Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Teams Championship

Default 2011 Teams Championship

WipEout HD Teams Championship

FOR A 3V3 OR 4V4

1] A team is made up of 3 or 4 pilots all flying the same marque of ship. The actual configuration (HD, Fury, Zone Battle, Silver) is completely up to the pilot in question but the more variation the better to be able to differentiate between ships.

2] When two teams decide to challenge each other, it should be advisable that they have a full compliment of pilots. One pilot is nominated the captain for that round. He is responsible for deciding the actual lineup and being in contact with the other captain to choose a date. Preferably a Friday, Saturday or Sunday late GMT would probably be best.

2.5] HAVE A PEN AND PAPER HANDY DURING THE RACES

3] The challenging party is the first to host the races. This will be a tournament of all 8 HD tracks raced forward, on Phantom Class, Weapons and Barrel Rolls On, Pilot Assist Off, Weapon Hints Off. For clarification, the race structure should go:

Vineta K Fwd > Anulpha Pass Fwd > Moa Therma Fwd > Chenghou Project Fwd > Metropia Fwd > Sebenco Climb Fwd > Ubermall Fwd > Sol 2 Fwd

The final round is then a choice of the captain. It can be any of the following:
    - A Phantom Endurance Race (20 Laps) Weapons On or Off at a track of the captain's choice.
    - A Rapier Eliminator, Target 400 at a track of the captain's choice.
    - A Zone Battle, Target 55 at Syncopia, Corrdion 12 or Mallavol, captain's choice.

4] The challenged party then hosts another tournament of all 8 HD tracks in reverse order on Phantom Class, Weapons and Barrel Rolls On, Pilot Assist Off, Weapon Hints Off. For clarification, the race structure should go:

Sol 2 Rev > Ubermall Rev > Sebenco Climb Rev > Metropia Rev > Chenghou Project Rev > Moa Therma Rev > Anulpha Pass Rev > Vineta K Rev

The final round is then a choice of the captain. It can be any of the following:
    - A Phantom Endurance Race (20 Laps) Weapons On or Off at a track of the captain's choice.
    - A Zone Battle, Target 55 at Syncopia, Corrdion 12 or Mallavol, captain's choice.

5] Total up the scores for the teams, making sure to include the final rounds (the captain's choice). A victory in these score double the normal amount of points so:

1st = 16
    2nd = 12
    3rd = 10
    4th = 8
    5th = 6
    6th = 4
    7th = 2
    8th = 0

6] The winning team get to breathe a sigh of relief and clap themselves on the back. The losers have the duty of posting the results to this thread.

FOR A 2V2V2

1] A team is made up of 2 pilots all flying the same marque of ship. The actual configuration (HD, Fury, Zone Battle, Silver) is completely up to the pilot in question but the more variation the better to be able to differentiate between ships.

2] When three teams decide to challenge each other, it should be advisable that they have both pilots of each team in good contact with each other. One pilot is nominated the captain for that round. The team that set the challenge sets a time to race, and the others should attempt to make it there in time.

2.5] HAVE A PEN AND PAPER HANDY DURING THE RACES

3] The first team to respond to the challenger's challenge is the first to host the races. This will be a tournament of 6 tracks raced forward, on Phantom Class, Weapons and Barrel Rolls On, Pilot Assist and Weapon Hints Off. For clarification, the race structure should go:

Vineta K Fwd > Anulpha Pass Fwd > Moa Therma Fwd > Chenghou Project Fwd > Metropia Fwd > Sebenco Climb Fwd

4] The challenged party then hosts another tournament of 6 tracks in reverse order on Phantom Class, Weapons and Barrel Rolls On, Pilot Assist and Weapon Hints Off. For clarification, the race structure should go:

Tech De Ra Rev > Modesto Heights Rev > The Amphiseum Rev > Talon's Junction Rev > Sol 2 Rev > Ubermall Rev

5] The party that then set the challenge hosts its' final event. It can be any of the following:

6] Total up the scores for the teams, making sure to include the final rounds (the captain's choice). A victory in these score double the normal amount of points so:

1st = 16
    2nd = 12
    3rd = 10
    4th = 8
    5th = 6
    6th = 4
    7th = 2
    8th = 0

7] The winning team get to breathe a sigh of relief and clap themselves on the back. The team that lost overall have the duty of posting the results to this thread.
    Last edited by Challenger #001; 25th March 2011 at 09:26 AM.

