Thread: Tracks Needs Unlocking?

Default Tracks Needs Unlocking?

Hi All,

This is a very quick question needing a quick answer. I've just started playing Wipeout HD Fury, and noticed that all 12 tracks, excluding the 4 zone tracks, are already playable in racebox. Does this mean it isn't necessary to unlock any tracks for this game? Was this the case for Wipeout HD without the Fury expansion?

Thanks,

ermmm if someone has unlocked them on your ps3 already they stay unlocked even if you use a new profile...

i take it these 12 tracks can be done in reverse if not u gotta unlock them

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

No tracks need unlocking matey!

Quote Originally Posted by UB3R~JKP View Post
    No tracks need unlocking matey!
    Sorry but was that "No tracks need unlocking matey" or "no, tracks need unlocking matey"?

If you mean the latter then this is strange. I definitely have not played all 12 tracks in campaign mode, so unless you can unlock all 12 tracks using points alone, i don't see how i could have done it. Besides i don't even have that many points. I have not even completed the Warp campaign!

I just assumed that racebox had all 12 tracks playable so that they can be played with two players. You sure you guys are not talking about the PSN version as opposed to the disc version which is what i have?

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

whoops XD, Sorry man, I meant they call come unlocked

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

All forward tracks are available to be played in Racebox from the very start, it's been a long time since I first played HD for the first time, but I think it is the Reverse Tracks that might slowly be unlocked as you progress through Campaign.
    I'm not sure as I've forgotten if this was/is the case or if it was changed with a game update.
    Campaign is designed to get your skills better by slowly introducing you to new tracks & speed classes.

It get's you to learn the tracks [The most important thing needed in any Wipeout game] by setting you Time trial & Speed Lap challenges, again in different Speed Classes and at Novice, Skilled and Elite skill levels.

With your ultimate aim being Gold in every cell of all Campaigns at Elite level in TT & SL, and against the Elite AI in single races & Tournaments [Not easy]

Your other Racebox challenge is to be 1st on all tracks, forward & reverse against the Elite AI, for the Arcade Perfect trophy, again, not easy.

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

You got it partially right Blackwiggle. If I remember right, Metropia, Sebenco, Ubermall, and Sol 2 were locked until you finished the middle grids. Difficulty didn't matter. It also unlocked the reverse for each track.

After Fury, I think it was said somewhere that all tracks were unlocked from the start. So a player could get right to the "meat" of the game.

PSN ID
    pufleuk

yep in hd all you can unlock is ship skins and the wipeout 3 and xl huds

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Things that I remember:
    When I got HD(just HD),Icaras,Auricom,Mirage and Harimau(?) were locked.
    Metropia,Sol 2,Ubermall(?) were also locked.After I got the Fury expansion,the above were unlocked.
    And maybe one thing to note:The HD Campaign had NO reverse track AT ALL.ALL HD Campaign tracks were on Forward direction tracks.And 2097 and 3 HUDs had to be unlocked,along with the various skins.