Page 104 of 130 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2590

Thread: The Wipeout HD Cup

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Leungbok - I understand that they are WipEout legends, but they have been given so many chances to play their matches and they still haven't. That's just ridiculous IMO.

WipEout legends or not, they shouldn't be allowed to bend the rules. Kanar and the Raptors have done an absolutely fantastic job in keeping this Cup going and it's not fair that everyone else has to wait for other people to get a move on, 2 months after the rounds should have been played.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

They musn't and are not allowed to bend the rules. They're are disqualified and it's normal ! I repeat it's not something that should make people happy with... I'm sure Kanar's not, even if he takes the right decision !

Woopzilla is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Content Contributor
    Phantom Pilot
    PSN ID
    Woopzilla

@Nut, I've had no success contacting Barnster so far, so I'm not sure what's happening unfortunately. :<

I sent a profile message here on the zone 1 month ago and another last week. I also sent a friend request + a 2nd PM on PSN too. But I'm not sure he's seen any of them. So, I'll just have to wait for now. :shrug:

PSN ID
    R3BU5ER

Woopzilla, I have also been lazy ass hell so I'll check if he has been online and I'll send him a message.

Edit: last seen online 17 days ago
    Last edited by R3BU5ER; 8th April 2011 at 08:23 AM.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Sent billychan a friend request.
    Hopefully we can get this thing moving swiftly again

@Woopzilla
    Says on my friends list that barnster hasn't signed in for 17 days. He's generally a polite chap who's always up for some racing, so I'd imagine he's just currently busy.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Quote Originally Posted by kanar View Post
    What can I say about lolode & elois, except the fact elois never answered to me & BW, & lolode barely said to me 2 weeks ago "ah yeah, we should play our meeting yeah..." cool. Vive la France.
    Please don't make this kind of shortcut Kanar.
    I can ensure you that for my 2 matches, I contacted my opponents in the first days of the round.
    Fortunately, my opponents answered me quickly and we could organize the meeting in good conditions.

My first opponent, which was just a casual wiper, showed more respect to the game and the cup than the disqualified people.
    I fully agree with these disqualifications, which is obvious taking into account my previous message in this topic... but I'm offended by this "Vive la France"... this kind of remark reminds me of a famous banned pilot
    Last edited by Temet; 8th April 2011 at 02:53 PM.

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Being Kestrel Raptor is easy

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Got a message off Yeldar

Yeldar 6 v 0 Chesterknight

Well played Yeldar and commiserations Chesterknight

Falcon Update
    Last edited by KGB; 8th April 2011 at 04:45 PM. Reason: 0's everywhere

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I can't tell you how much I hate this, but... I think I'll pull out of the Cup.

Along the lines of what Jas was saying a couple of pages or so ago is the problem for me: I just haven't played pretty much at all since my last Cup match, and as much as I like the game and want to do well in a tournament like this, I just haven't been playing it, and it wouldn't reflect my actual skill at the game if I were to play a match like this any time soon. As it is, I've been the main problem in not getting my R4 match against Skrotos32 done, apart from some time difference issues.

I can't seem to find the time to practise at all, and amongst a couple of new games I'm playing, it's even harder to do that.

It really sucks that I just can't find the effort in me to continue on at this point. I was enthusiastic about the cup when it started, and I still like the idea of it all and appreciate the work that's gone into it; hell, I even kinda feel like I'm representing Australia in it... but unfortunately my enthusiasm for the game is just not there when it needs to be.

This may seem a bit ridiculous, but I also don't feel that comfortable logging into the PSN while Anonymous is attempting to hack/disrupt Sony's services.

Sorry.

That all said - if anyone feels they want to encourage me to try and find something that makes me want to play and people aren't overly concerned about round 4 overtimes just yet, feel free to try and change my mind, as long as there's time left I may eek up some desire to play... but yeah... at the moment I'm just not feeling it.

----
    One thing I read that I feel strongly against in regards to those people pulling out like me....
    Quote Originally Posted by JasminJade
    many players have forgotton that this world cup is only about honouring markus memory.drop outs insult his memory unless its due to a acceptable reason such as you no longer have a ps3 to play on.
    I disagree that this tournament is about one person. I signed into this before Marcus' suicide; and as much as I'm happy to play the game in remembrance of someone who loved the game, I think it would be more respectful to play the game as it was meant to be played or leave the tournament to those who are prepared to do so - not out of what would in my case be a shallow dedication to complete it.
    ----

Lastly, I'd really like to thank Kanar and everyone else that put time into this event - it's been fun, and I've been nervous all the way through. I'm sorry I can't find it in me to care enough to continue on and have felt this way for weeks, because everything is there to make this tournament great. I guess it just went a little too long for me.
    Last edited by amplificated; 10th April 2011 at 07:00 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

Honestly if people are dragging their tails because the feel like they wont perform well enough then let me share my thoughts before the first match:
    I was picked to play my first match against Greenix who allthough rusty was one of the players in team england for the world cup or in other words not a pushover(plus the fact that I'd just recently started doing phantom races), had I against all probability won that match I'd be up against texasalex who well lets just say the man is damn good at wipeout. I in other words knew I was in for a short run but I'd rather go out swinging than giving up before I'd at least given it my all.

