Page 105 of 130 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2590

Thread: The Wipeout HD Cup

France, 140km from Paris (west/south-west)
    Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Ace3cube

I just know that my brother lost against Tiduch !
    If I know it was the "Owl final".
    Go go Tiduch ;-) you became impressive in few month \o/
    @+

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

It seems that the cup is losing steam, which is a real shame. I actually thought that it would be easier to arrange matches as the player numbers went down, but obviously not! Very disappointed in all of this.

Anyway, I'd still like to think that there's hope for this cup and will continue to support it for as long as it goes on. Even if people don't really want to play the game, can't they at least do it for Marcus or Kanar? Look how much effort he's put in here, and it seems that people are being very disrespectful.

I'm going to message Luna soon and see if we can play our match on the weekend. All hail the Kestrel Cloud - the only one to play all matches on time!

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Kestrel :d

Quote Originally Posted by amplificated View Post
    I can't tell you how much I hate this, but... I think I'll pull out of the Cup.

Along the lines of what Jas was saying a couple of pages or so ago is the problem for me: I just haven't played pretty much at all since my last Cup match, and as much as I like the game and want to do well in a tournament like this, I just haven't been playing it, and it wouldn't reflect my actual skill at the game if I were to play a match like this any time soon. As it is, I've been the main problem in not getting my R4 match against Skrotos32 done, apart from some time difference issues.

I can't seem to find the time to practise at all, and amongst a couple of new games I'm playing, it's even harder to do that.

It really sucks that I just can't find the effort in me to continue on at this point. I was enthusiastic about the cup when it started, and I still like the idea of it all and appreciate the work that's gone into it; hell, I even kinda feel like I'm representing Australia in it... but unfortunately my enthusiasm for the game is just not there when it needs to be.

This may seem a bit ridiculous, but I also don't feel that comfortable logging into the PSN while Anonymous is attempting to hack/disrupt Sony's services.

Sorry.

That all said - if anyone feels they want to encourage me to try and find something that makes me want to play and people aren't overly concerned about round 4 overtimes just yet, feel free to try and change my mind, as long as there's time left I may eek up some desire to play... but yeah... at the moment I'm just not feeling it. ----
    One thing I read that I feel strongly against in regards to those people pulling out like me....

I disagree that this tournament is about one person. I signed into this before Marcus' suicide; and as much as I'm happy to play the game in remembrance of someone who loved the game, I think it would be more respectful to play the game as it was meant to be played or leave the tournament to those who are prepared to do so - not out of what would in my case be a shallow dedication to complete it.
    ----

Lastly, I'd really like to thank Kanar and everyone else that put time into this event - it's been fun, and I've been nervous all the way through. I'm sorry I can't find it in me to care enough to continue on and have felt this way for weeks, because everything is there to make this tournament great. I guess it just went a little too long for me.
    "get some nuts amplicated and just play your games..

No one cares who wins or loses your wins or losses will be forgotten in a micro second. But you will always be remembered for being a quitter and a runner.
    you may not have signed up for this competition because of Marcus but you were in it when it was dedicated to him and its common courtesy to play.it is also courtesy to the players who have spent time to organise this and too the other players too

i hadn’t played for like 2 months either im bored of game but im happy to play and lose my next game this week to a very hard oponent.better to lose than be a quitter with a lame excuse.
    it takes 15 minutes to play your games probably 15 minutes longer than you spent writing your excuses here..hours longer than you spend reading posts here....

sorry to be harsh but quitting is quitting and i expect more from an elite player like you than running away cos you didnt practise much and were scared you might get beat.
    to all the other elites who didnt practice yet played and lost i respect you all and you can all feel proud that you supported the cup cos you wanna be part of community for me you will be remembered for the right reasons get some nuts amplicated and just play your games..
    Last edited by Aeroracer; 11th April 2011 at 11:08 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IndoorSnowStorm

Ya' know, since people are so frustrated for all the players who dropped out, why don't I fill in for the missing players and race the waiting racers!

Anyway, sarcasm aside, this cup is taking forever. I remember back in December I won the first round of my first competition ever! I was so excited to play the next challenger, I felt invincible. Then came Vartazian to let me eat his dust, and he beat me.

So in short here is my message to the lazy racers: Remember the time when you actually won something for the first time, and the joy and excitement that came with it. Pretend like you're a kid again, with no care in the world, where there the only thing that matters is having fun. So play your round in the cup, don't make excuses about it, and just have fun with it.

