Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Glitch (used in my moa therma venom TT)

Interesting I think if you used if for Time Trials and speed laps it could be alright? as you will be able to tell who's using the glitch (assuming its blatantly obvious)

maybe only in pre-decided 'glitch only races' set up on here? it could be our own little speed class that no one else knows
    that way everyone knows what there signing up for when they enter the lobby
    i mean if it could be used in other speed classes it could add a totally new dimension to the game?
    I think it depends on how this glitch is achieved whether or not something like that would be possible

but i think using it in a public race, or when others arn't aware then thats totally wrong :-
    Last edited by Nutcase:259; 6th January 2011 at 07:46 PM.

PSN ID
    M1zw1z

Quote Originally Posted by kaori View Post
    You say "just Moa", don't take us for idiot like you are...
    You come with some incredible times and you want to learn us how to play !!!

Hey, some friends and me had big doubts with you since you showed up.

You used your glitch on Chenghou Project & Metropia, look below, and you used it on Sebenco, but with your incompetences in barrel rolls & lines, you was last. Without this cheat, you would have been 5 seconds behind everybody

[/B]
    Chenghou Reverse Is My Specialty Course. I Tried It today and i got 30:65 without it

I Hate Sebenco, I never took a real go at it.
    Last edited by DjM1zw1z; 6th January 2011 at 08:26 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Only videos can convince us now !!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I think it would devalue the couple of years people have been playing and improving in other ways. I wouldn't like to see it used until current methods involving lines and BRs and boosts had been completely squeezed for all they're worth.

If there were a separate board for it on Connavar's site then I wouldn't mind, but I think it's best not to spread it at all, because of the same reasons as Nutcase mentions. You just couldn't know who was using it and there's no way to turn it off, so online would fail even harder and it would probably kill the online game. Everyone would make private games every time and no-one new would get to race. We'd make no new Wipeout friends etc. Basically, it'd totally suck.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Quote Originally Posted by DjM1zw1z View Post
    Chenghou Reverse Is My Specialty Course. I Tried It today and i got 30:65 without it

I Hate Sebenco, I never took a real go at it.
    So you admit using it during the SL Challenge? For god's sake, I thought we were all honest around here. I made it as a way to help us improve our GENUINE skills not exploit glitches.....

PSN ID
    M1zw1z

Ban me from the cup do whatever **** to me, i dont care but i didnt want to wreck a game, people are taking this chance to do whatever they can to me to make me feel bad, And its working but it just seems all the **** what gets thrown at you for being honest

PSN ID
    M1zw1z

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Phantom_89 View Post
    So you admit using it during the SL Challenge? For god's sake, I thought we were all honest around here. I made it as a way to help us improve our GENUINE skills not exploit glitches.....
    I never used it in the first place. I am Honest. That Lap Took over 200 attempts and i was thrilled to bits when i got it.
    With sebenco i never really took a proper attempt i did max 10 laps and just did never did anything else.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Personally I don't really have a problem with it, the only problem is with people being dishonest. Thankfully we have a lovely little community here, united in our passion for all things WipE (amongst others here and there of course ). No doubt there are some people who will take advantage of this, fine, that's up to them. If they hold their hands up and say what they're doing, I don't see how anyone can get too riled about it. Sure, some may disagree very strongly with it, but it's their decision not to use it, nobody else's. I've always liked how open this community is with regards hints/tips what have you, it's fabulous. I know full well I still wouldn't know about half the tricks in this game if it wasn't for people actively wanting to share. Even if there is something people don't really want to share for fear wrecking the leaderboards or whatever it may be, then they won't share it. At the same time, they won't abuse what they know. At least 16 of the tracks have major (some very major) 'glitch-cuts' that only a handful of people know about. If they wanted they could all top the leaderboards by bloody miles and leave everybody scratching their heads. They know wouldn't really be fair, it doesn't make it any more fun, just annoying for everyone else and as a result they don't exploit the system.
    Problems really start occuring when you have one or more people using these techniques, keeping them a secret, and at the same time claiming to be doing things the old fashioned 'legitimate' way. Ok, some people couldn't care less about leaderboards, WRs etc... but some people (like myself) take pride in the their efforts to squeeze every last drop of performance out of their craft in order to approach the track's limits. Soppy stuff yes, but I can certainly imagine people being thoroughly disheartened when they, after so much time, can be bested by what, in this game is a HUGE margin with no plausible explanation. We all know that the active WipEout community was never massive, and it's not really on the increase either, so more than anything I think it's a shame to risk people leavin the game they love thanks to a seemingly inexplicable phenomenon that has all but crushed their previous efforts.
    I think I'll stop there.
    /sentimental WipEout addict.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Quote Originally Posted by DjM1zw1z View Post
    Ban me from the cup do whatever **** to me, i dont care but i didnt want to wreck a game, people are taking this chance to do whatever they can to me to make me feel bad, And its working but it just seems all the **** what gets thrown at you for being honest
    I don't think anybody is trying to make you feel bad and we do appreciate your honesty but as I said before, any talk of glitches is bound to be met by negative retaliation and new accusations whether they are true or false.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

I'm sorry but I'm still speechless about that. I think we need some time to analyze a bit this stuff; I can't take any decision for the cup yet, DjM1zw1z thanks for finally posting here about this stuff, we had a few hints about this weird speed thing a while ago with someone who participated at the avalon cup, now you're just confirming this obvious lack of beta testing from SL. I'm going to update the boards of the cup, I need to think about that a bit more. Sorry for not being around atm, real life obligations really not at the best moment. Fk it.

