Thread: SOL 2 - Wish it would fk off!

PSN ID
    LAZOKAEN

Default SOL 2 - Wish it would fk off!

I seriously hate this track. I cannot do anything against AI on ELITE. Just cannot win. Strangely enough I always finish 4th. No matter what team. Yeah - nice one there SCEE Liverpool.

Huge fan of WO don't get me wrong, but ffs, the AI just randomly does what it wants and it dont make sense. Random weapons. Speed Boosts at unnatural times. GAH!!!!!

Love the game, but jesus christ. HELP! I wont go into anything else. i.e. Zico / Zone trophies and those I just cannot do. I'm not an über WO player, big fan and long time player, but I'm better than the normal gamer. But I swear down, this game is just making me lose patience. I had a good night on trophies today. The scenic thing on Amphiseum and the Tourney Ace. Just this second got Double Kill too.

Any helpful tips on SOL2. All speed classes, but right now Venom / Flash.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Javariko

You can get some BRs by bumping into the side of the track in the long straight part, but it's even better if you can use a boost there. Right after the wing, nose up and BOOST! Save any boosts just for this. Don't try to go underneath the wing, usually fails.

Also, try to get the sharp right turn really tight so that you can do another BR.

Other than that... learn the track, just repeat a lot really. Tight lines help.

sol is hard vs A.I but at least its a safe track where you dont need to take big risks to win like turbo br's through tiny gaps.saying that you can do some risky moves if you like but playing safe is your best bet for consistant wins..

key to winning is

1 learn to take the first bend nice and tight many players go to wide and lose time

2 turbo br off of second speed pad

3 br off the third speed pad

4 take the big right hander tight use side shift going in hit speed pad go tight going out and side shift for a pretty easy br

5 most important part is learn to do the last corner without crashing

6 turbo br oppurtunity on the last straight if u feel in the mood

their are many other more advanced techniques you can find off top players but these basic moves will beat A.i and most players apart from the elites who will do this plus much much more..

7..actually most imortant thing is enjoy playing..if you are not happy it slows you down..

good luck..hope u win

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by Lazokaeи View Post
    Any helpful tips on SOL2. All speed classes, but right now Venom / Flash.
    Here's one of the videos i made for the trophies against elite AI, no impossible tricks or BR, only clean racing (but not the elobot or yelbot one ^^). Phantom speed but lines are the same for slower classes
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=.../6/E1QdcmB_IdI
    And if it's still difficult, Hellfire's tutorial video should helps :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvRiNKQrwaI
    Last edited by leungbok; 28th September 2010 at 06:44 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Have you adjusted your air brake sensitivity?
    If there is one track more than any other that shows a little increasing of sensitivity with your air brakes makes a BIG difference, then it's SOL 2.

Try around 70% sensitivity and a high thrust craft and see how you go.

[lower % = Higher sensitivity in HD]

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

My settings for info :
    thrust : 10% (X button)
    Airbrake : 50% (L1/R1)
    d-pad user
    motion sensor on pitch only with 100% sensitivity

if im finding a track a pain in the arse i find its easier to learn it in Zone mode. that way it starts off slow and builds up to a speed faster than what im intending to do.

i think. if i can do it on zen mode, then phantom should be a doodle, well thats the plan anyway

100 posts yay!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Good luck in your quest Lazokaeи, but I will be closing this thread now as we already have plenty along the same lines. Please try a search to find tips galore.