As it happens I lost to greenix (I lost big) but I was happy to have participated and I feel I can hold my head high for having done what I signed up to do.

Or in other words if you feel like you're going to lose then do so with pride. To quote a hollywood movie I think I once saw "there is no shame in losing to a stronger opponent".
    If nothing else then just play your match so that you can say you did it.

much love Oryx

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I don't believe that's what I said if that was a response to me, but thankyou for the input Oryx.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

oh no no amp I didn't mean that you were stalling as such I didn't specifically address you either because well... it wasn't entirely directed at you either. I mean sure the part about getting your match done and being proud of it and all that yes. But I get the feeling that people lose interest a little because maybe they think they'll lose and therefore it's not fun anymore, I was just trying to show another way of looking at it.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Hmmm Amplificated, whilst I totally apprecite how you feel about the game I really don't see why you would need to pull out. Whilst this is a competion, it's also about meeting new and old friends and a shared spirit of comradery.

I hadn't played wipeout for months when I entered the cup (and believe it or not I used to be pretty good), I never even bothered to practice for my cup matches either because my love for the game had faded with many bad updates and such. I wasn't expecting to get far, or even win one match because I was so out of practice. I only wanted to realise the dream of kanar...to be part of the biggest wipeout gathering ever held!!

Of course, I failed miserably in my matches but that was my fault...my choice even, because I could have practised if I wanted to...and so can you...if you want to. If you can't take part for yourself, then please take part for everyone else who has contributed their time and efforts to do so. Being lazy and unmotivated is a poor excuse to let so many people down, including yourself.

Just have fun with it, it doesn't have to be so serious

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Cool

Oh, come on everyone, is this some kind of novel or something (i began to read those posts to sleep becouse they are really like a novel, nice lecture). I like wipeout, my blueray even don't want to come out of PS3, so i'm forced to play it (of course im kidding). When weekend comes, i'm playing about 3 hours and i have time for everything else (and to play Avalon). Sometimes i cant play so long though (those people and their weapons), but that won't make me not play wipeout anymore. I'm just addicted and it doesn't seem to change
    Through all of those unnecesary words i just want to say... it gets boring in here

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

This is starting to make WipEout sound like a chess game!!!!!!!
    Did we or did we not read the rules and regulations and know full well we were agreeing to take about 20 minutes from life for each match we played, before signing up for the Cup?!

All this dropping off, stalling, and just plain apathy towards an event people willingly (dare I say eagerly?) joined is yet one more confirmation, in case we needed it, that chivalry is indeed dead.

Less typity-type, more racity-race!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I signed up nigh on 7 months ago now... tbh that's a long time to remain chivalrous to a game you don't play for cash. Alas, 'tis true though: I did sign up with the full intention of playing my games 'til the end, and have fallen short of that endeavor.

And I'm good at typing

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

With 260 odd people competing it was never going to be a quick tournament

Just try and get through as many rounds in quick succession as you possibly can?
    Last edited by OBH; 11th April 2011 at 10:56 AM.

if you can't bee bothered to play your match then why can you be bothered to cluck on some big speech about leaving?

just let skrotos through and be done with this
    Last edited by Nutcase:259; 11th April 2011 at 11:21 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Quote Originally Posted by amplificated View Post
    I signed up nigh on 7 months ago now... tbh that's a long time to remain chivalrous to a game you don't play for cash. Alas, 'tis true though: I did sign up with the full intention of playing my games 'til the end, and have fallen short of that endeavor.

And I'm good at typing
    As you said, 7 months ago. That means too the cup could have been played twice if everyone have been really motivated. But I understand your point of view though, one withdrawal after another, sure that's not quite motivating. I was eliminated first round so I didn't experience that. Must admit I'm taking my part of responsibility there anyway, I failed to motivate you guys, that was my baby but it seems i quickly rejected it, due to my real life and so on. I wanted to shoot video reports each week and so on, but yeah as you said too ampli, I'm not a Sony community manager & this is not the kind of "powerplay" we dreamed off. I really hope they will organise some official tournaments and online events in the next ps3/NGP episodes.

Because the best wipeout pilots on earth really deserve it. I'm sad to see the cup hijacked by all these withdrawals. I can understand some of you guys are fed up wth the game a bit now, and for sure, you're probably not as good as you used to be. But for god's sake, let the REAL wipeout hardcore pilots play. I know a few guys still qualified & still at 100% of their capacities; so let them pull off their final fight.

So please if you want to withdraw JUST A SIMPLE PM HERE OR ON THE PS3 OR on WipeoutArena.net.

Last edited by kanar; 13th April 2011 at 04:56 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Javariko

I'd be positively surprised if this cup will finish without at least 10 more disqualifications.