other quoting each other?
    Lance, it would seem your message didn't hit home :wink:
    I just had to quote you. Now my quotation quota has run out, though.

Quoth the raven, "Nevermore."

Default to adam917 and vh5150

it's already bad enough to quote a complete post when only one part of it is being referred to in one's reply, but to quote other posts that quote oneself is to compound the generation of useless visual trash that wastes the time of the readers and wastes bandwidth. please do not continue that annoying style of posting.

please read your private messages. i tend to send those before i comment in public. if you are not receiving them, then something in the message system is not functioning because my sentbox shows that they have been sent.

-----------------------------------------------------------

to roger: at least you didn't quote me quoting yourself
    also the quote was both brief and relevant, plus the fact that it did not immediately follow the post being referenced.

Timezone
    GMT -5

To get back to adam's question.

Since you have the retail disc you will have to get cdrwin, p4u and eccregen to patch the .bin file to NTSC from PAL.

Once you patch it the color will be just fine and you do not need to convert it anymore.

If you have audio problems with the first audio track (TRACK 2) then refer to this guide:
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=230

OK, I have CDRWIN but, where do I get P4U and "Eccregen" and exactly how do I use them? I have absolutely no programming experience. Now, what would the steps be from original insertion to completion?

Thanks...

[2003-08-07 23:12:49 UTC]

Timezone
    GMT -5

They are tools for patching ps games. I can't hold your hand sorry.

There are already hints here and on other posts of mine.

thanks for the edits, vh5150

This is a little late, but I have a tendencey to look at topics sporadically:

Lance, I think you're being a bit harsh in your moderation. Especially in regards to modusop; he was a new poster with some questions. If he was being rude (and I took it as carelessness, not rudeness), he would soon be regarded as a jerk, get ignored, and subsequently get bored and leave. I think we should be a bit more friendly to newcomers and cut them a little slack, as long as they're not being abusive or a nuisance.

This is among the best boards on the internet. It's full of intelligent people with interesting things to say, and distinctly lacking in spammers and trolls. I don't think it's necessary to be so strict in moderation.

well-stated, James. good to hear your opinion. i just read back through the incident you're referring to. at the end of it, i mentioned that all of the members are, of course, free to state their opinions on my moderating. i both hoped and expected that there would be some comments; so far you are the first and only one since early March. let's hear from some more people about this; 'cause this forum sure as hell doesn't belong just to me.

maybe i was too harsh on modusop. my reasoning, if such it was, went like this: he might indeed be new to this forum, but he wasn't new to life and human interaction, and he's certainly not stupid. surely he had learned at some time that you just don't ignore other people who are talking to you unless you consider them totally unworthy of notice and respect. since he had posted immediately after zargz's question twice, and totally ignored him both times, it seemed to me to be deliberate rather than an oversight. how could he miss the posts when he's reading them to find an answer to his own question? was he so focussed on his own need for an answer that he couldn't reply to or even notice someone else's direct question to him? how would you feel if you were involved in a conversation with a few people and one of them persistently acted like you weren't there when you asked them direct questions. sure we could ignore such people in return till they go away, but do we really want to ignore bad behavior and let it continue till it dies out on its own, if it does that, or do we try to correct it? how long do we put up with disrespect? a day? a week? a month? what?

of the two basic choices of active or passive response, i've more often than not chosen the active method as being more suitable and effective, but naturally i could be wrong. perhaps which way works better depends on whom one is responding to, so that choosing predominantly one method cannot produce the best result.

you're right that these forums have few trolls or spammers; is that because we don't tolerate them long enough for them to get on a roll, or is it some other reason?

if we let them go too long, it destroys the friendliness of the forum, but the same destruction might also result from overly intense 'moderation'. a good balance is tricky.

more opinions, please

March?

Whoops. I should pay more attention.

doesn't matter whether it was March or August, you still have the right to comment on it, especially if it looks to you like it's a continuing trend. it's good that you did

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Well, it could matter but I don't think it is he point. It is true, though, that at the beginning of the year, the ambient in these forums was much more tense than it is now (fortunately) making tight moderation a necessary but sometimes unpleasant task (no pun intended).

As has happened other times, written word can also make our satements sound harsher than they were intended.

The point is that modusop excuse sounded just like that, an excuse.
    The kind we used to hear when we were 12 when a boy in class tried to get the benefit of the doubt from a teacher who was scolding him for something everyone knew he had done.

Maybe what modusop was indeed true, but sadly id didn't look like it. :-?

Timezone
    GMT -5

Default Hey this subject went like way off topic.

No problem on editing. I just didn't see that adam and I were like next to each other.

Now we're just like off topic.

Adam:

Get to megagames they have many tools and guides there. I wish I can help you out but you just have to RTFM on this kinda stuff.

You don't need any programming skills just a knack for reading instructions.
    Don't take it as harsh but I can't guide you.

You have to make the choice. You have to go through the door. I can only open it for you.

Default Re: Hey this subject went like way off topic.

I recently went there and got (almost all) the tools required for doing this. My only question is: Are there any updated tools? Almost all of them are from 2000 or before... I'll follow the guide TO THE L-E-T-T-E-R... LOL

Timezone
    GMT -5

the tools i told you about are old and so is wo3: se and they work for ps games still.

OK, thanks for the info.

ePSXE 1.60 runs this disc perfectly on my Windows PC. I don't understand why this was never released in the USA. It's not too late for Sony to make it a $10 bargain title...

Timezone
    GMT -5

Wow an old post was replied

What settings or plugins did you use? I have epsxe but haven't tried it yet other than Descent. I wanted to see if it can clean up graphics on those old psx games like the n64 emus do.

What video card do you have? I have a 7500 AIW Radeon.

Default fake NTSC? Uh uh

Quote Originally Posted by /.L1B3R7Y_
    yea, that's what I think, even tho it says it goes to NTSC, I think it just does a PAL but with a diferent resolution. It still runs faster tho, so now I'm confused
    I think I know what's going on here, most PAL TV's support a mode called PAL60 which is, as the name implies, a PAL display running at 60Hz instead of the normal 50Hz this is why you still get a colour picture which would not happen if it was true NTSC. Basically you can't get correct NTSC output from an unmodified PAL console.

Amiga heads will know this from the good old days as it was a quick and easy way to speed up a lot of games, especially American titles (quite rare) that had been hacked for Euro gamers without having their timing corrected.

Playing a PAL title that has been NTSC patched should work correctly as the video encoder on an NTSC PSX/PS2 will always be outputting correct colour burst and vertical scan frequency, in-game timing should only be affected if it is derived from the video clock.

P.S. Apologies if anybody is annoyed by me dragging up an old thread but I thought somebody might find this info interesting/useful.