Thread: Rules for Role-Play

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Default Rules for Role-Play

Welcome to the Fan-Fiction and Role-Play Section!
    This section deals with the Role-Play part of this section

Welcome to the role-play(RP)section of WipEoutZone Forum(s)!
    Basically,a Role-Play is when you assume a role of a character,be it Original or from the video game itself.

[Possible scenarios]
    Possible Scenario 1a:All RPs are set after each respective video game to make things canon. As such,the video game characters from that respective video game will make appearances.

Possible Scenario 1b:The RP is set in one big universe and the video game characters will make an appearance.

Possible Scenario 2:Some RPs are set in an Alternate Universe,so you may be original here.And by Original,I mean you can throw in non-WipEout elements like say,Call of Duty:Black Ops Zombies(just an example.)

When Posting:
    -Make sure you are posting in the right RP.Posting in the wrong RP will cause confusion as there will be continuity errors.
    Example: I want to post in the RPing thread for say,FX-600 but I misclicked and entered the RPing thread for F-8000. If I have posted there it'll ruin the continuity of RP in that thread. So checking the thread to post in is a must!

-Be respectful.Don't call others names except those they said you could call them by.

-Post should stay within the boundaries of the thread's topic.Make it have some connection.When you are with other characters,they must be the same unless you meet up with other characters or they leave to go somewhere else. Do not just post randomly.

-NO PUSHING for your pairing(Applies in WipEout 1 and Fusion RPs,if any).You can have slight parings here and there,but making it fixed is out of bounds and is not allowed.

-Post can be either in first or third person.

-Post can be in script form or paragraph form(like Fan Fiction)

-No vulgarities/cussing.

-Only the thread/Role-Play starter can start the Role-Play

-NO godmodding/controlling (the characters of)others.To "godmod" means to control characters other than your own.So this rule means that you can only control your own character(unless the LAST rule is applied.Even if it is,it most likely will be the RP starter that will be 'godmodding')

Characters:
    -You must have a name for your character.The name of the character need not be your name.

-You may have a ship from a team in the WipEout Series.For example,you can use a FEISAR ship,but this is subject to RP-Starter.

-Try to have as much background info as possible.

-If age has to be mentioned,use your real age if you are Role-playing as yourself.This does not apply if you are not RPing as yourself.

-Character cannot be a sibling of a character in the Video game(WipEout,WipEout Fusion) for continuity reasons.

-Character can belong to a team,be it orginal or canon(except the Original WipEout and Fusion).*Subject to RP starter,see the rule below.

-RP starter must specify if Original Teams are allowed or not allowed.If allowed,teams can be created.If so,please provide background info of the team!

Races:
    -Try to be as dramatic as possible(no exaggeration).

-No unrealistic Races(A ship with Venom engine beating a ship with a Phantom engine).

-Races can be done a few ways:
    1:RPs are large fan-fics written by a number of people.RPers can host a race between other RPers on PSN.After the race is done,write about it.
    2:Negotiations
    3: Patterns like person 1 win,then person 3,person 2,person 4,and the cycle repeats.

Making the RP tread:
    -when you make your RP thread, be sure to make one thread for character sign-ups and discussions, and one for the RP itself.

Those are the rules if it isn't said otherwise.

I'll update the rules accordingly as the section gets busier.
    Last edited by F.E.I.S.A.R; 22nd November 2010 at 03:43 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    MetaKraken (formerly MechaKraken)

Excellent details !

Default Potential RP Idea.

Well I've been a bit busy of late, but as I've told F.E.I.S.A.R. over Private messages, I've been working on a possible RP for everyone that would allow people to RP in the WipEout universe without disturbing too much canon. It's a rough idea at the moment, but here's what I've drawn up:

---

To: All Personnel of the AntiGravity Race Comission – Alpha to Gamma Clearance
    CC: All Team Personnel with Alpha-level Clearance
    Subject: JX350

My fellow colleagues and associates.

My congratulations once again go out to all of you for helping the opening ceremony of the FX500 league at Talon’s Junction go ahead without a hitch. Aside from one or two of our number who couldn’t hold their drink, the affair was civil and polite and our sponsors enjoyed it immensely. My congratulations to you all.

While my colleagues are busy with the organisation of the fascinating new season of FX500, I would request that your attention remain somewhat on the past, in particular the successful FX200 and FX250 seasons in which Auricom and AG-Systems claimed world championships.

As it is well known, the FX200 and FX250 ships that were used in that season have been used to train new pilots in the JX200 for several years now, from the initial opening ceremony of FX300 to now, producing such talented pilots as Gabrielle Zuzovnitch, Tara Shannon, Morgan Victius, Park-So-Gun and most recently Ishak Bin Yusof.

