Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Speed Glitch (used in my moa therma venom TT)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Gah no I think SL won't help there sadly. Too late, too many stuffs happened (SL dismantlement...), but I believe Yeldar's opinion there. Maybe it's not as bad as it looked first. As you said Texasalex, let's just try to record our races in the cup (especially the rounds in venom/flash on the tracks with long straight lines).

I don't want to forbid the slower classes on the cup just for that.
    Last edited by kanar; 8th January 2011 at 12:42 PM.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Maybe it's a test from SL to see how much we really love this game.

Let's keep playing and show them that we need another title!

Other than that, I'm going to try to fix some of the records right now (with video of course )

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

I dont think its game over for the lower speed classes... i always play a mixture of all 4. you do get the occasional person who goes up the lip of the side barrier to get air but its easy to spot these because they come flying over your head from nowere...
    The only time i fumed at someone cheating was on Sebenco climb reverse on phantom class, I just over took this person on the straight because he hit a bomb in the tunnel, i was 2nd and really happy! (i usually come 5th or below at this speed) i thought i finished 2nd when i finished but when the results came up i was third... i didnt see him pass me! so i think a big phat shortcut was used as there was only a few tight corners left..
    I dont think its ruined the game because these people are easily spotted and 95% of the time races are legit. its the cheats who play offline that spoil the leaderboards.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGeeza22 View Post
    The only time i fumed at someone cheating was on Sebenco climb reverse on phantom class, I just over took this person on the straight because he hit a bomb in the tunnel, i was 2nd and really happy! (i usually come 5th or below at this speed) i thought i finished 2nd when i finished but when the results came up i was third...
    that's called lag !

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

It could of been lag but i left them at the tunnel and they were nowere to be seen..
    usually lag is when your neck and neck and your nose crosses the line 1st but you come 2nd!!

There can be huge amounts of lag. I can remeber one race in particular where, during the race I was around 13 seconds behind ericd7m, but at the end of the race the game showed me as having beaten him by around 0.3 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    I suggest an amnesty, i.e. a thread where people can own up to use of a glitch, can promise never to use it again, and no-one will say anything bad about it.
    What, like an Alcoholics Anonymous thread?

"Hello everyone, my name's Bob and I... cheat at WipEout."
    "Hi Bob."

Anti-tripe
    Last edited by yeldar2097; 9th January 2011 at 02:54 AM. Reason: bleh

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

Blimey... great video! i couldn't see any glitching, i wish i could race like that...
    Alan partridge - Legend

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by Challenger #001 View Post
    What, like an Alcoholics Anonymous thread?
    Well kind of I guess. What's the other option? Everyone just gets all paranoid and suspicious of each other? It's happening already. I doubt many people would own up to it but if it carries on and becomes a real problem for folks then maybe it's worth a shot.

Or I guess maybe humour is an option.

To the tune of a well known Katy Perry song:

I used a glitch and I liked it,
    won-der if others mind it,
    They're hun-tin' this witch,
    I should hide it,
    Just hope that no-one else finds it.

It might be wrong,
    but it's a feeling I like,
    I'm top of the lea-der boards to-night.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 8th January 2011 at 03:13 PM. Reason: .

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Javariko

I don't think any of the regular players and posters on here should be mistrusted. In fact I believe every single regular on here is honest. It's the people who are less known and don't post on here that often that would be seen as suspicious when they leave a good player far behind, but really, I don't think that would happen at all. Frankly it's the regular posters on here that are considered world class.

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    I should hide it,

It might be wrong,
    but it's a feeling I like,
    I'm top of the lea-der boards to-night.
    Pahahahahaha

I love it!
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 8th January 2011 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Update :P

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Javariko

This was never the way I planned
    Not my intention
    I lost my head, indeed I went
    It's better not to mention
    It's not what, I'm used to
    Just need more speed I'm not that good!
    Set some new world records
    Now wait for the reactionsss!

