Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Speed Glitch (used in my moa therma venom TT)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Lol, hey Blackwiggle, mate, Phaeton is certified "glitchlessized" !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phaeton_pl

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Please don't tell me you used the glitch as well to knock him off.
    Yeah, i typed " M L I " on my keyboard. I got 100% of ammo and energy but lost all the treasures i found before

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

When did all this turn from suspecting DjM of cheating into suspecting anyone whos ever posted and impressive record? I've raced slow-train a couple of times and although he leaves me in the dust I never see anything strange beyond a wierd amount of skill going on... I dont know if I'm missunderstanding something here but it sounds like some of the top players, who I'd never doubt, are being accused of cheating?

Where did the trust go?

(I know I'm exagerating a bit saying every top player but if you suspect one then why not all?)
    Last edited by Oryx Crake; 9th January 2011 at 09:54 AM.

Hey Wiggle

We are lucky the servers don't belong to EA.

COZ THEY WOULD ALREADY BE SHUtDOWN! lol

Moral of the story

"kids, Don't by EA games"

Also iv got a permanent fix for the glitch guys.

STOP RACING VENOM AND FLASH THOSE ARE GAY> COME AND PLAY PHANTOM.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

It's a pretty low tactic (and I use that word in the loosest term possible) to resort to this sort of thing in a vain attempt to get somewhere that you can't. Yes the leaderboards are messed up but this isn't the case for every track and if I went for SL's and TT's at the lower classes more often I'd be pretty pissed off.

Of course these accusations are going to turn into witch-hunts aimed at people who race at those classes but I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar that these people are veterans and already have the necessary skills to compete with the top so they have no need to resort to cheap underhand tactics.

M1zw1z owned up and admitted the error of his ways and I think he should gain a little respect back for this, however as phaeton pointed out, the fact that his name is everywhere on the lower classes shows that he exploited this and made himself almost unbeatable legit before spilling the beans.

So M1zw1z, that's why some people are still annoyed with you. You set off the fireworks, let them cause carnage any only then said "yeh I did it." It doesn't really have much value unfortunately because the damage has already been done.

PSN ID
    M1zw1z

Quote Originally Posted by mikrucio View Post
    STOP RACING VENOM AND FLASH THOSE ARE GAY> COME AND PLAY PHANTOM.
    I am. Phantom Owns!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

can you also stop kissing arse?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Yes Wakefield is being rezoned as the new Cambodia, absorb weapons while playing online is my advise.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Quote Originally Posted by phaeton_pl View Post
    Yeah, i typed " M L I " on my keyboard. I got 100% of ammo and energy but lost all the treasures i found before
    Bwahaha, best thing I've read in this thread so far

Also I can vouch for Slow-train, I raced him eons ago at flash class and we had some awesome close races (with him always winning) but he has always been mighty fast at this speed...please come back to the cup mate
    Last edited by stinkleroy; 9th January 2011 at 11:19 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Pulling out of the cup because one person has blindly pointed the finger at a bunch of names is pretty weak. I'd rather he stay in the cup, and records his next match to remove any doubt. It's easy to do, and the tournament is better the stronger its lineup is... basically, we're missing out as much as he is.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

That's the problem, he shouldn't have to remove any doubt. You now feel he should record a race to prove he isn't a cheat, why? As Slow-Train said himself to me "**** sticks". What a mess this is. To top it all off the OP is now asking who his next opponent is in the cup, I've resisted so far to reply to that one.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Javariko

At the end of the day, it'd been better if this thread had not been created. Or edited & closed very quickly.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    IoannisVita

I didn't follow the thread much but i just wanted to say one thing.
    I met slow-train during my early days on wipeout hd when i used to race on rapier and a bit flash.
    At first i thought that he cheats because he won by huge secs the races.
    But then i joined zone i saw some videos of the masters and i tried to practice.
    I finally managed to compete with him and even won a couple of races...
    Just because he is great on venom and flash, it doesn't mean that he cheats, he just played the game a LOT.

