Thread: USB freezing WHD?

Default USB freezing WHD?

I keep getting this.
    everytime i try to start up wipeout hd whilst my mp3 is plugged in to the USB it freezes and wont start up?? happens occasionally with other things i.e controller charge
    anyone else come across this? it only happens with wipeout? ( PSN version)

if you plug controllers in after starting up the game, pressing the buttons occasionally causes the controller to turn off, (which is ever so slightly annoying in zone mode)

?
    ( i know simply not using the usb whilst playing is the easiest solution but i wanna know if it happens to anyone else, plus im **** like that )

many thanks if you can help me out
    Last edited by Nutcase:259; 2nd October 2010 at 04:42 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I would say that your USB cable is messed up if the controller turns off but reconnects later on it's own. Change USB cable.

when it turns off it turns off until you press the PS button. it doesnt reconnect.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I haven't had this specifically in WipEout HD, but I have had it occasionally with controller randomly disconnecting before. Sometimes the PS3 can seem to struggle with synchronizing the controller too. Are you using a USB hub? If so, have you tried without it? Is it possible the PS3 or a hub wouldn't be able to supply the power for multiple items at once, causing them to cut out intermittently?

no im just using the 2 standard ps3 ports

maybe if i try the other port perhaps?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The last system update was security one, it was specifically to disable the Jailbreak USB dongle that could override the PS3's security and allow games to be copied.

Since the update people have been reporting that none Sony controllers now no longer work, and that some USB converter cables that allowed old Sony PS2 controllers to be used with the PS3 suffered the same fate.
    Worse news is that some USB HD's that people have been using to back up the PS3's now no longer work either.

You could try another USB cable, but I couldn't tell you it would work for sure as it's totally up to the new system software to decide what works and what doesn't.