Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Speed Glitch (used in my moa therma venom TT)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmadSmartAlex View Post
    No, it's not like that at all. It's the opposite. When that happens in CoD, the "hardcore" players killing you as soon as you spawn are the ones taking advantage of glitches/bad game design.
    Your argument suggests that you want WOHD to become like that, where the only way to win is to more or less cheat. Or only slow players should be allowed to cheat, to make it "fair"?
    Sorry, I don't mean to be harsh, but I just disagree with you totally.
    I agree, WipEout isn't Mario Kart.
    And an other & recent exemple, Gran Turismo 5. The skills are more important in GT5 than in WipEout where weapons can palliate level's difference. In GT5 if you are just 1 second less fast than your opponent, you'll never catch him unless an accident. So imagine if your opponent is an hardcore player !
    But GT5 is very famous and lot of players, good or not, have bought it & play it.

All games can be fun when you play it with opponents who have a near level than you, you don't need to have WR for that.
    Last edited by kaori; 7th January 2011 at 05:22 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phaeton_pl

I know many shortcuts and can pull-off most BR's but i terrible at online racing

I remember when brainbeat found a glitch on Talons Junction, he wasn't aware that glitches are not welcome here on WZ but his behavior was completely different than Mi1zw1z's. He was really sorry for what he did, and nobody was attacking him.

I'm not obsessed about rankings, I don't care if i have #1 or #5 on the leaderboards behind some glitchers. All i want is to compete with the best players who are honest with their methods and tricks.

Videos - this is another story, in XXI century we have cameras everywhere, in cellphones, computers, toothbrushes. If someone got #1 global he should put a video on YT, it's not that hard to do.

Cheers

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

MrSmadSmartAlex, Harsh lol.
    Top pilots no were all the lips on the edge the of tracks are and places to leave the track and in my terms 'misuse' BRs when 50% of people dont no about these places... im not saying new users need an advantage, i just think its wrong to 'glitch roll' on a ledge or side barrier to gain advantage when only a few people no about them. I hate it when im in 1st place and all of a sudden some muppet flies 50feet above my ship and BRs off into the distance.. Sol2 rev!! Cheating is bad in any form, like in the cheats thread i said leaderboard glitchers arnt cheats... there hackers
    Its ok though to use tons of BRs on the track like for Zicos trophy but i disagree with using the sides as a ramp
    Last edited by MegaGeeza22; 7th January 2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Zico

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

I think I must have accidentally glitched on Metropia at some point, My multiplayer race time on Rapier is 10th in the world! There's no way that can be right, I'm slow as sh*t

Personally I've never sought out any glitches or cheats on Wipeout, it would simply ruin any sense of accomplishment. Not having a go at anyone, just my personal view.
    Last edited by Colonel; 7th January 2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: typo

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by kaori View Post
    And an other & recent exemple, Gran Turismo 5. The skills are more important in GT5 than in WipEout where weapons can palliate level's difference
    I don't have the game, mate you know ! But i heard that players with driving assistance can be faster than pilots playing in simulation's config ! So politics of sony for their games is to low the global level of their gamers !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

whats your time then colonel?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    I don't have the game, mate you know ! But i heard that players with driving assistance can be faster than pilots playing in simulation's config ! So politics of sony for their games is to low the global level of their gamers !
    I know, but like WipEout, the host can set all, and forbid all assistance

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

So good pilots who leaves all the assistance available knows what to expect !

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGeeza22 View Post
    MrSmadSmartAlex, Harsh lol.
    Top pilots no were all the lips on the edge the of tracks are and places to leave the track and in my terms 'misuse' BRs when 50% of people dont no about these places... im not saying new users need an advantage, i just think its wrong to 'glitch roll' on a ledge or side barrier to gain advantage when only a few people no about them. I hate it when im in 1st place and all of a sudden some muppet flies 50feet above my ship and BRs off into the distance.. Sol2 rev!! Cheating is bad in any form, like in the cheats thread i said leaderboard glitchers arnt cheats... there hackers
    You were saying that new users need (and deserve) an advantage though. lol. Or at least it appeared that way.
    About BRs off the rails; if it's not taking advantage of an error in the programming (bouncing up very high after hitting some object and boosting over half the track is glitching though, I agree), it's not glitching/cheating, it's just skill and knowledge. Of course new players can't keep up with it, and they shouldn't be able to. They haven't practiced enough and don't know the game yet. If they want to learn, there's plenty of players here and in other places who'll gladly offer advice and encouragement, and after that, it's up to them to practice. But if they're going to cry and quit just because they can't be the best in the world without trying or cheating, good riddance.
    What are you saying? That this guy's glitched Venom times should be considered legit because he's young and relatively new to the game, for example? It doesn't work like that. No form of competition does. Do they allow less experienced athletes to take performance enhancing drugs in the Olympics?
    Last edited by MrSmadSmartAlex; 7th January 2011 at 05:58 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    texasalex