PSN ID
    M1zw1z

Y'know wat kanar, Ban me from the cup if it will make people happy.
    Well Its I am NEVER EVER USING IT ONLINE (including cup)
    Last edited by DjM1zw1z; 6th January 2011 at 09:04 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Not my intention. Tbh I'll contact chaos about your previous meeting, but I don't think this trick really gave you the win (if you used it of course). So if you're still up, you're still in. It's wait & see for me, I really need to think about that due to the nature of this trick. Even explained, it still feels so weird for me.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

I think we can somehow hold on onto DjM1zw1z a bit. At least he admited it publicly. But that's not an excuse for using it, and its stupid to use it to break WRs. You should have thought twice dude...

But you know what, guys? The game is already broken and agonizing! The real culprit behind all this are the @$$holes at SCEE. Maybe SL lacked some initiative in fixing the flaws WOHD have (the doomed voice chat is the best symbol of their inaction), but the real culprit here is Sony. They dismantled SL and now there will never ever be anymore patches and fixes for the game. They left the boat drift away until it slowly breaks itself upon reefs. The collisions/solid ghosts must be seriously re-evaluated, the ridiculous and frustrating respawn points must be fixed, the weapon pads respawn rate must be fixed, shield energy should be full after being eliminated... And of course the goddamn voice chat must be fixed. Those issues and some more to mention are mainly the reason why i took a long break from the game, just so you know.

But we'll never see anything of this. They preferred implementing ****ing ads after the game was bought by people. So you see, the weight of the world shouldn't be all on DjM1zw1z's shoulders. If Sony executives would have thought with their selfish brains for a minute, they would have only reduced the staff of SL either to maintain a bit of decent gameplay in WOHD or flip the game to another intern studio. And to fix game-breaking issues like the one on the front page right now...

@ DjM1zw1z

at least your honest about having used a glitch.

many players just happily cheat and keep quiet.
    some use cheat controllers with b'r mapped to them dosnt take a proffessor to work it out seeing some of the vids.
    there are players who use glitches that are near impossible to spot on the records.
    many players take advantage of game mechanic glitches and keep it secret.
    happily play someone knowing they are not aware of this and act all smug about how skilled they are when its just a gimmick.

lag manipulators..

problem is wipeout is some peoples life they get too serious and will do anything to shave a .1 second off their time.

you get the fake id's brigade some of them are in this world cup
    the ganging up on players happens where a slow player in the gang screws you so his fast mate can win, using txt to talk to each other.

its a shame as their are some quality honest players out there and their efforts are trashed by this filth.
    only conselation is wipeout is actually not as abused as many other games i have seen.
    Other games and websites tend to have straight players like the guy above who expose all the cheats and tricks to level the playing field.so the gimmicks are available to everyone and not exploited only by the players in the know.

i watched some games in spectator mode that just make me laugh with certain players getting 10 turbos in a race, then they do it again and again.

online competition is like this thats why the super hardcore players tend to meet to person and play live games where this crap isnt possible

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

Wow! What a mess... I'm sorry to see this happened and I understand why some people are mad about it (I have never even been close to the top 10 best tt or sl times so I wouldn't know how it feels to be bumped like that) but I do think that m1zw1z should get more credit for being straight with us about it.
    Now I obviously dont know the whole story here with all the mail and pms he's been recieving but isn't it kind of easy to check if times are glitched?

a suggestion here might be if you m1zw1z take a camera and film all your records (that is to say film the records screen on wohd) to show what they look like, if people are sceptical.
    That way it's easy enough to compare them to legitimate times for comparison.

Also I'd like to agree with saturn that the in game online boards are messed up as it is so the best boards we have are probably the ones on connavar's site, where glitched times have no place. At least thats where I go to see who's best.

In conclusion I'm going to trust m1zw1z, he's always been fair with me and he's a nice pilot to race against online. He's had his punishment I think, and knows not to do it again.
    If some of you feel different then thats your prerogative but on m1zw1z's behalf I'd like to add that more angry messages and similar stuff will serve no purpose other than creating bad blood within the community.

We cant all agree and we cant all like each other but let's not destroy the community over it.

the saddest thing about glitches is the efforts of so many good players are damaged by the glitches.
    it must be infuriating to be number one and be cheated out of therir slot by a glitch player.

my sympathy goes out to all these good honest players

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

True that's a shame, but all this talk of lag switches and weapons manipulation, bullying...nobody actually does that

I'm not sure why everyone thinks we're being harsh or rude, I think thus far the response has been rather measured. Usually someone gets banned and at least one person loses an eye when things like this crop up.

@yeldar

bullying does happen yeldar and i know some of the players who do it by name, i will not name them as i dont want to start a fight i just wont play them anymore so the problem is gone for me.
    also lag manipulation is used in many games always has always will be.

the guy who said about the glitch has been brave and admitted it and said sorry.i dont think anyone has really got out of hand either.

thats a good thing.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

I'm just saying that this thing kind of has run it's course I'm not saying, dont be harsh or whatever but at this point we all know people have been angry and are angry about it and those who want to have told m1z how they feel right?

If he is appologetic about it and understands what he did wrong, then is there really a point to telling him again? I mean I think it's fairly obvious from his posts that he feels very bad about it and that all the messages he's gotten hurt him, which I suppose was the intended effect.

I dont know maybe I'm wrong but to me it sounds like he's going to be feeling this for a while anyways. So why not let the cup officials, m1z and chaos figure this out amongst themselves while the rest of us "turn the page" so to speak.

anyone for a pimms

maybe we need some of those crud chuck norris jokes to lift the mood in this thread

chuck norris uses a glitch to slow his ship down to make his world records mean more to his fans..