Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Watering down the Class to win...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Reaper, I already said that i can understand that hosts not as experienced as we are may change the Class to something more suitable to their rhythm. The case that specifically happened in my explanations seemed to be based on an impulsive move by a very skilled pilot. I also didn't said i had to win and that i had to be given the chance to keep winning, or that someone tried to "sabotage" my streak like you mentioned. I did the race anyway on Rapier. I never said it was catastrophic but simply that maybe this type of action has been going on without me really noticing it. Of course its not a matter of life or death. I'm far from feeling screwed up if someone change Class lower than Phantom But i certainly don't like someone shifting from Phantom to Flash or the dreadful Venom.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IDReaper

:O venom is mah buddy :O (lol jk) I went back and read ur posts, okay things changed in your other posts but in you first one what I recognized from your comment was that you didn't like it when people change speed class to beat you(like in general, not specifically u lol)? I think? I dunno I've never been one for reading comprehension but as far as noticing this the only time I have noticed it is when a phantom room has been passed along to another pilot. He lets it go phantoms for a few races and after losing for a bit switches it down to something slower. I can't say I have had the same experience for as you truthfully so it's a little difficult for me to understand. So I don't really have a reaction to express

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding things I'm just trying to put together what you and the others are saying about this topic.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I've experienced this and it was a long time back so it has been going for a while. Something slightly different I noticed on rather a few occasions, the host will set up a Phantom room to goad people in then quickly change it down and hit X almost instantly. This is just plain annoying and in doing so changes my goal from potentially trying to win the race to simply painting a target on and bombarding the host as much as I can throughout the race with the intention of elimination.

The people that don't allow a small amount of time for ship change, not that I change ships but I can imagine how annoying it is also need dealing with, in a swift and rockety fashion.

Haha thats funny.inconsiderates get terminated by way of rockets..

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

IMO you're reading a bit too much into someone changing speedclass and starting in a hurry.

When it happens to me (which isn't often), I simply quit the race if I don't feel like a venom|flash|rapier race. Which I don't...

What I hate more is when the host quits a busy room and the new host don't realise that he/she/it is the new host. One would think they would catch on after the same track has autostarted 3 times in a row, but sadly no...

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

If people have such a problem with this, why don't they start their own room? Just throwing it out there if they can't handle pilots who want to make a room more of a challenge by trying to evening out the odds, no other two ways about it in my opinion.

something about room host that bugs me a little..

they pick a track and you beat them..
    they play the track again and you beat them
    they play the track again and they win
    suddenly they pick a different track they win
    but they wont play again cos they won..

i change the track regardless of if i win/lose..as a host i want everyone to have a good time and not get babyish or silly because thats what a host is supposed to do.

plus side about these types of room hosts is you dont feel bad when you turbo past them at the finish line or single them out for some rocket massage..

its also funny when you win 10 times in a row and they still wont change the track and everyone has left the room.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I probably seem guilty of that sometimes. I might repeat the track if crazy lag shenanigans go down, like getting pushed through the track, or like the other day, where I got knocked off Sol2 and stranded on a wing for ages. But it's not like I'm trying to do it until I win, just until I have a normal race. If I do win though, then that's exactly what it would look like. When I host, I've more recently started to do two races per track if it gets like that. That way everyone has a second chance if the first one sucked for them.

thats fine me too.but im talking about serial play till i win that track types..not the host that messed up and plays again here and there..

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin-jade View Post
    something about room host that bugs me a little..

they pick a track and you beat them..
    they play the track again and you beat them
    they play the track again and they win
    suddenly they pick a different track they win
    but they wont play again cos they won..
    Or after all this, they leave the room the minute they finally win. I chuckle everytime i see this... Pfffff...

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    I probably seem guilty of that sometimes. I might repeat the track if crazy lag shenanigans go down, like getting pushed through the track, or like the other day, where I got knocked off Sol2 and stranded on a wing for ages. But it's not like I'm trying to do it until I win, just until I have a normal race. If I do win though, then that's exactly what it would look like. When I host, I've more recently started to do two races per track if it gets like that. That way everyone has a second chance if the first one sucked for them.
    Exactly my type too. I will repeat the track if:
    - Laggy ships are pushing me around and making me fall off track.
    - I slightly touch some structure on the sides and it rockets me 100 feet high in the sky for half an hour.
    - I get destroyed because someone initially hit me with a weapon and while i'm paralyzed on the track, the following pilots take the opportunity to unleash the Apocalypse on me.

At this point it doesn't really bother me if i win or lose, its like you say, i wanna have a normal race.

I will also do the same track again if someone among the pilots, who is my friend online, gets destroyed. Just to give a second chance because i know how this can be heavily annoying