seems like FERFLAPPENDERAH used the same glich on Talons Junction TT Venom
    and some other tracks...

I once flew with him on venom and he overtook me on the straight. that seemed a little strange to me.

check the records, i donĀ“t want to accuse somebody wrongly.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

You guessed right, he's got some awesome new records in venom/flash.
    Moa rev, metro rev, world records

Thanks for reporting this, if you notice other glitchers too, because I need to
    know who to filter out.

PSN ID

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmadSmartAlex View Post
    You were Of course new players can't keep up with it, and they shouldn't be able to. They haven't practiced enough and don't know the game yet. If they want to learn, there's plenty of players here and in other places who'll gladly offer advice and encouragement, and after that, it's up to them to practice. But if they're going to cry and quit just because they can't be the best in the world without trying or cheating, good riddance.
    Spot on. Disagree with you on the Olympics thing though, I think all drug testing should be withdrawn. I want to see someone do the 100 metres in 7 seconds, eyes bulging out of their head, screaming all the way.

PSN ID

Quote Originally Posted by Oryx Crake View Post
    whats your time then colonel?
    Just checked and it's actually Metropia Reverse on venom. 122.97, best lap 17.5... 11th worldwide. God knows what happened, I don't even remember it, think it was shortly after I'd bought the game, which says it all really.

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

Red face

lol, nobody deserves an advantage.. i just want to see the online section booming with people! i think everyone would agree on that!! if there were loads of people then the "L" learners would all have a place to go! but as it is now you see rank 1s,2s racing with rank 50s,101s. But the best racers always come from nowere! I agree that the people who quit for good because they lose are cry babys!
    Anyway... Wipeout?

PSN ID
    Wotan998

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel__Gaddafi View Post
    Just checked and it's actually Metropia Reverse on venom. 122.97, best lap 17.5... 11th worldwide. God knows what happened, I don't even remember it, think it was shortly after I'd bought the game, which says it all really.

I think this bug came from zone battle online . That's the only place where you can do 17 seconds by lap

PSN ID

Ah, well that explains it, cheers Wotan.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Wobot knows all

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

I was wondering about clitches actually because I have a single race record on metropia fwd in rapier that is at the nr 11 spot(the time is somewhere around 1.38.xx) on conns site and I remember getting a sh*tload of turbos in that race is there such a glitch? Like "the shitload-of-turbos glitch"? I should add that I did get other things on the pick up pads too, not only turbos.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Well I intended to stay right out of this whole debacle, but I just went online and raced a Flash race, not my usual speed, but I wanted to see if what was /has been bantered about here is the truth or people are full of crap and got things way out of perspective.

It's not good I'm sorry to say.

2 forum members BOTH used the glitch to overtake me [I mean come flying over the top of me!] on my best track, IN THE SAME RACE.
    I won't name them, they know who they are.....one quit straight after the race....guilty conscience I suspect.

Neither has stated that they will refuse to use the glitch even though I KNOW both know how to use it, one has even posted in this thread, yet STILL is using this glitch....when I'm, the last FFiiing person on the planet you want to pull a stunt like that on, is racing against you ...WTF!

A review of your respective continuation in the WO HD Cup will be discussed with Kanar due to tonight's shameful display of unsportman's like conduct.

PSN ID
    slow-train aka pitbulldug

wtf! i hope your not talking about me blackwiggle? if its the race i won on sol2,i won fair and square, i do use the sides of the track for extra brs, but would never cheat! and i left right after cause i was shagged from racing texasalex all moning! in fact me and texas were just talking about this cheat glitch this morning n we both agree that people will continue to use it, but it wont be me or tex!!!!!