Thread: My Ghost is not the best time?

PSN ID
    TH4YA1

Question My Ghost is not the best time?

Sometimes it happens that my ghost is not my personal best time.It happens often in Speedd Lap and time trial.It seems that Wipeout takes the last best time as ghost but not the overall best time.Damn.But it´s very important for me to see if i should abort a round. Is there a fix or can someone help me with that problem?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Ghosts are often bugged, you can't do anything about that.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Delete the ghost from 'Gamedata' and make a new, faster one

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

in my experience you don't need to delete the data, as getting a new PB will just overwrite the old data, even if your glitched ghost is cancelling laps and doing a bunch of stupid things just to get to the end as fast as possible.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

That does work sometimes but not every time, before I deleted it my Vineta K Reverse TT (first one I thought of) it would always glitch off into the distanceafter about 1/4 lap regardless of how much I improved it.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

five character limit

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

each time i make a new phantom pb on tt/sl i quit the game and make a copy of the brand new ghost on my badtest account !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I've had far fewer problems since I started making sure I don't do anything until the flashing icons at the top of the screen are finished flashing. However, sometimes it randomly decides to save a slow time, so I never finish a TT unless it's very close to my best time. Doing that seems to have prevented further problems for me. But backing is still a very good idea (he says, having not bothered to do it himself in about a year).

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

In the last few days/week, it has happened to me 3 times (unusual for me) - and in each of those last 3 instances, it actually happened in the middle of a speed lap session. So sometimes it really cannot be helped at all.

PSN ID
    TH4YA1

Ok. i deleted the Ghost Data File.That works.But i want my record Ghost back .

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I checked my 136 ghost times and 134 of them were best times for me. The 2 "slow" ghosts were from the time when HD was originally released. I'm fairly sure of what the reason for this is. I noticed early on when playing the game that if you press the X-button on the result screen before your loyalty points are summed up (which takes about 5 seconds or so) the ghost sometimes get saved even if it is not the best time that you have set on that track. Early on I decided to wait at least 20 seconds before hitting the X-button, I always do that when playing SL or TT. Doing so has resulted in correct ghost saves for over 2 years now. Maybe this is not a solution for everyone out there but it has definitely been a solution for me. The 2 slow ghosts have now been improved to represent best times of course!
    Last edited by multibodydynamics; 22nd January 2011 at 11:32 AM. Reason: spelling