PSN ID
    novide

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Lets try and not get too agitated. Everyone was pleased as hell to be involved first of all, would be a shame to lose that.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Danterich

Reminder: Wipeout is a GAME !
    ...and its not "Call of Duty" (man i hate ego-shooters)
    ----------------------
    -thanks to kanar and crew-

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I have actually made an effort to contact my next opponent and should be doing the Kestrel Division Final the weekend after next.

PSN ID
    Tiduch

Results from Final Owl group Match.

Tiduch vs Fyue3

Fyue3's tracks:
    - Single race, The Amphiseum Forward, Phantom, Weap on, 5 laps Tiduch - I take the lead on start and keep 1st to finish but Fyue was be always close to me!
    - Single race, Sebenco Climb Forward, Phantom, Weap on, 5lap Fyue3 - Fyue3 take lead on the start and keep 1st for whole time, in 4 lap i was destroyed by bomb (I thought that i got shield before bomb but that was be turbo )
    - Single race, Tech de ra Forward, Phantom, Weap on, 5lap Tiduch - Lucky with weapons for me, on 1st lap i got turbo and autopilot in good position and ~3 turbo in other laps.

Tiduch's tracks:

- Single race, Modesto Heights Reverse, Weap off, 6lap Tiduch - Very stressful race for me, I only thought, not to do any mistake.
    - Zone Battle, Moa Therma Reverse, Target 55 zone Tiduch - The best track on zone battle for me
    - Zone Battle, Modesto Heights Forward, Target 55 zone Tiduch - Barrier, barrier, barrier...!!

Final Score:

Tiduch 5:1 Fyue3

Videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqWgAqAo_Tk Part 1 (all 4 Single Races)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rlSJztUCO8 Part 2 (all 2 Zone Battles)

Thanks for very good races

eagle update

bazzman vs g-pilot will be on friday

me vs shawn will be as soon as i see shawn online.i sent messages already and im ready any night

eagle final will hopefully be on sunday..fingers crossed

You guys should just say that if the games are not done in a week, it is a forfeit for whoever will not race, that way, you can have it end quicker, and hopefully it gets finished

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Some people are genuinely busy within a week though.

Just to clarify things --
    you cannot pick the same mode 3 times correct? Billychan would like to do Zone Battle 3 times, though I thought it was only twice maximum?
    Hate to sound like I'm winging here.... just remember reading before that no one was adhering to the rules properly, myself included. I picked all races 5 laps, phantom, weapons on last time.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

if you guys can't reach an agreement, default rules is : no more than twice the same game mode (game modes are sr weapons, sr no weapons & zb).
    Last edited by kanar; 15th April 2011 at 02:55 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Javariko

If YOU don't want him to pick ZB 3x, he is not allowed to.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Cheers for that.
    Damn, now i feel bad. On the one hand I want to let him pick whatever race types he chooses..... on the other hand I'd like to try and win

I've included a weapons off race in my selection; simply so I could abide by the rules this time. Think i'll probably be a nasty evil man and make him follow the rules too
    Last edited by OBH; 13th April 2011 at 05:24 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

You should not feel bad OBH!
    I someone would have proposed me 3 ZB, I would have refused.
    It's not bad, it's just the rules!

For my first round, I asked "green" for 2 races but the guy was a casual gamer and didn't understand ... so it was "weapons on". But it was not a problem, I've been lucky enough to have someone slower then me for first round
    (and second was Woopzilla! )

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

The Kestrel Division Final between myself and Luna will take place on the 24th. We're still here, even if some others have given up.

PSN ID
    triboy

Owl Cloud updated.
    http://challonge.com/owl

Tidek,

Congratulations man, you made an incredible thing. When I look at the list of players who competed in our group, my admiration grows even more. You left behind the leading players in the world! Hats off.

And this probably ends my participation in this tournament. I must admit that it was amazing. Collect as many participants, give them a chance to fight in an organized event on this scale. Historic event.

Although I played many years, I have never pulled so hard in one game and never took part in the event of this kind.

I would like to thank you Kanar, thanks for inviting me to the organizational group.

Thanks also for each of the Raptors, and to every single person who has taken part in organizing this tournament.
    Although it is not the end, I think we can say: We made it!

Congrats in no small part to you, triboy. You've done a great job. Apologies for my friend Raagentreg once more, but hopefully he'll get a race in with some of the members of the distinguished owls.

Also, I decided to fill in some of the blanks on the challonge threads - I can't see the results for texasalex's match against morfeo. What was the score there? That's the only one I haven't been able to update it with.