Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011-01-07: WipEoutZone is 10

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FlintFandango or RennFlint or Flint Fandango (PS4)

Dear WipeoutZone,

my best wishes for the 10th anniversary!
    Many thanks to the initiators, moderators and content contributors of the forum, as well as the many friendly members who I met here!

In anticipation of another wonderful 10 years of discussions and exciting races...

sincerely

Flint
    Last edited by Flint Fandango; 9th January 2011 at 05:12 PM.

Happy Birthday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

We are all so lucky that our favourite game has such a first-class website dedicated to it, and that is all thanks to Rob.... so huge thanks indeed to you, Rob, Happy Birthday to the site and yet more thanks to all the members who have also made it happen. Thanks for the jokes, for sharing my enthusiasm for the game in so many ways, and above all for being behind me at the finish if you were

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Rennfisch / dieBeulenpest

Happy Birthday!

Congratulations and a great thank you to all initiators, moderators, contributors and all I have forgotten. I'm happy to be a part of that wonderful community.

To the next 10 years

Cheers

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Happy Birthday / Joyeux anniversaire to WipeoutZone and his 10 years old.
    Rob, I was honored to meet you twice and my best souvenir will be this meeting in Liverpool where we (few lucky basturds from WZ ) had those pints of lager in a pub after visiting folks from Studio Liverpool.

You made all those things possible : the friendship between members even in real life, welcoming new passionnated pilots or artists who felt in love with the Wipeout Universe, maintening the site after your passion to the new wipeouts fade away it's just amazing ! Also when I realize all the good moments i spent visiting or inviting +75 members from WZ and french sistership site : wipeout Arena, and the one who let me happy as a Wipeout Globetrotter it's you Rob.

Let's go for another 10 years and more!

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

Happy 10th Birthday WOZone!

A happy one it is once again

Many thanks Infoxicated for first getting the idea to create the site and forum and to take it online for so many people to enjoy and love!

The forum has given me a lot of great moments on the forum itself and on and around the racing tracks. Kanar came up with the idea of Avalon and I've had the pleasure of participating many wicked times in this legendary fest with so many people from around the globe In the real world I've been to two conventions, in 2009 and 2010, both epic little festivals of pilots from different countries and have met some of the most wonderfull people.

And of course especially, I've had the pleasure of meeting stinkleroy! For the first time during an Avalon weekend and afterwards on the forum. This happened almost 2 years ago now and a lot has happened and changed since We've fallen madly in love and are now happily living together! (ok a bit of an overload but appropriat ) I've moved from the Netherlands to go and live with her in the UK, best decission I've ever made

Without the forum and all the things it has inspired the members to do both on and outside of the forum this wouldn't have happened yet

So again, many thanks to Infoxicated for giving fruit to the forum and keeping it alive for all this time and hopefully many years to come! Also to all the moderators and ofcourse the members for their input and effort of making and keeping and making it again a wonderfull place to be a part of.

On the the next 10 years of WipEout Zone

AnErare

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SpaceboyG

Wow, I cannot believe it's been ten years already! I knew the site's been around for a while, but Rob's post has put it into perspective! Like I said before, I do not look at the number.

With that said, I'd like to say a Happy Anniversary to one of my favourite site sites and communities on the Internet. Ten years on the internet is an institution!

A big thank you goes to Rob, for keeping the site alive.

Also a big thanks goes to my fellow pilots that call this place home. I've had a lot of great memories meeting up with Jay, Flashback Jack, Arnaud and Al. Not to mention chatting with Medusa, Olol, kanar and many others to name a few.

