Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fan Fiction Discussion

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    MetaKraken (formerly MechaKraken)

Man, I gotta create my own team profiles someday (but on the Wipeout Future boards) .

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID

One word: Awesome!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

I'l fix the posts and remove this thread when I get back from the choir trip.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID

I could create my own blogspot account, but mine's written in Spanish and it doesn't have English language .

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Well if everyone did it on their own blogspot account then this whole separate forum idea would be a bit pointless wouldn't it?

Now that this additional forum has been opened, it would be nice to be able to keep it going. I agree with others, and don't see any real problems with having the critique in the original thread. If anyone is unsatisfied and want to revise their writing then they can just use the edit button. If it's a complete rework then I guess they can make a new thread and close the original.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Exactly my feelings on the matter. If this forum is to continue it has to add value to the site in terms of content. If it's just a link farm then it's not adding value.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID

So true, you two. Though my first fanon team was... embarrasing . I'll have to rename it with a better and creative one and get some tips.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TwitchySpitfire

Removing the commented and critiquing posts, that belong to the actual thread that it's based on contextually, removes the value of that piece all together.

This is not what Challenger wanted to see (as it was originally assorted under the Pilots Lounge) and neither did I; rather, this thread seems to have zero contextual meaning.

I would like to mention that this thread is a good idea, but this should be intended for a "general" discussion rather than specific (thus we have specific and contextual posts that have zero meaning here) where someone may ask a generalized question about their fiction and RPG ideas.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

I've tried my best to move the posts back to where they are supposed to be. If I've made any mistake,which there should be,please PM me with the post link and the thread it should go to.
    And Challenger,I'm sorry. Can you move your posts back here(or at least edit the posts by copying and pasting from that blog)?

Fine, I'll put the profiles back. But next time, ask before doing something, FEISAR. Honestly, I'm not sure why the regular moderators couldn't just have been mods for this forum and they had to appoint new ones without much experience.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

I was just appointed local mod.I cannot change anything other than here.And I've not really done much on the other forum I was RP&Fan Fic mod of.
    Should have done a poll first...
    And I'm serious about the emoticons above.
    Anyone up for this thread to be converted to some fan fiction ideas thread or help thread?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by Challenger #001 View Post
    Fine, I'll put the profiles back. But next time, ask before doing something, FEISAR. Honestly, I'm not sure why the regular moderators couldn't just have been mods for this forum and they had to appoint new ones without much experience.
    Because these guys volunteered to run the Fan Fiction/RPG forum - something the regular mods don't have time to do.

Maybe in future you can show a little patience instead of throwing a strop when things don't go as you expect them to. Ultimately you're getting somewhere to publish your stuff for consumption by a ready made audience.

Piranha Profile is up... at last.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID

And another fantastic profile you have posted, my friend.

Given all the profiles a little update - added Team Principals and Slogans for reference if need be. The FEISAR profile will be up very soon as well and that'll be in the same format.

PSN ID
    dartman47

Oh wow, WipEout roleplay! Sounds brilliant, guys!

Just on a discussive note, do we post seperate characters in each OOC thread, and more importantly, when will the IC threads be opened?

(PS - I like roleplaying a lot, I'm also an ameatur writer, which helps - sorry if this is viewed as boasting on my part.)

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID

If there is more than one character created by the same user, then yes. Plus, the real Wipeout RP will come out soon as soon as the JX teams is full.

Not all the teams, Kraken. I'm kind of looking for a minimum of six players really. But given that we're not actually racing yet, anyone's free to continue on from my opening post with their pilot of choice.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID

Good point then, Challenger.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Rob, do you still have access the offical backstories? It’s probably a good resource for fictional stories and of course a good read on its own.
    I can deliver extended Team Profiles for WipEout Fusion (also the team sites from the WipEout Fusion website). But there was backstory about the fall of Icaras and such on the WipEout Fusion website, too, which seems to be lost now.
    Besides the fall of the F9000 league available on the mainsite I haven’t found much info except for the official websites (though the Pulse info texts are rather short and not as complex as Pure’s – and HD does not even have any backstory at all apart from the ship-model-names).