Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Glitch (used in my moa therma venom TT)

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Well that's not the reason really is it? Unless last night's convo was all smoke and mirrors.
    Either way, doesn't really matter.

New year, new drama, new stuff to get over. It'll pass. The people who truly love the game won't care whatever happens. It's not like we haven't dealt with other equally tedious things over the years. God knows I've complained about almost everything, still here though

@smad: Yeah I know it's a very different kettle o' fish, then again this can be done manually by anyone who knows about it. Point is, nobody knew about it except for 1, possibly 2 people. If the nose-down thing had been kept secret by one particular person, might have turned out a similar way once they'd been outed. Something like that. I'm rambling

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

DjM1zw1z has found a glitch on HD, ok not a big deal we know the game is glitched as hell (miss my HD without a patch), he is not the 1st one and won't be the last one for sure.
    Main problem is the day he discovered it and beat the WR by that much he should have told us how he did it, not necessary to replicate what he did but simply to clear our mind from suspicious(fart... ermm not this time) scores.

Remember the BSB? those who used it and those who didn't, I didn't but I accepted and respected the choice of those who used it : it was tricky to master and did implemented through the game by the devs so why not using it?

Remember good old days around 1997 when 2097/XL has been released ?
    Years after, I joined there, trust me, my start was pretty epic and i had to film my races to be trusted by everyone at the end (no online records checkin from the game at that time). I found a trick to gain speed in phantom by double tapping airbrakes on speed pads and also I was glitching through different part of the tracks without thinking I could hurt feelings of dedicated purists from Wipeout (because i was playing solo or ilink with a friend) it's only when i joined WZ I had to understand their point of view. We discussed a lot and they decided to make my scores valid.

Back to DjM1zw1z, i have nothing against you, just one major point : you should have tell us what you discovered before receiving all those hated mails and not thinking 1st to your ego being a record holder.

PSN ID
    R3BU5ER

Quote Originally Posted by DjM1zw1z View Post
    I got through to the next round in the WOHD Cup and Chaos80 said nothing about cheating.
    But you did have Ã* pretty conveniënt internet problem thingy didn't ya?

PSN ID
    M1zw1z

Dont you dare say that i stopped my ps3 because of that. I would never do that

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Well if I'm interpreting this correctly (Didn't see the original message) this can be used anywhere.
    Heh, +1 to the list of the ones already known I guess.
    The reaction you got was because in the past some people thought they could use the glitches to get world record but by hiding the fact that they cheated by slowing down before the finish line. They were exposed after someone else created an obviously fake account and glitched on the same tracks as that person did. With no explanation coming from you for a few days or perhaps the wrong explanation it was probably thought that it was another similar case again... But since it's not don't take it personal so much.
    I'm sure you are still welcome here...

Also this thread is not cached into Google by chance.

PSN ID
    R3BU5ER

I wasn't there mate, I just heard you had a lucky freeze is all

Btw I don't give a **** about glitched times, I only care for kickin ass online

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

You say "just Moa", don't take us for idiot like you are...
    You come with some incredible times and you want to learn us how to play !!!

Hey, some friends and me had big doubts with you since you showed up.

You used your glitch on Chenghou Project & Metropia, look below, and you used it on Sebenco, but with your incompetences in barrel rolls & lines, you was last. Without this cheat, you would have been 5 seconds behind everybody

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Phantom_89 View Post

Week 64 Results - CHENGHOU PROJECT (REVERSE)/VENOM/TRIAKIS:
    DjM1zw1z | 30.46 | FURY
    QjonPL | 31.14 | FURY
    leungbok | 31.27 | FURY
    MrPhlanj | 31.46 | FURY

5. Dark_Phantom_89 | 31.73 | FURY
    6. Jav | 31.76 | FURY
    7. guillaume | 31.82 | FURY
    8. Mietepiet | 31.83 | FURY
    9. F.E.I.S.A.R | 32.95 | FURY

Week 65 Results - METROPIA (REVERSE)/FLASH/ASSEGAI:
    yeldar2097 | 25.00 | FURY
    DjM1zw1z | 25.22 | FURY
    leungbok | 25.37 | FURY
    erich123 | 25.66 | FURY

5. Mietepiet | 25.73 | FURY
    6. Nutcase:259 | 25.74 | FURY
    7. Mr Phlanj | 25.86 | FURY
    8. Dark_Phantom_89 | 26.08 | FURY
    9. guillaume | 26.09 | FURY
    10. Challenger #001 | 27.06 | FURY

Week 66 Results - SEBENCO CLIMB (REVERSE)/VENOM/ICARAS (AMPLIFICATED'S CHOICE):
    leungbok | 29.31 | FURY
    Mietepiet | 29.40 | FURY
    MrPhlanj | 29.41 | FURY
    Jav | 29.78 | FURY

5. KGB1971 | 30.06 | FURY
    6. JaLK | 30.11 | FURY
    7. Dark_Phantom_89 | 30.13 | FURY
    8. DjM1zw1z | 30.31 | HD

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Wow! Missed the Cheat, Damn .

