Thread: Best 40" + full HD for Wipeout?

Default Best 40" + full HD for Wipeout?

Hello all,

Appologies if this is the wrong forum section to ask this on.

Its been some time since ive visited these forums but its nice to be back reading about wipeout. I finally, and yes i know its a lil late, got myself a ps3 and of course the first game i dl'd was wipeout hd and fury.

My question is, and forgive me if this has been asked prior (perhaps i did not search hard enough), what is the best 40 inch tv or greater for playing wipeout hd. Im looking for something with as close to zero input lag as you can get and it seems the latest 100hz lcd tvs are crap for high speed gaming.

What tvs do you all play on and how do they fare?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

I can tell you that with my Panasonic VIERA TCP46G10 (G-series), i got flawless gaming for most games i own, including WOHD. I bought for about 2000$ last year, and i never regretted it. At the time, Panasonic was out of stock, they couldn't handle the demand since its an awesome TV. I was the lucky one to buy the remaining one at the store. The 46" model like me doesn't exists it seems, but here the new ones.

https://panasonic.ca/english/audiovi...?tv=G%20series

Its the Canadian Panasonic site, but surely there's links for you.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

The best 40" LCD, huh?

Sony make the best quality consumer LCD's. Go for one of their top end models, as their new low end are basically as good as an average Samsung.

I do think asking this question on an AV forum would be both more appropriate and more helpful for you - I'm willing to bet most people here at wozone are here because we like the games, and aren't likely to have in-depth knowledge of TV's.

Personally, I have a >4 year old Sony Bravia LCD, it's good. If you don't want to spend the money a top end Sony costs, the low end models or an LCD TV from any reputable brand will be just fine for gaming as long as you disable motionflow/100hz.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

I wonder how you can actually get 100mhz when even at 1080p on the current living room TV I only get max 60mhz...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ONlocke

Quote Originally Posted by F.E.I.S.A.R View Post
    I wonder how you can actually get 100mhz when even at 1080p on the current living room TV I only get max 60mhz...
    That's true.. But while the extra 40hz isn't really used, they give a more smooth picture.. At least that's what they want us to think. I haven't had a chance to compare a 60hz screen to a 100hz one, so I can't confirm if it's true.

Back on topic:

People on here as earlier stated doesn't have all that much TV knowledge. Me neither. What usually happens is that if people are happy their own TV, they will most likely recommend that one. I think you need to hear what people say here, then check out the models and compare: what you like and what you don't like about them.

I believe as long as you go for either Samsung, Sony or Panasonic you will be a happy wiper.

My telly(wang):

TV: A Sony Bravia 52" KDL52W5500
    Sound: A Sony HTP-BD36SF 1000watt 5.1 surround sound system
    Console: A Sony Playstation 3 500gb hybrid disk.

50 inch samsung lcd which is backlit..not those new samsungs they are saying are the same but cost half the amount, these are total crap.should cost about $2000 if its a $1000 its the eco friendly low performance version without decent backlighting and half the plug holes missing

panasonic plasma 50 inch viera is average picture and colours are lousy in comparrison samsung wins in real life though it may lose on paper where it dont count.

ive got both used both i dont read the tech jargon it means nothing to me i judge from experience
    samsung is so good i use it as a monitor for pc.

ive had sony.there ok but expensive.best thing about sony tv's is they tend to be well built and last.i had triniton when i was baby and it seemed to last for ever.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

You can buy the 200hz models and turn the up-scaling off while playing games.
    It's only of any real use when watching sport.

Most manufacturers are producing 3D capable sets now days and phasing out the older, none 3D sets in their line up as it's pointless producing both.

Again, you can turn the 3D processing on or off, but as wipeout HD and quite a few other games are in 3D now, why not opt for one of new 3D sets?
    They are equivalent in price to what a same sized 2D set was 2 years ago.

yes ..wiggle is so right..i would have said so myself if i was smart.dont stick to yestaday technology..get a 3d tv..go treat yourself

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I'll put in a vote for Sharp Aquos. They have incredible response time. I have LC32D64U, it has a response time of 6ms. They are down to 4ms now for their new series with the Quattron technology.
    In comparison Sony and Samsung are too shy and do not display the response time of their sets on their Canadian websites.
    You can ask AGWolf about response times of TV sets, because if you are as maniac as him you will end up with a Sharp Aquos (After trying a Sony and a Samsung.)

EDIT: Or was it just a Samsung, I can't remember entirely.
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 23rd November 2010 at 07:00 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Guess what,the TV model in the living room at my home is a Sharp Aquos.
    And because I wanted to be boring,I measured the display,which is the part used to show the game.Guess what? It's a 40 inch!