4 14.29%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fake id's (sub acounts)

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Heian_Xavier

Sub accounts? Emphatically against.

When I crack the top 1000 or top 100 (I'll never be a WR holder), it's really rewarding. Rewarding to know that there are less than 100 (or whatever number) players who are still better than I am.

With sub accounts, I have no idea how many are fakes. Sub accounts prevent rising newbs from seeing the true extent of their progress.

NO to sub-accounts.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

I know this thread has been dead for a long time but I recently started a second account so I thought this would be the place to mention it.

I've been against them in the past but for too long now my PSN friends list has been full, and I'd like to add more people, or let them add me. So I started a new PSN account under the name Erik_Ponti.

Now I'm hardly going to be setting any WRs anyway, but just in case the PSN leaderboards are ever fixed, this account will be reserved for when I am either drunk, have friends round and am messing about, or when I'm doing Eliminator / Zone Battle. That way any lucky top 20 times I manage to get will be acheived with my main account.

Sounds a bit pointless I know, but it's enabled me to add a few people, and doing the HD Trophy vids made me want to get transcendence again.

So there you go, I feel better for getting it off my chest, means I don't feel like I'm hiding anything now.

If anyone else feels like sharing their alternate IDs, go ahead. There are plenty of you out there

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

What's the rationale behind that name Col? Just curious that's all, as it's not one that I'm familiar with.

PSN ID
    firstdave/Astropulser

As i play a guitar know of such a person who is a lead guitarist and vocalist. Turkish i think.Is it it him ?

Dave.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    oliver_fighter7 - Olivariox

Well, actually I created a new account a week ago (the only one I have apart from oliver_fighter7), just to have my university mates added there.
    The name is FernandoAlphonso.

I was wondering if I should post it, cause anyway I'm almost sure I will never play Wipeout with that account, and if I do someday I would only play online races. So, if some day you see a guy called like that, it's me

PSN ID

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Phantom_89 View Post
    What's the rationale behind that name Col? Just curious that's all, as it's not one that I'm familiar with.
    He's the main character in one of my favourite films, a Swedish film called Evil. One of my favourite fictional characters

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

I feel I should've known that one given the size of the swedish film industry but that one passed me by entirely XD.

Interesting film none the less but the book kinda rubbed me the wrong way I must admit.

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    D_1998_BR

I don't care about someone using a fake account or not (unless they bother me).I,myself,do use an fake ID!

Calm down guys,I use it because my primary account get's too many messages asking to do Bling Brigade and I'm tired of that...My 2nd account is bar100lona...

There is a guy that is (obviously) using an fake account...I got pwnt by him yesterday,his name is MagicPIay (WizardPlay ripoff?).He got a portugal flag and is a level 6 player.He's INSANE! Barely any misses,does epic barrel rolls (learned much from him) and seems to get the item he wants whenever he wants.Not sure who he really is,but he's an awesome pilot.

Tank_Driver is another fake account (i think).He's as tough as MagicPIay,even being a level 17...Many people fell for him,although i won once and he won once (I wonder when's gonna be the match that's gonna decide it all lol).

If you guys want to find them,I've often seem them in Flash and Rapier races.Anybody up to stop their winning spree?

PSN ID

I raced Tank_Driver last week and yes they were very quick. Phantom room I think.

Oh and Oryx, I haven't read the book obviously, but how did it you up the wrong way?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

Actually D the problem is mostly centered around leader boards. if you have one person with three accounts taking up space on the leader boards that is annoying.

Not that it is exactly fun to see fake names when you're playing but that doesnt matter so terribly.

and Col well it has to do with the writing style of the writer... it how should I put it... it's kind of has that hard man besserwisser sort of over bearing and pompous flair too it. Not that the story isn't worth a look but the writer in question has kind of started believing his own press a bit much as it were.

PSN ID

Hmm, fair play. I don't know much about the author I'm afraid, only that he's extremely well known in Sweden, and that the book was kind of autobiographical.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    NX-01 StarClass: alias (Old Scholz Playa)

There was a time many many moons ago, prior to Sony's network fiasco, there were WipeOut HD network login server errors. The orginal PSN account could not log in and you had to create a new account to gain access. Now I have three accounts: NX-01(my former British) Warp-5(1st US) and Old Scholz Playa(2d US). Yes, I do race them all. Hell, I'm no threat to you guy's and I know that I will never break any records(if you raced me, you know) I just race for fun. I don't see any harm in multiple accounts, but that's me. We are going to have "bad seeds" in every aspects of life (real & virtual). My two pence.

PSN ID

Hmm, bit of a dilemma. Whilst I've only been using my second account for Elims and Zone Battles, I have been doing the Fury Campaign on that profile. In the process I've got a top 10 time: Single Race, Tech De Ra, Venom 1.41.94.

Is it okay for me to put this on the rankings website under the name Colonel__Gaddafi?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Archon473

I'm not an admin, but I don't see why not. If I was playing on my sister's PS3 and broke a record, would I have to upload her name? She can't fly =P

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

Blah I'm ashamed! I've always been keeping to my one account but in tutoring Syrennia today I managed a top 10 time on met rev rapier sr -_- I apologize for this

PSN ID

Who's this crew that have turned up, they all have names like xX333-1Xx, xX333-2Xx, xX333-3Xx, etc... Played against 1, 2 and 3 tonight in a Rapier SR room, but I'm told there are at least five of them.

They're very fast and they have bugger all non-Wipeout trophies, they're all currently under rank 20 and none of the accounts pre-date August, so they're clearly ghost accounts of well known / highly skilled players.

So, who are they?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Maybe some cfw psp players too !

Timezone
    GMT -5

Who cares if people use a fake name. I'm just trying to have good races. I don't care about beating big names or justifying a loss due to someone else being 'known'.

I can't say I'm not curious about who they are, but it's not of importance.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I'd only care if the leaderboards worked, as there would be no point in having leaderboards if the top 50 times were made by a handful of aliasing players (not a likely example, but hopefully gets the point of leaderboards being ****ed up not being a good thing across).

As it is, I think it is / would be quite annoying for people sitting on 11th spot to be denied a place in the top 10 on a track due to aliasers or glitchers.

Pretty good reasons IMO, if the leaderboards worked.

PSN ID

Quote Originally Posted by Frailavi View Post
    I can't say I'm not curious about who they are, but it's not of importance.
    I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, but I'm interested to know who they are, especially as they are some sort of "team".