Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wipeout HD Cup

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

How can I say no to this, I've missed every single other WO event entirely - it's about time I jumped in! I definitely want to be a part of a good WO competition, so I can't imagine being left out of this should it go ahead - count me in

I guess I'll have to find time to dust off my wipeout skills

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ONlocke

Sure kanar.. I'm ready for a real spamfest.

Just say who and when.

Doesn't anyone here have some experience with setting up a webpage for this kind of thing. And make it real professional and good lookin'? There you could get direct access to match reports, pictures and videos from the different rounds, for the people that care to film the races, etc.

I would do it! But, I don't really have what it takes.

PSN ID
    gordo31874

Kanar,
    I'm in. Defo. Really enjoyed the build up to the Avalon cup, and looking to get further than my mighty 1rnd exit!

See you out there

Oh, and can we do the draw in the wipEout museum again? LMAO with loads of dudes standing around in panda heads!
    Last edited by gordo1974; 21st September 2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: more to say

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

Hi Kanar

I'd love to take part in this. Feel bad for missing out on the Avalon Cup but would love to be in this one.

Cheers

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Superb, thanks a lot for signing guys!!! subscription rate is already nice, and we don't even started the spamfest yet eh eh.

ONlock I totally agree, a professional look like dedicated website, hd teasers and so on would be something awesome... But sadly I don't have what it takes too. But, a wipeout HD cup organised by WipeoutZone still makes sense , so I'm sure we can coordinate everything well here, giving a maximum of infos and useful links. We have already two motherbases, here & wipeoutarena.net; we still have lots of time to develop everything the best way anyway.

The psn Ids database should be ready by the end of the week, so the spamfest should begin shortly . We'll try to write a simple, global psn message advertising the cup & redirecting here or at WA. In english though, that's why I mentioned before it would be awesome to have a short resume of the cup stuffs in different languages (most wanted translations would be japanese, Italian, Spanish and German). After this global psn advertising, I'll do my best to shoot crappy teasers soon. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME if some of you guys could shoot some wipeout hd teasers advertising this wipeout HD cup/wipeoutZone cup. Youtube is a fantastic way to spread the info too. Arhhh. I should go to work now gah. . Oh one last thing, R3BU5ER joined us at the "community manager" thing. Thanks a lot mate, and don't worry, I'm not going to break your ***** guys all days long ah ah
    Quote Originally Posted by gordo1974 View Post
    Oh, and can we do the draw in the wipEout museum again? LMAO with loads of dudes standing around in panda heads!
    LOL yes, that was so funny. For sure we'll do that again eh eh
    ACTUAL SITUATION :
    -Gathering pilots here & at WipeoutArena
    -PSN IDs data processing, before a major psn spamming (1st wave of advertisement, in the core of the system)
    -Reflexion on a short, simple & attractive psn text message in english to advertise the cup (we should work on those themes like "for the record", "major wipeout event", "wipeoutZone official cup", "Who can compete with WZ?lol" and so on...)

---------
    The Wipeout HD cup Project
    "For the record"
    ALL INFOS/RESERVATIONS HERE
    Last edited by kanar; 22nd September 2010 at 08:37 AM.

PSN ID
    R3BU5ER

Cool

Ah that's cool Kanar, really handling this very proffessionally I'll be glad to help out. Just Give me the orders sir! :d

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

aaaargh just signed Leungbok. Did all my best to convince Pirahpac too lol, but that was a lil bit harder... I'm putting him in the pending list . I've opened the wipeout cup command center btw, it's a moderated social group, that could permit us to coordinate our promo campaigns. So if you want to help us guys (pics, vids, webmasters, cheerleaders...), this is the place to go : CommandCenter

Nutcase & novide already did some awesome job, thanks a lot guys, really good to have you in the team.

"For the record"

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ONlocke

Why do they find it so hard? It's not like it's a big obligation.

Play WipEout HD for 30 minutes every other week.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    IoannisVita

hey kanar
    you just found an easy opponent for anyone to pass to the next round!
    you know that i'm not a fan of 1vs1 races but i'll sign to this even if i'll be rusty thx to GT5...

btw, the logo is amazing, well done novide!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

oh no no no, you're certainly not an easy target Dream! Welcome here my friend. Just got a text message, and...

