Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout HD Tutor Lessons

PSN ID
    M1zw1z

Default Wipeout HD Tutor Lessons

I fcked up wipeout so forgot it
    Last edited by DjM1zw1z; 3rd April 2011 at 06:13 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Interesting concept

We had Elhabib's "WIPEOUT GHOST's . COM" where you could download a specific ghost that somebody has beaten or created a new world record for.

I used a GHOST that beat the ZICO time, it helped me do it by following it, if If I wasn't close I just reset the turbo boost to start before I hit the Start/Finish line.

You just downloaded the "Ghost"= Game Save Data, for any particular track, then load in over you own [save your's 1st to a different USB stick if you want to load it back over the imported ghost]

The only problem with following somebody elses Ghost is.
    If you beat your PB, it Get's you the Trophy but if you still don't beat the ghost's time, well then you are still racing somebody else

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Is this in addition to the video Tutorials? How will this work? Voice chat on HD is quite bad and you cannot PSN Voice chat and play at the same time.

PSN ID
    M1zw1z

Saying Use mic in game if its ok. Or use text chat for general tips. You can make videos if you want but its more 1 teaches 1

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Mm interesting idea.

Not sure if any one player has the right to think that they're that much better than anyone else though, regardless of speecd class.

Would probably work better to have some sort of Q&A type thing where people ask and people answer, not just one person in particular.

I've always said people can come to me if they think I may be able to help them, but requests are few and far between. Maybe would have been more back in the day when WOHD first came out, not so sure about now.

Seems like a nice idea in principle.

I'll be working on SL/TT technique type videos in the near future which might be of some help to people, and help me remember how to play when I'm de-rusting ^_^

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

The person doesn't have to be the best, just better to the extent they can offer advice on something. A step forward is good even if it doesn't suddenly make a person number one. They can always ask more people later.

I had some ideas about tutorial videos too, but my ideas were a bit too big I think. Would involve track mockups and stuff that would take ages to do. The best thing is probably for the topper most pilots to get together and discuss each corner, every sideshift, pad, barrel roll etc, of a track and then commit the explanation to a video of the best lap available. In the long run I think a joint effort would result in pushing times even faster, rather than one person going fast, thene eveyone copying them, then the new fastest being copied etc etc.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

A while back I was toying with the idea of a "basics" tutorial video for HD, just stuff like stat differences, use of airbrakes and sideshift, etc. If there's enough interest in it I'll give it a go.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    The best thing is probably for the topper most pilots to get together and discuss each corner, every sideshift, pad, barrel roll etc, of a track and then commit the explanation to a video of the best lap available. In the long run I think a joint effort would result in pushing times even faster, rather than one person going fast, thene eveyone copying them, then the new fastest being copied etc etc.
    You still have your YT group Sat ! You can add any of my vids you may want, if it helps !
    Also if you pay or threat him, Yeldar could accept to let you use his vids ! .
    Last edited by leungbok; 2nd January 2011 at 03:04 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I got a messages ages ago saying youtube were scrapping groups. It said there would be new group functionality. I was hoping for this as they completely screwed up groups after google took over, or at some point they became very unfriendly to use at least. Not heard anything about it though. The video social group here could be good but they're kind of out of the way and get forgotten.

PSN ID
    M1zw1z

Well this is for new pilots who are trolling behind who cant do much. Like i need help on phantom.

Payment sounds better to me (cash only)

I like the collab idea, sounds good

I might do a mock-up of one of the video type things I was thinking about. I'll see what people think and then go from there. In the same vain as Hellfire's lovely tutorials but more focused on squeezing the proverbials for more speed. SS locations, controller inputs, stuff like that. Very niche, but niche is chic, and chic is cool

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by DjM1zw1z View Post
    If anyone volunteers for this they will be assigned to a speed class they will teach.
    Can you share a moa therma venom tt video ?

@Sat Oh !!

at every "improvement", youtube = :-

PSN ID
    M1zw1z

@leungbok Sorry, Unable to make videos lately due to no space to record, My ps3 is in my room and i sit on my bed.

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

Im not sure videos help...
    Im trying to beat Zico and i have seen all the videos of were people do the barrel rolls but i cant seem to do the one were you BR up onto the high ledge on the home straight!!! im 1sec behind zico, that 1 barrel roll is all i need!!
    i dont think you need someone for each speed class.. someone who is good at phantom would be the best bet to teach venom because they no all the lines and BR spots. you would learn a different technique or route with each speed class. confusing. but i need teaching in all...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

@megageeza
    the easy way, curtesy of Yeldar

or if BR's are too hard you could always try the Phaeton_PL way (lol)

there are a lot of vids out nowadays, I found a lot of them very helpful although a lot these days are ridiculous.
    Last edited by amplificated; 2nd January 2011 at 06:44 PM.

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

Cheers amplificated, yeldar makes it look easy! il have a try later and hopefully il eat my words!
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGeeza22 View Post
    Im not sure videos help...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I agree that videos are sometimes hard to understand, or at least it's difficult to see where the time is hidden just by watching. What people don't realise, and what I have only recently begun to realise and consider, is just how much time you can gain by doing something slightly differently. For example, a sideshift around the first corner and an airbrake around the second can lose you a lot of time compared to airbrake around one and SS around the other. Or another example would be going around a corner nicely and really agressively sticking to the very inside of the corner, which can also make a big difference. It's really quite crazy how much time you can gain when these kinds of things add up. Once you get a feel for it one one or two tracks it's easier to start experimenting. I wish I'd realised this earlier. It's the kind of thing that really needs to be expressed in words or diagrams accompanying a video. I was thinking of track plans where the corners can be numbered, or perhaps even named, and every pilot can put their method on them, i.e. annotate them saying "sideshift here", "airbrake here", "nose up and BR here", "stay very close to the corner here", "avoid bouncing when you land here". These are the things I feel will make the difference once people have a solid basis. Then someone could make a video of what is deemed to be the best method with half the screen showing the shop going round and half showing the track plan, or something. The only problem with this is the amount of time and effort it would take I guess.

Anyway, that's a total thread semi-hijack, so I apologise. I think the original idea of this is quite good. It could even be a PS3 chatroom where people can log in when they are playing and give help spontaneously to anyone who joins to ask...maybe.

Just throwing ideas out there.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FlintFandango or RennFlint or Flint Fandango (PS4)

That´s a very good idea, DjM1zw1z!
    I´ve spoken recently with ACE-FLO via Messenger, and his suggestions were very helpful! To put the airbrakes level on 50% worked well!
    I have also experimented with other ships, and found out, that some attributes have fit better with my racing style. This has brought me more success at the races and a better feeling in the end.
    Although I really love Icaras, I think that her characteristics are not advantageously for me, so I'm thinking about switching to another team.

Free advise for everyone

Wait did I say free?

Sat's totally right about the little things making a big difference.
    Who knows whether it's faster to SS on the first speedpad on Metropia, or whether it's faster to SS on the second pad. Hmm? Does it change from SL to TT? Is one more risky than the other? Makes all the difference knowing these things
    Last edited by yeldar2097; 3rd January 2011 at 12:33 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Rennfisch / dieBeulenpest

A PS3 chatroom may be a very good idea!

I'm a very weak pilot. I'm very grateful about every help I get. It's easier for me to follow many little tips I get immediately than watching a video and try to repeat. If it's possible to explain per headset during the race, it could be better than explain it at the end of the race when I couldn't remember what I've done.
    Last edited by Rennfisch; 3rd January 2011 at 02:01 PM.