I was going through my Wipeout folder and I do not know why I saved this file, but you can say the timing was serendipitous. Now you kids can see what the site looked like when you were in the early years of elementary school

Still puzzled why I have it and why it was from Internet Explorer

Once again Happy 10th Anniversary to WipeoutZone! Here's to many more years of visiting the site, anticipating the next installment in the franchise, discussions and let's not forget races with my fellow pilots. I will definitely toast a beer tomorrow and maybe I'll finally pull the trigger on that Speed Kills shirt that I've had my eye on.

funny Rob, I was playing wipeout 3 after not playing it since the last tourney, I don't think I have anything to toast with though, maybe some maple syrup

Thank you so much Rob for keeping this site up and running, and making those fantastic records tables. I remember when you added past wipeout 3, and that was when some great competition came out, and Arnaud obliterated all my times! I too have met many friends at the tourneys over the years, and while my electric bill went up quite a bit I don't regret any of it. Without this site, probably noone on here would be friends in the least, just names on the other side of the screen in wipeout hd.

thanks so much

zoolander

S Gajo, that was alot of fun up in Canada meeting you guys

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Wow, it's only my opinion, but the site looked awesome back then. Of coruse, it looks all sleek and sexy now, but the Wo3 bits.... :3

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Now that's a late turn I have here...

Congratulations to the site and many many thanks to Rob, of course! Without him and this site we'd never have met in Amsterdam in the very first place - and also not every year again. I was very happy to finally meet you in person - as with every other guy aswell.

Having this board was and is very essential to summon W'O'' fans from around the world. It might be an awesome series to us, but in the real world it's not that well-known - up until today.

Back then I was fascinated by the design and the music - the game itself (2097) took some time to enjoy playing it - maneuvering the crafts just needed a lot of practice. However (and despite to many others) HD finally is the masterpiece in my eyes - mostly because of the possibility for online eliminator races.

Rob - I'm glad you haven't given up on this site. I can understand your feelings about it and it's rather a shame that there's obviously nobody who wants to herein all your work.

I'm visiting this board very rarely these years. But I would definitly miss it, once it's gone. Before that will happen I'd rather take any responsibility hosting the site, I guess!

Amazing to think a more niche forum as gone ten years strong when many larger based ones fall by the wayside sooner.

A credit to the community here and the admin team.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Happy birthday WZ and thank you to Rob for dreaming up this excellent forum all those years ago. The community here is fantastic and I'm very thankful to be a part of it.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

It's really heartwarming to think back at the friendships that have been formed over the years. I feel lucky to have made friends from all over the world that I wouldn't have met if it hadn't been for this common interest in WipEout that we share.

Aside from the friendships, it's the romances that have blossomed too, with AnErare and Stinkleroy following that other classic WipEoutZone love story; Asayyeah and Stin!

Good catch on the homepage launch capture, Spaceboy Gajo. I don't think I took one when the site was first launched, and although I could probably fire it up on my development server with a bit of hacking, capturing an image of it now just wouldn't be the same as one taken in January 2001.

I should probably get some t-shirts created to mark the 10th anniversary, even if I'm the only one who buys one!
    Last edited by infoxicated; 23rd January 2011 at 09:23 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Malone80

Hello everyone, a long time lurker here! I finally decided to create an account to celebrate this sites 10th anniversary. Thank you for your efforts and may the race go on at least another decade.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Grats on the milestone!

wish I had been in an active phase when it rolled around

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Talking thank you Infoxicated ♪(*^^)o∀*∀o(^^*)♪

I wished I have joined this forum earlier!! It is a great community! Without intoxicated, this forum would never have existed.
    Thank you for your hard work on this forum intoxicated
    Keep up the great work! ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

So nice we are still nice to each other after 10 years.
    NO other forum can say that.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Happy 10 years Wozone !

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Happy bday WZ!
    Ive only been here for 2 of those no doubt quality 10 years.

I wonder how many people were here during the early days

Hi, Rob

You've built something remarkable here through your enthusiasm, dedication, persistence, and patience. The internet is usually a place of quickly evaporating interest and brief associations. I'm glad that you've decided to keep this community alive through all past troubles.

I joined on or about August 20 of 2001, when the place was still on EZ-Board and you had only months before taken over the captaincy. Early in the next year you gave Wipeout a place of its own.

In the last couple of years, especially in this last year, I've pulled back from the board for various reasons, including becoming absorbed in writing. So I've not performed mod duties for a long time now. But in those first several years I spent hours every day on here, and it's good to see that not only are you preserving the presence of the history of this place online, but are making it live on in the present and into the future. I'm glad to have been part of it and to have contributed something.

Carry on, sir. My respect to you.

Lance