Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Glitch (used in my moa therma venom TT)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Quote Originally Posted by Kyonshi View Post

But you know what, guys? The game is already broken and agonizing! The real culprit behind all this are the @$$holes at SCEE. Maybe SL lacked some initiative in fixing the flaws WOHD have (the doomed voice chat is the best symbol of their inaction), but the real culprit here is Sony. They dismantled SL and now there will never ever be anymore patches and fixes for the game. They left the boat drift away until it slowly breaks itself upon reefs. The collisions/solid ghosts must be seriously re-evaluated, the ridiculous and frustrating respawn points must be fixed, the weapon pads respawn rate must be fixed, shield energy should be full after being eliminated... And of course the goddamn voice chat must be fixed. Those issues and some more to mention are mainly the reason why i took a long break from the game, just so you know.

But we'll never see anything of this. They preferred implementing ****ing ads after the game was bought by people....
    You are 100% right. I hope some past developer of WipEout HD will provide us answers...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    haiku_

Sometimes I really wish I knew some of these glitches. Not because I want to use them (I'm a purist! I wouldn't even BSB!), but because I would like to detect if someone is using them against me in a race.

There is this one player I race often at various classes (usually flash or rapier) and he consistently beats me by like 5 seconds. It drives me mad. In fact, he wins non stop and the times he gets would mean he is constantly hitting top 50 times almost every race he does. I have had races against him where I will pass all my laps beautifully, get super lucky on turbos, and hit all of my BRs and he'll still have my number by a few seconds.

The one time I was actually beating him in a race (nailed him with some missiles in the first lap!) he quit out before the race was over. Also he must have the most arrogant and obnoxious username I've seen in the game so far, so maybe that is also driving me mad playing him.

I want to think he is glitching because I don't want to think I suck that bad, but I've even raced some of the elites around here (in slower classes) and will occasionally get a win, or only lose by 1-2 seconds. He isn't competing in the cup either which is curious to me.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    haiku_

On another note, I have to say some of the ranting against SL/SCEE in this thread is a little disappointing. I am going to chalk it up to misplaced emotional charge over a game that we're all passionate about.

Consider this for a moment. Wipeout HD is still arguably one of the best looking and best performing next gen games and it showed up at a small price point relatively early in the PS3s life cycle. What they did on this game is nothing short of remarkable. The fact that one of the best technological gaming achievements just happens to be for my favorite game franchise is icing on the cake.

The kind of pressure a studio like SL is under when creating a game like this is enormous. SCEE can choose between high risk titles like Wipeout HD, or another killzone clone that is guaranteed to sell X amount of copies. Accusing them of poor QA, not addressing bugs, and criticizing certain game design issues is a bit disingenuous of us as a passionate community. SL had one guy on the dev team dedicated just purely to particle effects!! The care and thinking they put into creating this game, I think still has yet to be fully appreciated by the game loving world.

They created an intensely competitive environment that really challenges the player to the degree that most people put the game down after finding the learning curve just to steep. Realize that they had to push this through their producers at SCEE and get their vision to the market place. I applaud it every single day. It's nearly impossible to do in the gaming industry.

This sort of technology is very difficult to create, and the resources to fix bugs and get a game ready to ship are very finite and seriously expensive. A studio has to pick its battles. The fact that we dig up obscure glitches that very few people find out, or run into an occasional bug that might compromise a race is not SL/SCEE ignoring their title but more of a testament to how well they truly did. We find the types of bugs that can only be found through hundreds of thousands of hours across tens of thousands of players in every country the title is available in.

Directing any negativity toward the developers and publisher over things like this, in my opinion, is a counter productive attitude. As a community I think we do a good job policing ourselves so that glitches, bugs, and other hacks and anomalies don't ruin this legendary game for us.

PSN ID
    M1zw1z

@Oryx, I Cant Really Record if i play on my bed. and my tv is on the end of the bed, if i do it will restrict me alot anyway. But ill give it my best shot.

@DP89. Well i didnt know the glitch before the metropia challenge

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phaeton_pl

Hey M1zw1z, I sent you a PM (not abussive) about your great SL venom records on Moa Reverse and Metropia Reverse. You didn't replied to me.
    I was trying really hard to get a WR there but you beat both records with huge advantage. My lines are pretty good and i know most possible BR's so i was wondering what did you came up with to beat it? A new method? New BR's? Any hint please?

PSN ID
    M1zw1z

Moa is glitched reverse
    Took a long while fo metropia revere
    Try get a br after start boost. then good lines. use boost. triple br ss on speed pads then get good lines and ss on pad till finish

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Don't blame SL for most of Gliltches.
    For this one, yeah... ok.
    For the choice of INFINITE respawn delay of weapon pads, that's a f***ing terrible conception mistake... we often make complete laps online without getting any weapon. This one is the major "bug" for me (it's not a bug, is a very bad choice).

But for all the glitches on the tracks where you can literally shortcut half of the track (anulpha pass f, modesto r, sebenco r, sol 2, etc), I don't agree to blame SL! Seriously, for those who saw the vids (like me), it's nearly impossible to find. Moa R and Sol 2 are more obvious to me, but not the others.
    (thanks for those who shared the vids with me, it's just awesome to watch! )

Anyway, I thank SL for the game.

I understand the point of Darkdrium and the comparison with the Strafe Jump. My point of view (so, that's just me) is that the Strafe Jump opened gates to crazy mods, like the Defrag Mod in Quake 3 (crazy skills needed). This will not open any gates.

I don't blame DjM1zw1z for finding this of course. I don't even blame him for having used it first time. I would like he came and say : "Hey, I found something strange, doing **like this** I could beat a WR". I'm sure some people would have been very angry... I would have say : "Ok, but please don't use it to beat records, preserve the ranks and the efforts of the people over the past 2 years".

