Thread: Elite Campaign Help

Default Elite Campaign Help

Hi i am currently trying to get the Elite Campaign Legend trophy on WipEout HD. I have 2 events left to finish unfortunately they are both in the last tier i need to win the 8 race tournament and the single race on Sebenco Climb. I have tried with different ships to beat Sebenco Climb but no matter what i do i can't seem to win the race my best is 3rd place. Any tips or help would be appreciated.

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

PSN ID
    alonemusic

It's probably been said many times, but just keep at it, I'm at the same point as you with just a gold in Chengu and the 8 stage tourney left and you've just gotta plug away at it, and get lucky too!

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

I don't know if I ever posted this vid so I'll do it now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM-UW18z_LQ

I made it for some people having difficulty getting clear of the AI early on in the race on Chenghou Project and Sebenco Climb. Might shed some light on where things are going wrong

I know this thread'll no doubt get locked soon so in anticipation of that, use the search feature, there's loads of useful tips knocking about on the forum

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Yeah it's a fair bit of luck needed against the elite with pick ups.
    Plus the need to know where all the possible BR points are for Sebenco, see Woopzillas video for example.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgbbXF2SuA0

I remember my biggest pain in the whole game was actually beating this at Rapier speed for some reason.

The 8 race tournament at the end is a tough one.
    The thing to know is if you haven't won the first 3 races quit the tournament and start again [the 3 easiest tracks] , otherwise you are most likely wasting your time thinking you have a chance to win the tournament.
    You will need to win at least 4 if not 5 races and place 2nd or 3rd in 2 or 3 of the others, you can only have one really bad race/DNF if you want any hope of getting Gold.
    If you end up equal 1st for the tournament it still gives you Gold.

Don't give up, it's frustrating as hell, a lot of us have been there, but so rewarding once you have beaten it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Don't give up, it's frustrating as hell, a lot of us have been there, but so rewarding once you have beaten it.
    Ooooh yes BW, you summed up quite well the wipeout experience. I remember when WO1 was released, it was truly a blast for me, but I only had a superficial experience of the awesome gameplay and lifetime that game offered. Same experience for 2097, Fusion, Pure... 'til I signed here...

My first experience at phantom speed was on pulse (!?), when I realized, thanks to guys like Asayyeah or FBJ (and a loooot more), that it was possible to handle that speed... Couldn't imagine to hear one day the woman sayin "perfect lap" at phantom speed... Practice practice practice practice...

Then I entered into something BIG. I never experienced such thing with a videogame, I mean it's obviously one of the most difficult game in the world. You have to develop crazy reflexes to be able to handle that speed. My brother-in-law is PC games only, and has a Raptor like PC (Nvidia graphics and so on, CoD MW running at 1000 fps very very very high settings and so on lol). He's considering the ps3 or the 360 like piece of **** regarding their performances. And he's right. But the only game which impressed him was wipeout HD. And of course, he asked me; "how can you play at THAT SPEED???"... i think you have to suffer a lot to finally reach what I could call well... heaven?
    Last edited by kanar; 16th August 2010 at 04:20 PM.

PSN ID
    gordo31874

Hiya Phorus.
    I've recently completed the Elite campaign and my experiences might prove useful to you.
    I'm glad you've cleared Cproject, this was the one I found hard.
    The advice above is all good, but I personally am not good enough yet to pull off all the barrel rolls, and only attempt the really easy ones. Nevertheless I managed to get Elite Campaign Gold. You dont' need to be a barrel roll king to get this gold. If you can do them however, go ahead and abuse that talent. I imagine it makes it easier.

On Sebenco, you've got to have side shifting working well. Use it religously on all the corners up the hill. If you've not got the technique right, then start using it on the first and last corners up the hill. These are the ones where you get the most benefit.
    You'll probably notice you're doing it right when you don't crash into those two everytime.
    Also for Sebenco, ,I found the last speed pad, after the final right hander is really key to get; why?
    1) It means you've taken an mean line
    2) It's a speed pad!

Anyway for the tourne, I wouldn't want to contradict Blackwiggle, but I managed only coming 1,1,2,3 for the first four. But I did kick their ass on sol2, which helps at the end.
    My main advice would be, just enjoy the racing. When I stressed about winning, it went wrong. When I just enjoyed three abreast and rockets overhead, it went right. Relax man and let it flow.
    Good luck!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Welcome to the forum Phorus.

As much as I don't want to discourage new members, quite obvious failure to attempt a search, completely ignoring the sticky topics, and apparent failure to read and heed the guidelines about looking around first etc., really gets tiresome when 90 % of new members are doing it. It's like listening to a family member tell the same story for the 20th Christmas in a row, or being a member of staff in a book store, where you have a big stack of the latest Harry Potter book at the entrance, almost blocking the doorway, and having almost everyone that comes in ask, "Err...where do I find the latest Harry Potter book". Perhaps we need to make a more obvious sticky topic such as, "HELP ME!!! CLICK HERE IF YOU THINK THE GAME IS HARD AND/OR NEED TIPS", or something. I'll consider it.

Anyway, in general the questions are the same, and so are the answers:

Search (here, google, youtube, etc.), look, read, practice, play, lather, rinse, repeat, win. If you found what you needed in the search, by all means post in those threads to thank people for, e.g. making FAQs, tutorial videos etc. If you don't find what you're looking for, you're probably not looking hard enough.