Thread: WipEout HD - Best graphic game on ps3? Whats your opinion?

PSN ID
    Ez_I_iNFaMoUs_x

Wink WipEout HD - Best graphic game on ps3? Whats your opinion?

In my opinion WipEout HD is "The" best graphic game on ps3.

But, do you think it is? If not which game do you think is? (Preferably, PS3 exclusive)
    Last edited by RiPPeRZz; 1st September 2010 at 08:00 PM.

could well be, in terms of the ridiculous amounts of detail. like track textures and really minute stuff. also in terms of like an overall package. ive always thought that wipeout games are like the most err 'well rounded' complete packages, the whole futuristic logo graphic designs as well as visuals and music all work together, as opposed to say Call of duty World at War, where the WW2 theme was kind of pole-axed by a wierd heavy metal soundtrack?

also its colourfull! unlike killzone2 which everyone thinks is really good graphically which is true.. if you like a billion different shades of grey

so yes id say it is. (until GT5 Comes out )

PSN ID
    Ez_I_iNFaMoUs_x

Yes, GT5 does look promising Also, if you look at the crowd in WipEout HD, they actually look real :O! lol

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Wipeout is a truly remarkable piece of graphic imagery, and is definitely one of the better games in the graphical department IMO. The attention to detail is amazing - it's always the little things that count.

Would I say it's one of the best graphic games on PS3? Yeh, I would.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ONlocke

For me it would have to be between Wipeout HD and Uncharted 2.

The exclusive games for the PS3 really shows what the console is capable of. It's potential is great, but few developers spend the time required to really squeeze out the remaining juice.

PSN ID
    Ez_I_iNFaMoUs_x

Smile

Uncharted 2, for me is one of the only games that has such colorful environments... It makes the scenery look and (together with sound effects) feel real !

WipEout HD, is another game that shows off magnificent detail and colorful environments
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 2nd September 2010 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Deleted unnecessary quotation.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

WipEout HD is a true technical masterpiece, showcasing the power of the PlayStation 3 at 1080p 60 FPS, with awesome attention to detail put in every corner of the level design. To this day it's one of the most impressive looking games I've played on the console.

I cannot say for sure however that it is the best looking game on the console. Certainly among them. But there is God of War, Uncharted, Killzone. All of which look amazing. And more will come out. It is still up for grabs in my opinion.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Quote Originally Posted by RiPPeRZz View Post
    Also, if you look at the crowd in WipEout HD, they actually look real :O! lol
    You haven't boosted yourself onto that pedestrian overpass on Modesto rev yet?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ONlocke

Yes, Wipeout HD is all about the details..

The textures in Wipeout HD is some of the best texture work I have ever seen.

PSN ID
    someguy789

best graphics out of any of the games I've played, although I don't play in HD so I still don't get the best image

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Eh eh, just play Bioshock 2 guys... it's not technically the best graphic games, that's obvious. But from the artistic point of view, this is a jewel!!!
    I have Bioshock 1 & 2 and also Killzone 2 and believe me, I'm don't like Killzone graphics whereas I'm completely amazed by the beauty of Rapture in Bioshock.

About WOHD, each time I launch it I also think that the graphics are amazing. I also find the game too slow

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    IoannisVita

the game with the best graphics is by far Uncharted 2.
    here is my personal top 10 list:
    1)Uncharted 2, 2)God of War 3, 3)Gran Turismo 5, 4)WipEout HD, 5)Ninja Gaiden Σ2, 6)Final Fantasy 13, 7)Uncharted, 8 )Demon's Souls, 9)Metal Gear Solid 4, 10)Valkyria Chronicles.
    those are games i played, not seen on videos.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Uncharted 2 is by far the best looking game on the PS3 followed by MGS4 and GOW3. I felt the graphics on FF13 were poor apart from the cut scenes.

WOHD is fantastic as well but you don't really get to enjoy them unless you slow down and take a look.

I'm going to have to agree... but only in parts.

I think WipEout looks absolutely stunning and easily able to kick a lot of other games into the mud. The only game I own that comes even close is Bioshock, but that can be too dark and muddy to pick up on some of the detail sometimes. It's wonderful, but sometimes you want it nice and crisp so you can see everything. GT5 is pretty too but then the game is built around its' prettiness rather than the actual gameplay which is why I'm not going to award it the gold.

My problem with WipEout is that sometimes there's too much going on. My favourite track is the Ubermall because it's nice and clean and crisp so you can see what the heck is going on. Dark and muddy tracks like Metropia have lots of detail, but it just looks a bit jumbled. It was the same in Fusion - my preferred track was Temtesh Bay because of crisp light tracks with details elsewhere.

I know a lot of hate for Talon's Junction comes from its' blue track which means you can't see the damned speed pads - if it had been crisper and whiter I don't see it being a problem.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

I have to agree that aside from wipeout hd, uncharted 2 is one of the more visually impressive games I've seen on ps3

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

WipEout HD has tremendous graphic rendering, that's for sure. Considering it's a very fast racing game, its visual richness and animation is nothing less than outstanding. It may not the only one with best graphic achievement, but it can proudly stand among the best.

Gran Turisom 5 will most probably win the honors for best graphics for a racing game, if not among all game categories.

But to me its God of War III who wins the 1st place, for now. My God (!!!) this game is a total masterpiece. For the first time i don't see nothing different from a cut-scene to actual playing. You place Kratos facing you, in some areas, and you'll be amazed beyond reason on the amount of details in this very character. And yet i'm not talking about technical and artistic level design, voice acting, animation and cinematic direction! In terms of action/adventure, its undeniable that Uncharted 2 is to be considered too!

Honorable mentions (IMHO):
    - MotorStorm: Pacific Rift - just can't wait for Apocalypse!!! Just take a look at this guys... OMG http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViSmLdXU1vM
    - Dante's Inferno. Yes i'm serious. The artistic direction for level design and character design is simply amazing.
    - DiRT and GRiD series
    - GTA 4
    - Killzone 2
    - Resistance 2