Thread: The Wipeout HD Cup

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I see your point about people who don't have the Fury DLC obviously not being able to play in ZB races, but I don't think they should be denied a chance to play in the WC based solely on that reason, mainly because ZB is played by so few who do have Fury anyway.

We could stipulate in the promotion that it is strongly recommended that anybody wishing to enter the WC have the Fury DLC, so that if the opponent they are drawn against requests ZB as their selection, then they are obliged to either get the Fury DLC and compete or forfeit those races.

There's two decisions we could make with this that would make matters clear cut.
    1] At least one Zone Battle race is to be selected and raced by each player [no opting out of this] = Fury DLC required for entry.
    Problem arises when neither player likes ZB, which I can see happening quite a bit, plus it would deter possible entry into the tournament from people who read that they have to race at least 2 ZB races when it this race mode holds no interest for them, or they don't have or want to get the Fury DLC.

So basically IMHO it's a bad call if you want to attract pilots into the WC by making ZB mandatory or Fury DLC ownership for that matter.

2]Then you have the more relaxed option, if you can race Zone Battle at the request of your drawn opponent then you are obliged to accept the challenge.
    Same goes for Fury tracks generally, if you draw somebody who doesn't have the pack but your choice was from it, well tough luck, plenty of other HD tracks to choose from.

Most people will have Fury anyway, so I think it would be very rare for this problem to occur, plus we are not alienating potential contestants from the start by making the tournament more relaxed in structure.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 27th September 2010 at 06:14 AM.