Anyway, i've just wanted to say that slow-train is one of my most respected pilots, he plays the game for the reason i play it: for FUN, not to be 1st on the records and most of all he is a very friendly and honest person.

edit: I agree with Jav, threads like this only end-up bad, i remember 2 of them back in the summer...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Quote Originally Posted by KGB1971 View Post
    That's the problem, he shouldn't have to remove any doubt. You now feel he should record a race to prove he isn't a cheat, why?
    For me, he doesn't have to. But then, really, it's not that hard to make videos. I did it for my match and I don't even really know why.
    However, I agree that being asked to prove a negative is a ridiculous proposition in most cases, including this one... that said, I don't think that when you have a reputable record, everyone is going to gang up against you at the word of one individual who has no proof and started dropping names and then saying "I don't know who it was". It's a weak accusation, and as has been shown by the responses in this thread, most people know that.

Quote Originally Posted by KGB
    To top it all off the OP is now asking who his next opponent is in the cup, I've resisted so far to reply to that one.
    I saw that as well, and I'm sitting there thinking he shouldn't even be allowed to compete, but that's just me. He hasn't done anything to lessen impact of many, many glitched records, and he still sounds like a little brat. He should shut up, go away, and come back when he adds something respectable to his belt. If he thinks it's unfair that his enjoyment of the game is lessened because of it, he should consider that he's caused many other people's enjoyment of the game to be lessened by a multitude of glitched times taking up space (sometimes 2 slots for the same event) at the top of the leaderboards, just to serve his own self importance. Hell, due to this whole problem we've got a well-known player leaving the tournament after a (probable) false accusation of cheating. Pretty ****ing unfair if you ask me.
    Last edited by amplificated; 9th January 2011 at 12:17 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Javariko

My call: convince slow-train to get back in the cup, remove DjM (for the sake of having no controversy with each and every of his races) and close this thread immediately.

PSN ID
    M1zw1z

why is slow-train out of the cup

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

I look forward the answers !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

As far as I know there's still only two people that definitely used it so unless that changes then I guess there's little point continuing with this. But unless it can be confirmed then daft paranoia will continue.

Thread closed until I can get some answers out of people, because it's clearly not going to evolve to a natural conclusion. Will report back.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 9th January 2011 at 12:32 PM. Reason: .

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Default Moderator Message

Update 1: I'm trying to determine the source of the glitch and how widespread it is, or could be. This is not proving easy. My inbox reads like a bunch of scripts for various characters on a murder mystery weekend.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Default Conclusion

DjM1zw1z - I've spoken to DjM via PM. He has apologized and would like everyone to know that he is apologetic. However, I've decided that there is too much uncertainty around what he has said to be able to determine the ultimate truth. BUT, he did own up to this, and while people were throwing accusations around and getting riled up, his reaction was actually quite measured. He wasn't swearing or calling anyone names or any of that. Therefore, I'm not banning him. He will be suspended for a month. In that time he can attempt to prove that the times he claims are genuine actually are, by finding some way to record them. If the trust he's lost is regained then he will be able to come back to the forum. If not, then we'll consider what to do in a month's time. I will recommend that kanar does ban him from the cup on this occasion, simply because the results of that cup are built on trust and that trust is temporarily gone.

blackwiggle - Some people have taken blackwiggle's posts personally. Although there may have been perceived implication of blame for those who were in the same game, in fairness he didn't actually publicly blame anyone in particular. Whatever the reason for this, it's based on his experiences in the game and his knowledge and views. Therefore, anyone with issues about what he has written would be best to take them up with him. I wouldn't like him or anyone else to think that the glitch itself has wrecked the game so will attempt to reassure anyone who feels it has that this is not the case.

slow-train - Plenty of people vouch for your ability and I don't think you have reason to pull out of the cup if you don't want to. I think you should carry on.

General - as far as I know the knowledge of the actual glitch is still extremely limited. There is only one other person who I think may have been using this or some other glitch. If that's proven then his records should be excluded from Connavar's site.
    I know what the glitch is, I've tried it at Phantom, and even if someone practised enough to use it there, it wouldn't be enough of an advantage to really be worth the effort, IMO.
    If anyone suspects other players are using it then they should try to raise it with them in a reasonable way. If they confirm someone is using it, then discourage them and let Connavar know so that he can exclude their records from his website.
    If anyone sees the method for the glitch being spread to other parts of the internet then try to discourage it there too.

That's really all I can do/say on the matter.

Finally, IMO, the glitch itself doesn't break the game and I think we can all carry on playing with the same people we have been knowing that we are a pretty open and honest community. So I'd encourage everyone to keep playing the game, keep rooms public so that new people can enjoy racing the best pilots, and keep enjoying it.

Thanks
    SR