Are we saying he has cheated on line against Chaos then?

Can you tell that someone is doing it?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I strongly disapprove. It's pointless doing this and not telling anyone because then it's impossible to trust other records. It does you no favours at all. People here don't really consider age too much, and I think that's good, but if you do something daft then you won't get the same respect for a while. Folks will probably get over it as long as you're honest about everything from now on, but if anyone has doubts then the only way to prove it is to video it. Borrow a camera or use a laptop webcam. Modern technology means almost everyone has the ability to record somehow. Clear your name or don't, that's up to you.
    As for the bad press, well I'm afraid you just have to deal with that this time and learn the lesson for the future.

To be honest though, for all my disapproval, I am kind of surprised anyone really still checks the official boards. They're so screwed up.

People race venom?

so long as it only works on that speed class and nobody knows how to do it then i suppose were all safe?

How do people even find these things anyway???
    Last edited by Nutcase:259; 6th January 2011 at 06:30 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I always wonder how people figure out half the barrel rolls and stuff. I guess it only takes a bit of time and an idea.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Above all I believe in fairness and not cheating little ****ers, so I'll go out on a limb here and say that this result shouldn't stand.

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...postcount=1100

Not trying to start a witch hunt, but we just can't be sure. It looked suspect at the time and is even more so now.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by Nutcase:259 View Post
    How do people even find these things anyway???
    Like Saturn said, all it takes is an idea and some time. As long as you know how to mess with the physics engine of the game, you can find some stuff.
    Of course that's for the cheat shortcuts I found... I don't know about this one. Maybe some real determination to get nose down to work again.

there is a phantom and zone battle win on that list KGB so that would make it 2-2. suppose you'd have to check the race records, cause surly if the glitch was used that'd put him no:1 in the world for the 3 or 4 lap races (forgotten how many it is?)

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

Damn... im to late! i could of used it to beat zico!
    Theres no satisfaction in cheating, especially when you get found out

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

I only discovered this recently and i do have skill
    I have already discovered other unknown glitches on various tracks, but i never used it on my laps times. I have beated some world records by one second or more where i'm only on the low top 10 ATM and proud of this rank. Doing a WR the easy way is crap, and unfair, and it's also a game's killer. I can accept people with ego when they claims their WR. But those who hide their unfair methods just to be considerd as great pilots don't have my respect !

I Regret this but I wanted to show people who have been hate mailing me that i have guts to tell what happened and how.
    At least you have that for you.
    Last edited by leungbok; 6th January 2011 at 06:45 PM.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Can you not use this cheat at the lower speeds on Zone Battle. I don't know how it works so I'm not sure if it could be used. I still think he should be banned from the cup.

If he says he cheated on just one track but some respected people are saying he cheated on most of them, can we believe that he didn't cheat online.

perhaps ask chaos80. he was the only other there? surely you'd be able to tell if he finishes like 20/30 seconds faster or something?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Quote Originally Posted by KGB1971 View Post
    Can you not use this cheat at the lower speeds on Zone Battle. I don't know how it works so I'm not sure if it could be used. I still think he should be banned from the cup.

If he says he cheated on just one track but some respected people are saying he cheated on most of them, can we believe that he didn't cheat online.
    You can use it and hit more speed pads so boost before your opponents.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Caution: debate brewing on the horizon?

I have this question since I now know how to do this as well.

Considering that strafe jumping in Quake is an exploit of the game physics but is widely recognized as a valid technique... (At first it was a bug, just like this thing is)
    Considering that snaking in F-Zero is an exploit of the same kind and semi-recognized as a valid technique...
    Considering that running along walls in Source Engine games is an exploit of the same type as well (it makes you run faster than normal) and also recognized as a valid technique...

How do you feel about this technique in WipEout HD? (I can tell you it relies on controlling the ship a certain way just like in FZero, or your player character in Quake or Source Engine games; and not going through walls and such.)

I'm asking this question because I feel it could go either way. Since here is the main community for WipEout HD, I think it should decide as a whole how to treat it.

Please don't be aggressive toward people who don't have the same opinion as you. I should know, having been there and all. Don't do it.