A-SAY-YEAH . Living legend signing in. You're supporting me once again on this one Arnaud, I've no words for that. Oh btw, the command center is now full of wipeout ninjas, we're preparing all together a nice strategy to make that cup the biggest wipeout online event ever .

PSN ID
    stin_wz

KANAR!!!!, I will kick your effing arse!!!!

I`m in, if you know what I`m mean?!!!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Costed me a trip to Scotland to convince this old fart Stevie is
    Actually it's a great deal

This weekend i will speak with my hands and body to convince Italian strong team to be in ( reading their mind by distance they will be in for sure)

Taking part with Al's negcon maybe a challenge ( for those who laid their hands on it during last weekend) but count me in with it !

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    icarasDragon

Warm up My Goteki45 Fury and my Assegai Fury, i'm getting into this cup!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Yay DialgiX! thanks for joining mate!Everything's running smoothly so far, the command center is working hard on lots of stuffs. Promo pics, psn spamfest common message, multi translations, teasers, tune selections
    We're also working hard to get all the legends involved into this story. Still a long way to the first round eh eh, but I'm feeling real good vibes these past few days... Yes we can organize & handle that . Stay tuned for more infos soon!

And keep subscribing; " Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno"

ACTUAL SITUATION :

STEP 1
    -Working on the pic promo campaigns
    -Working on the teaser promo campaigns
    -Working on the rules translations
    -Working on the PSN ID database to spam
    -Working on the short PSN text message to send
    -Lobbying efforts to sign the legendary pilots and casual HD players around WZ

"For the record"
    Last edited by kanar; 23rd September 2010 at 11:06 AM.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

ambitious....

... i like it!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

ambitious, yes, and crazy too. We're growing up days after days, and that's sooo awesome. Would like to thank all the good will who joined the command center already; you guys are doing such a great job!

ACTUAL STATUS :
    -lots of new reservations, and the pending members are almost convinced to join in the end
    -Rules translation work has begun (German)
    -Teasers are on their way
    -promo pics are already freakin awesome
    -We're thinking about a website dedicated to this cup, for quick links to reports/vids and so on
    -we're thinking about a twitter account & a facebook group
    -we're about to launch our first massive psn advertisement (psn database fixed)
    Lots of stuffs in our minds eh eh. All for the zone!

oh, we DEFINITELY needs someone who's speaking Japanese.

The Wipeout HD cup
    "For the record"
    Last edited by kanar; 24th September 2010 at 10:31 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

ok just a quick update on the "road to the hd cup";

-I've fixed the name of the cup, for a much larger audience. Our forum names will appear in the teasers though .
    -We're finally about to launch the psn advertisement, default pm is ready, ONlock, R3BU5ER & me are ready to spam the network.
    -Rules translations are on their way (should be available shortly)
    -Novide did an awesome job so far, providing awesome logos & animations.
    -Nutcase provided us awesome pics so far, exacly what we needed for the spam message eh eh
    -We're now 20(!!!) at the command center, all working together to make the best wipeout hd event ever. JJPAP even opened a café in the social group ah ah, awesome.

Last but not least, just have a look at the line up already !!!
    I really would like to thank all the pilots who reserved their slots for December already. This is for real guys, all thanks to you. Such a legendary line up, for the record.

We're waiting for you all now guys. (and I'll offer you a drink for the drawing lots ceremony at the wipeout museum - playstation home)

The Wipeout HD cup
    "For the record"
    Last edited by kanar; 25th September 2010 at 05:15 PM.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

I've just been looking/snooping in the Command center and the pictures look great, didn't read the much of the threads but are you planning on releasing some of these as wallpapers as they would look great and I want one now .

I would join but fear I would spend far too much time in JJ's cafe. Is it in Christiania?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    LurifaxFlux

Sign me up

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    abukii

Cool

According to ONlock, I am a potential competitor
    Count me in!!