Thread: Barrel rolls & wingspan

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Electromancer808

Default Barrel rolls & wingspan

I find that doing barrel rolls in smaller ships such as Mirage, EGX, Feisar and Icaras are easier to land than wider, bigger ships, with a larger wingspan across. Anyone else think so?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I find doing barrel rolls period, a pain in the butt.
    I suppose everybody makes adjustments for each craft.
    Although it might seem that way to you and me [and a whole load of other people as well], I doubt Studio Liverpool would of made a game that would of limited each craft compared to it's sibling in this regard.

It would of made it rather pointless giving such a wide choice of craft in the game if some were crippled by their BR ability.

You will get experts with each craft that will be able to do BR's regardless, where you and I will think it's impossible with that craft.
    Especially Auricom pilots.

Personally I find it harder to do BR's with the Fury version of AG-S than the HD version, it must be more to do with the handling difference, as slight they might be, that is the real reason.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phaeton_pl

I do agree that some ships are easier to do BR's. Icaras HD, Piranha both HD and Fury, Furimau are the best IMO, i think Feisar HD was hardest for me. Could be random for different players, i don't know.

Not necessarily. Qirex and Assegai Fury are quite narrow ships and difficult to BR. But the G45 flies around its' axis.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IndoorSnowStorm

To me, the more nimble the ship, the easier the barrel roll. I can barrel roll with pretty much any ship, but the easiest to me are EG-X and Assegai, probably because those are my two main craft. But when I use Qirex or Triakis, I can't seem to land a barrel roll every time.

Now I'm not the master of ship pitch, so maybe that's why I can't land barrel rolls with them. The extra bit of speed keeps me in the air a tad bit longer, which is enough to let me barrel roll without losing speed.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I find the AG-S hard to BR in. It seems fairly wide and flat at the back, and a little stuck to the track. Goteki I find v. easy. Icaras is OK but sometimes the wings seem to get in the way (HD Icaras - they clipped them on the Fury Icaras).

I think it depends more on handling and the experience of the player with the ship. If a ship is different to what you're used to I would imagine it would be harder to get the right line to make the BR easy to do.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

in my opinion the FEISAR HD is the best for crazy BRs, AURICOM HD is great too. can't say anything about the "fury" ships, cause i really dont use them. i find the QIREX and the TRIAKIS a bit hard to perform BRs with (i call them QIAKIS or TRIREX).

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    I find the AG-S hard to BR in. It seems fairly wide and flat at the back, and a little stuck to the track.
    Totally agree. I've been using AG-S for months now but I was really struggling to do Elite phantom at S.C with it. Swapped to an Assegai and the number of BRs I could do doubled!

PSN ID
    infoxicated

This might be psychological - I'm pretty sure all the ships occupy the same size of collision box regardless of their outward appearance. Will need to ask Egg about that.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    il_mago_di_Doz

Let us know

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated View Post
    This might be psychological - I'm pretty sure all the ships occupy the same size of collision box regardless of their outward appearance
    I believe that too ! The weight of a ship is a factor more important for barrel rolling feasibility, because you need height !