Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout 3 SE on US PS2

Default Wipeout 3 SE on US PS2

Can someone tell me what options there are to play Wipeout 3 SE (PAL of course), on an NTSC US Playstation 2? This is my favorite game, and I would love to see it with texture mapping set to smooth... :wink:

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Absolutely none unless you've modded your PS2. In which case it becomes just like playing it on a modded PSX. Either have a copy of SE that will play on an NTSC system (I get the impression you've got that) or have a system that can handle PAL.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Default NTSC

And how would I go about getting either a copy that will work on NTSC, or just get a copy period?

Well, I do have the PAL one - on my PS1 I was able to use a swap disk technique to play this particular game...is there any kind of mod that works for this? I've heard of the plug mod- how can these be obtained?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

VL: zargz and I are on a quest... The Quest For The Holy Grail! No, wait, that's a different quest. He's helping me find the perfect version of SE that'll play on an NTSC system. So far we've got one that works but the game screen is larger than the TV screen. As soon as I can get my hands on this theoretical "ultimate disk" (I have no idea what process is being used to create them, I just rate 'em when I get 'em) then I can see myself sending a couple copies around. If you manage to find this legendary disc before I do, let me know. 8 )

modusop: I'm not kidding, you'll hafta mod your PS2 to get that to work. And I mean with a PS2 mod chip. I'd go for the good one if I were you, not the one that requires a GameShark (what an incredible piece of crap). modchip.ca is the best place I know.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

hey modusop & welcome 2the board!

do u c the thrust bar when u play this wo3se cd on your nysc machine(ps1 or ps2)?

Now if I were to buy a mod chip from one of these places, would I have to install it myself with solder and all that? Also, is that particular site (modchip.ca) reliable, or are they like the back of a van on the 'net? Thanks for all the replies!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

If they weren't reliable, I wouldn't have suggested them.
    When I modded my PSX, they're where it came from.
    They offer a lot of different things, go read about each one, figure out which one you want, there are details there about whether or not soldering is required. They always offer to do the work for you.
    You're going to have to do your own research, I'm afraid. This is one of those "facts of life" that you might have heard of. Nice try, trying to get someone else to do it for you.

Good Luck,
    J (Task)

So have any of you successfully played Wo3SE on the PS2 and with what exact configuration?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by zargz
    do u c the thrust bar when u play this wo3se cd on your nysc machine(ps1 or ps2)?

Am I to assume that no one on these forums has successfully played Wipeout 3 SE on an NTSC Playstation 2?

modusop, zargz has asked you a question [ twice, since you posted later without answering]. would you respond to it, please?

Sorry I must have posted that response elsewhere. It depends on the tv you use. This game has a larger picture than a normal NTSC game, so some of the screen will be cut off. If you center the image, it will indeed cut off the bottom of the HUD.

Default my sherlock weakness

nice try modusop but you didn't post anything elsewhere. at the time i write this, you have 6 posts and all of them are in this thread. but anyway, thanks for responding. [i'm sorry for pointing out the *coff* oversight, but sometimes i just feel compelled to track stuff down . :roll: ][i have a perfectionist streak that gets unevenly applied. like for instance, it doesn't get applied to my housecleaning]

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

lance: thanks4help
    modusop: I suspected that ..

I was referring to another board where I was asked a similar question. This is pretty bizarre treatment of a poster, especially at a site that is low volume such as this. I only came requesting the answer to a question of mine, not to be critiqued by a moderator. I will still view this site, but due to this, I will no longer post.

i'm sorry you feel that way. you didn't mention that you had asked on another board so i didn't know about that; but you were rude to one of your fellow members on this board, where you asked a question and were likewise answered here, but when he ''only came requesting the answer to a question'', you did not answer him or in any way take note of his existence. i feel i was justified in pointing this out. your reply that you may have possibly answered the question elsewhere seems to me like merely evading responsibility. if you just did a brief act of unintended incivility, then just admit it, no problem. just a small oversight. but to claim that someone's pointing it out to you is bizarre and unusual treatment, seems to me to be untrue. is it also bizarre to point out fallacies in a statement? if the correction of incivilities is bizarre and unusual, then the standards of the places where it is considered such are too low. i hope that you agree that this is so and will continue to post.

as always, all members of these forums, including you, are free to point out to me anything in which i have been unfair or guilty of false rationalisations or of overstepping the duties of a moderator

Default messiah mod chip

get the messiah mod chip. The patched version of wipeout 3se I have hides the turbo bar, but is still easily playable(fast though). You should just get a pal tv for a couple hunded bucks(20 inch) and then you will get the full picture if you are that worried about the energy bar(you'll also need a pal ps1 or ps2 or you'll get crappy colors). Best Option=== get a playstation emulator for the pc and get the real game unpatched, it should look awesome.

Default modded wo3

howdy, my first copy of Wip3out I played was a modded version that allowed me to play either PAL or NTSC at the start, which is beneficial if your trying for the fastest times here
    It did require that you have a modified Playstation - I used a Password card thingy. did anyone else have this kind of Wip3out?

Default oh yeah...

...forgot to mention, I used ePSXe on the PC to play Wip3out SE, only trouble is, that there is no CD sound, but CD sound works in most other games. Does anybody else get this?