Confirmed Teams

Nutcase:259
    Wotan998
    KiTTun
    CHRIS_REDFIELD
    Woopzilla
    skrotos32
    Sagiftangeri

Oryx_crake
    P_Denton
    yeldar2097

DreamyElf
    R3BUSER
    ion-harvest
    erich123
    z1r0re1
    il_mago_di_doz
    chaos80
    xifdo
    oxford4ever

Kyonshi
    IDReaper
    Dark_Phantom89
    TwitchySpitfire

Frailavi
    imre92
    Sidewinder123
    G-Superpilot
    bart_Mdma
    Colonel__Gadaffi

challenger001
    MegaGeeza22
    DialgiX

triboy
    TarquinFarqhuar
    DrMannevond
    Last edited by Challenger #001; 25th March 2011 at 09:29 AM.

the 5th? oh and i think it'd be cool if instead of having the colours for teams we had the little team avatars like in oryx's post

ps A1GP FTW!!!!!! (pity its gone under but rumour has it's coming back as A10 world series )

PSN ID
    R3BU5ER

Nice!

See what comes up!

Timezone
    GMT -5

Looks fun, now if only there was an Assegai Dev team for me to sneak on!

PSN ID
    R3BU5ER

Well, Frailavi, I should say: start recruiting!!
    Imre92 is Ã* good one to ask for starters, he's fast and assegai all the way!

PSN ID
    triboy

And what about good ol' Ikaras? Anyone want's to join?

Icaras squad is going to be terrifying. And as for Assegai, I think hacenetchik would be another good pilot.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    icarasDragon

Hey Challenger, I've found that QireX is a fairly good ship lately, So can I join the QireX squad with a HD ship?

As long as you promise to stop capitalising the X

Timezone
    GMT -5

I'd rather someone else start the Assegai squad as I'm still very new to the scene, but I suppose I can ask around!

Maybe looking around the members list of this would help: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=44

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

Is this still going? 7 days without a post...
    I would like to do some team games as iv never done one before
    if so i would like to join the best team, Qirex!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

hehe geeza it's all been put a little on hold what with the cup and avalon and all and besides we aren't exactly certain about teams and line ups and rules and all that. but as long as there is interest this will happen.

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

I can understand, cheers oryx! if there is room when the time comes i will be up for it!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

great geeza the more the merrier and I think chall is the leader of team Qirex

Easy, Geeza. Just because a thread isn't updated 24-7 doesn't mean that it's not operational. We're still trying to fill most of the team slots, and trying to get a match might prove a problem with so many different time zones. I'm tempted to drop the number of team members needed to 3 in case of difficulties. e.g. A Qirex vs Mirage fight could prove problematic with DialgX in the Australia zone and IDReaper in the America zone. It'd need a lot of tweaking, and also the only sensible day for the matches would be on Saturdays.

If nothing else, we could turn this into a small Round Robin with just the four teams if we can't get more. I may have found another member for the purple squad, and if triboy asks around I'm sure he could cough up a couple more Icaras pilots. Frailaivi, I'll see what I can do about Assegai pilots, though the majority are on the French boards. Bart_MDMA, hacenetchik, imre92 and a couple of other Gauls fly the 'segai, you'd best look for them.

Geeza, you're more than welcome at Team Qirex, by the way. We need to start doing Qirex sessions I think.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I've never seen the French boards and my French is quite bad. I've tried talking to imre over PSN, but it seems very hard to communicate. So I'd rather a French speaking veteran lead the Assegai team instead of a rookie English speaking pilot.

It would just work out better.

OK Frail. You're not the captain - just you happened to be the first interested in a Team Assegai. I'll start looking on Wipeout-Arena.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Would it be ok to add me to the Mirage Team?