I'm not concerned with this story, as :
    - I'm just an average pilot, I'll never get a top 10... top 50 is already a Legendary performance for me!
    - I care only about Phantom. Doesn't mean I don't respect slow class players. The vids from Texalex and Wizardplay are impressive... but I like a lot better the vids from Leungbok, Pih, Yeldar, Sat, etc.

@DjM1zw1z : make vids on the tracks where you say you got legit records and be sure I'll post a congrats comment on your youtube profile.
    Last edited by Temet; 7th January 2011 at 08:03 AM.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

I think the fact that you are still posting shows you have balls mate .

My main problem with all this, is taking part in the speed lap challenge, which has been running for a long while cheat free and you have come along and rather blown it apart. In fact it may of just destroyed it for me as we will never know if people are using this cheat a little here and a little there. It's not your fault it exists of course but you did post how to do it, so it won't take long for news to spread

There is also a difference of opinion on how many tracks you have used it on, you say one, others are saying that you have done it on most of them. Who should we believe? There's a big question of trust going on here still .
    Last edited by KGB; 7th January 2011 at 08:16 AM. Reason: words

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by DjM1zw1z View Post
    then good lines
    Like on that vids ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG4da...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf0Hi...eature=related
    Strange how you slalom on moa's magstrip ! Venom is not that hard to control to perform tight straight lines, or maybe you're trying something !
    You want us to trust you ? = videos of laps where you have WR !!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phaeton_pl

Quote Originally Posted by DjM1zw1z View Post
    Moa is glitched reverse
    Took a long while fo metropia revere
    Try get a br after start boost. then good lines. use boost. triple br ss on speed pads then get good lines and ss on pad till finish
    Moa Reverse is glitched? You said it's not glitched few times in this thread...
    There was a nice competition for #1 between me and texasalex on there, ruined now...

Metropia Rev? Myself and Barnster are using the same method but you are 0.3 second ahead which is a lot for a venom...

Another thing. Do you use 2 accounts (DjM1zw1z and M1zw1z) at the same time? Congrats for having both #6 and #7 on Anulpha Forward venom... but is there any point for flooding rankings with several times from the same person?

Upload some videos, you did it before so it shouldn't be a problem

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

I'm very sorry for you phaeton_pl, and texasalex, etc, all the pro "BR" venom
    If only SL could resurrect and fix this game!!
    Well the leaderboards have been polluted for quite some time, at least on the
    unofficial rankings website, I promise to delete/ban all the known glitched times.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Just discovered this thread, and I have to say I'm not that surprised - TBH I don't think some 15 year old kid is going to be able to legitimately come along and get regular top 10 times and even a world #1 practically overnight, especially when they're stupid enough to flood the leaderboards with records from duplicate accounts.

I'm all for discovering tricks and new things, but when you deliberately distort the official leaderboards with glitched times, repeatedly - that's beyond too much. You really need to know where the line is when people are passionate about something, and you've crossed it by treating the leaderboards as a joke for personal gain. It's easy to prevent glitched times from being uploaded, and I've seen it mentioned on these forums numerous times.
    People have been banned from tournaments for much less, and I don't think djM1zW1z should be able to compete in the HD Cup at all. I for one don't feel comfortable playing against someone who has been proven to cheat just to get their name to the top of a list.

Also, you're completely untrustworthy - you've said on page 1 that on moa reverse you can't do the glitch, and then just above you've said it just took a while to get it going. I don't think any of the times you've posted are believable on face value alone.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

@m1z what I meant was to go to the records screen and show your personal records. film them (shouldn't be too troublesome as you dont need to actually hold the controller for most of that.) put them on youtube for everyone to see your top 5 records on each track. this will make it easy for people to see and compare your records, both to your older records and to their own. it's a bit of work doing this but in the spirit of honesty and to clear your name it could be a smart move.

Also dont be surprised if people are a bit suspicious towards you for a while, after all trust is hard to earn and easy to loose. If you keep your head down and keep being honest it will pass over time.

Did I miss something lol.

Well in my experience glitches are pretty damn hard to do in this game...
    and it took 3 years for this one to be found...

soo

glitch or no glitch I'll never be able to beat Yeldar.

YOUR AN ABOMINATION!

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Megalol, classic ^_^

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

+1000 yeld

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    Like on that vids ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG4da...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf0Hi...eature=related
    Strange how you slalom on moa's magstrip ! Venom is not that hard to control to perform tight straight lines, or maybe you're trying something !
    You want us to trust you ? = videos of laps where you have WR !!
    Holy ****, settle down.
    That 'slalom' you were talking about - He was being both being pushed by the other racers and was also trying to avoid crashing into them. None of them have the 'speed' increase you get from performing the glitch (upwards of 530kph on venom unboosted)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

I can't judge pilot's lines on venom, i'm only a BR freak !
    Here's what i call a clean venom race :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orWhMOhHIbY

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Quote Originally Posted by amplificated View Post
    Also, you're completely untrustworthy - you've said on page 1 that on moa reverse you can't do the glitch, and then just above you've said it just took a while to get it going. I don't think any of the times you've posted are believable on face value alone.
    This. Why are people ignoring this? The kid's obviously only admitting to each time he's cheated after he gets caught. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by haiku View Post
    SL had one guy on the dev team dedicated just purely to particle effects!!
    Perhaps he should have been dedicated to bug-fixes instead.

I think reading this thread has finally made my decision on whether to get into WOHD. I'll stick to games with less glitches and cheaters. Like Pure and Pulse.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmadSmartAlex View Post
    I'll stick to games with less glitches and cheaters. Like Pure and Pulse.
    Lol, Smad