But their ships are old now, and safety standards must be maintained. Thus it is that with the close of the FX400, I am proud to announce the beginning of the Junior FX350 league, or JX350 as it will be known for short. It will be the FX350 league again, though the competitors will be of lower skill – this is to earn their place in the major leagues, to take over as new pilots when the established teams re-shuffle.

Bin Yusof took the championship for Harimau Cadets last year ahead of Van-Uber's De Gautet, and Harimau International have pledged to run three ships in this year’s tournament, all of which are genuine ships raced in the FX350 league. All existing teams in the FX500 league are entering in different strengths, with other teams and privateers entering for the remaining spots. I have included a list of the teams and spaces available – please reply as soon as you can if you know any teams willing to fill the final spaces, and any pilot applications. Remember, we need a full 36 pilots for the season.

Harimau Cadets:
    1]
    2]
    3]

Van-Uber Racing:
    4] Mercutian De Gautet () (Challenger #001)
    5]
    6]
    7]

FEISAR Study:
    8]
    9]
    10]

MAGEC (Mirage Junior Squad):
    11]
    12]
    13] Marek Al-Khal'ed () (MetaKraken)

Xios (EG-X Junior Squad):
    14] Lucas Watt () (DialgiX)
    15]

‘Boot Camp’ (Triakis Junior Squad):
    16] Adrianna Zachowitz () (MetaKraken)

Friends in Speed (AG-Systems Junior Squad):
    17]
    18]

(Privateer):
    19]

Auricom Academy:
    20]
    21]

‘The Young Cubs’ (Assegai Junior Squad):
    22]
    23]

(Privateer):
    24]
    25]

Quantax Dynamics (Qirex Junior Squad):
    26]

(Privateer):
    27]
    28]

Amazon Fury (Unofficial Piranha Junior Squad):
    29]

(Privateer):
    30]
    31]

Horus Rising (Icaras Junior Squad):
    32]

Goteki 35 (Goteki 45 Junior Squad):
    33]
    34]
    35]

Tigron (Privateer):
    36]

---

The idea is that you can choose a team to fly for, and when you're online playing against other RP-ers, you'd use that ship in either Pure or HD, alternatively outside of races, you simply post here. There will be a seperate thread for characters and teams, if you have your own you'd like to play as to replace one of the Privateers.

I've chosen to play as De Gautet for Van-Uber, which admittedly limits me if my version of Pure doesn't work... but if people are willing to accept a replacement for playing me online on HD, I have no worries about that. Because FX300 and 350 ships are being used, that's HD craft only, no Furies.

I'll add a track list if there's further information, as well as how the race weekend will go.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by MetaKraken; 1st January 2011 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Added a pilot DialgiX made up (and also added another pilot of my own, if that's okay)

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    MetaKraken (formerly MechaKraken)

I'm giving this a thumbs up, even though I have RP'd before but never tried it in the forums before.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

As of now,I'm thinking about going to FEISAR Study,but I'm thinking about Harimau Cadets due to my geographical location.
    Van-Uber and Tigron as teams only in the side leagues? Which version will be used for the races? PurE? I don't think it is a good idea to use PurE for the races due to the different Versions in versions. My UMD has the number 3 on it and I think it's a bad thing. Any ships with similar stats to Van-Uber and Tigron if it was included in PulsE,HD and Fury? And Xios managing the Youth Team is quite an Idea.I would not trust EG-R to do it,though.
    Any age restrictions for the pilots in the JX-350? And I suppose that the places are not restircted to the current numbering as some have more and some have less?
    As per guidelines above,there are ways to settle posts that have races.One is the arrangement of playing against players role-playing as their characters.Then writing about the race with what happened during the race and how it ended.The second way is a cycle,where one team(example:MAGEC) wins a race,the next race is won by another team(example:FEISAR Study).After the last team gets a win,the cycle repeats.The third way, negotiation, is quite similar to the second way,but is quite random. A team wins,then a second team wins,the the first team may win again,and so forth.
    Anyone for a General RP Discussion thread?Other than the Signup thread which is also used for RP Discussion,perhaps here RPers can throw in ideas to make the RP better and stuff.

If we're all doing it in HD, I guess you could probably use another ship to represent. Tigron could be Triakis, Van-Uber could be Assegai. If you make a custom team, you have to state which chassis represents it.

And not too keen on the rotation - nice to keep it either random or in game. Maybe in home meetings the 'think of a number' thing would work.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

I think most here have HD since it is the most played. PulsE does not seem like an option because to get all 12 teams you need the expansion packs which are only available in Europe(No Export for You trope).And since we ARE talikng about the former FX-350 class(now the JX-350),may as well use HD. I'm fine with using other ships to represent teams not in the game,as long as they are similar stats wise. Maybe in-game races could be used.
    Home meetings-region restricted or not? Because if it is,bad luck to me.
    May I move the posts from Potential RP Idea onwards to a seperate thread?