I should hide it,
    It felt so wrong
    It felt so right
    But I'll be top of the leaderboards to-night.
    I liked it.
    Last edited by Jav; 8th January 2011 at 03:53 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Lulz. I thought up some more lines too Jav. I'll write them all down and then we can merge them together to craft it into one epic spoof song thing and put it up on youtube.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Javariko

Sounds a PLAN. Everyone'll sing a few lines and record it on webcam, then send it and upload

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

LOL that's very funny haha. My reaction to this thread is, oh look, cheating in wipeout again...:rolleyes.
    Screw all the cheaters out there, my reaction to any and all kinds of cheating is that whoever doesn't want to play the game properly can go crawl in a hole and die. (Don't take this literally. What it really means is, instead of spending time cheating, maybe one could go read up on chivalry or morality or go do something to build character. Don't just go die cause I said so.)
    It's a game for godsake. Play it. I will play wipeout the way I feel is "properly", and when I'm playing online, I'll try to ensure I"m only playing others who feel the same way. If that means playing only people I know after all this is said and done and gets spewn around the interwebz (it will, just like the Pulse crap did), fine. I don't care. The leaderboards be damned, there's leaderboards here and on Connavar's site which can be kept clean of loser's times. Blah. There I've said it, and it feels good.
    Last edited by Medusa; 8th January 2011 at 07:24 PM. Reason: political correctness. :/

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by kanar View Post
    as it's somewhat similar to Jaytech
    Except it's not other than the fact that you gain a substantial amount of speed. The way it's accomplished is totally different and entirely up to your abilities as a player (*)
    Jaytech was Jaytech, no matter who used it.

Just saying.

I guess everyone sees it as an exploit though so that answers the question I asked a while ago before this thread totally exploded.

(*) I say that but I was in the process of trying it out with Pilot Assist on at higher speed classes when my PS3 died so I'm not 100% sure on that.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    miizu3

Blahh, I'm quite frustrated at the moment about this whole cheat thing here.
    First of all I'm racing mainly at flash speed and had great races with slow-train online many times. Never been thinking he's cheating, he is just simply a fast pilot.

The "flying over" someone... uh, I don't get how it could be seen as cheating. There's many ways that could happen. Turbos, sideshift-brs, using the sides of a track - these are not cheating, right?
    Maybe I'm happily unaware of this cheat that's in question.

About the starter of this thread. There was this one online race, from which I actually remember his name in first place. I was having a decent race (means getting some turbos and not too many weapons used against me). And there's this guy, I've never seen before, who doesn't really know how to br but still gets ahead of me leaving me behind more and more. Could be he was just purely lucky with MANY turbos but it just seemed odd at the time.

Now I'm really sorry to hear if there's a plan of cutting other speed classes out from the cup.
    Personally I'm almost always racing at slower speeds and really suck at phantom. After all this cup was meant for everybody, and slower speeds require different knowledge of the tracks than phantom. So it would be like phantom players have their advantage with their choices but it would be taken away from slower speed pilots. I would be ready to video my games but can't speak for others, if they have the possibility for it.

Respect for all honest players,
    miizu3

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

After having thought about this for a while, keeping especially jav's comments in mind, I've come to the realization that for me I never really cared about beating anyone I didn't know was good from first hand knowledge, or to put it another way I dont care where I come so much on the leaderboards in terms of pure numbers, what I care about is where I place myself in relation to the players I acknowledge. For example, Yeldar, Pirhapac, leungbok, Tarquin etc. because I know for a fact that these names are legends and not cheaters.

Or to put it another way: If I cant see for myself or if they aren't vouched for by this community to bee good and honest, a player on the leaderboards, to me is just another couple of letters and numbers. I know who's times matter to me and who I care about beating in online races. The rest is of no consequence to my enjoyment of this game.

Well said there Oryx

I know the first thing i do when i finish a race is go straight to the friends leaderboard.
    "Damn still 3 seconds off DP "