Thread: PS3 Wipeout HD XMB Preview?

Default PS3 Wipeout HD XMB Preview?

Hi,

I just recieved a PS3 for xmas and have since downloaded WHD/Fury pack and noticed that Wipeout is the only game not to have XMB preview music. Is that correct?

All my other downloaded games like Lemmings etc have both music and video samples, all my blu ray disc movies and games work correctly and all games show full dolby digital soundwhen playing.

XMB has menu sounds, plays my own music ok. All settings are default, firmware and patches are up to date?

Is that normal? The only other discrepency i have with sound is that vidzone sounds as loud as hell and is distorted?

My connection is PS3 -> HDMI -> TV -> Optical -> AV Amp

MY XBOX 360 and dvd player are hooked up the same and they have no issues with this set up?

Any ideas why WipeOut has no preview sound or is that supposed to be the case... in which case my first post is a complete and utter face plant

Thanks in advance

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Supposed to be the case, nothing to worry about. Struck me as odd at first given all my other games had preview music...

WipEout HD does the talking in the game itself, that's what I say!

Welcome to the forum

What a total dick 'ed i am

I did search online but found nothing regarding wipeouts xmb sound preview... I thought i had some weird fault with my new stuff.

Thanks for clearing that up though, very much appreciated, now i can stop fiddeling with wires and get back to playing...

ps.
    I have no idea how some of you guys hit zone 100 best i can do is 24 lol any tips are most welcome.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Lulz, not to worry. I think you're probably just the first person to pause for thought or admiration of the XMB preview, whereas the rest of us just mash the X button trying to launch the game as quickly as possible.

Lol, I agree with saturn! I got a ps3 this christmas too and downloaded HD. I immediately started a race in phantom! lol Little did I know that the HD controls are a bit different from those of WO3!

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    whereas the rest of us just mash the X button trying to launch the game as quickly as possible.
    i wish i had the disc so i could auto-play the game on start up

and welcome to the zone mirage and dont worry about the zone thing. loads of on here are still trying to get that 1 extra zone past are personal best we set months ago........DAMN YOU ZONE 65!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Javariko

Zone? Practice, practice, practice, practice.

Did I mention you should practice?

PSN ID
    M1zw1z

Dont think you did mention it Jav
    And i do see what you mean, I dont think uncharted 2 has it? Im not sure, ill check it out

PSN ID
    infoxicated

XMB preview music (now that we have a term for it!) is one of my pet hates - especially since there's no agreed standard for the volume of it. I really hate the sudden burst of noise you get as you scroll through the icons - it's totally unnecessary.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Agreed, Rob.

As WipEout HD was the first game I had installed on my PS3, it was rather annoying to hear music playing when I installed another game.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Fatal Inertia Ex doesn't have it either xD

I totally agree though. I mean I don't actually mind it that much, but the levels on different games are ridiculous. Snakeball in particular is SO loud, nearly killed my speakers with it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Other games don't have it, I think the PS1 emulated games, maybe MK2 too.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I miss the original HD XMB preview. I actually think it looked better than the black and red Fury preview.