• Fake ids are bad

12 42.86%
  • Fake ids are of no importance

11 39.29%
  • anyone for a pimm

4 14.29%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fake id's (sub acounts)

yes i was hustled when i was a beginner by noob hunters using fake id's.i think most players have had negative experiences caused by others....

the leaderboard was one of many examples of players behaviours that i used.. this debate isnt about leaderboards solely its about fake id's good/bad/reasons

to me im not to bothered as i will never get to the top as i simply dont play enough..but it dosent make it right..

as for deleting your own record for me...well its up to you..as i never even asked you too..i just expressed an opinion of the plus/minus of id's..

yes there are more important things to life than playing video games but it dosnt mean people cant have an opinion about them..be it good/bad/niether...

i would like to see a privacy option on ps3 like on xbox where you can appear offline..good for when u need to chill

i would like it so all second accounts show the primary account they were created from..that way players can do what they want but would then be held accountable for there action if they were to be brought into question..
    such as harrasment or bulling or other unsocial actions..
    Last edited by Aeroracer; 27th July 2010 at 09:01 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin-jade View Post
    yes i was hustled when i was a beginner by noob hunters using fake id's
    Then it was a good motivation for improving your skills and make those guys feeling like noobs at their turn !

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin-jade View Post
    i would like it so all second accounts show the primary account they were created from..that way players can do what they want but would then be held accountable for there action if they were to be brought into question..
    such as harrasment or bulling or other unsocial actions..
    Yeah but that's about individual freedom, some can use that for bad reason and other for good. I simply don't like when someone, or some society/organisation wants to know all my private activities.
    It belong to the responsibility of each one to act with morality or not, not to a restrictive rule !

i agree with you too leung...i value freedom and privacy im just throwing ideas in wondering what if...
    its just a shame some people just abuse things and spoil others fun

and yes the noob hunter motivated me to improve..

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    brummpahh

i voted "bad" simply because i encountered
    more negative fakes than good/necessary ones.
    Recently i got the impression, that there are
    often more fakes on the track than regular players.
    That makes me enter noobie rooms and gives me
    some exitement in exspectation, that there's one/some
    of them. At least one amusing aspect of it :-)

What i really like are the funny ones...lol,
    some have a good humor about their ID's
    This would fill a new thread easily: best fake ID award

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

You have been going on about this for about a year now Jasmin, has someone done all this to you? I doubt it. There really is more important things in life than a Wipeout leaderboard.
    Proof of this topic's redundancy right here.

Honestly, most of those that are getting so concerned about leaderboard corrpution, you really need to look out your window, unless you've blocked out the light so you can sleep upside down or something.

I like to think that's not often I speak my mind, but some of you seriously should go outside sometime, you guys are acting like getting a better time is doing something productive in your life, even though you guys should be able to see that it wouldn't. evar. Jasmin, you shouldn't even have made this thread. Sorry to say it, but it's true. Everything is being made worse recently, and banning people when from what I see as a simple expression of opinion and calling others out on faking times with duplicate accounts because your sense of justice has been perverted by people exploiting their free will on their console is immature, pointless and a waste of your time.

I mean, so what? somebody has made the leaderboards borken. Your times don't look good anymore. So what? Move on, isn't there something more pressing you can do with your time?

Of course, I don't mean to offend, and I apologize whole heartedly for any and all offence that the above cauess, but it needs saying.
    Last edited by mdhay; 27th July 2010 at 10:53 PM.

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Let me get this ****ing straight for a second, Are you two (KGB and Mdhay) really slating J-J Because s/he wants a game s/he plays to be fair and square in terms of the leaderboard. Are YOU slating J-J because s/he wants the game she plays to be working at optimum way. If you are that's serious Bull****, I bloody give a damn and I don't come anywhere NEAR the top of leaderboards, if i'm playing a game I don't want it to be corrupt and crap, how would you like it if every single game you played was corrupt in every way possible, players cheating, ranks haked, leaderboards destroyed all on a game you pay your hard ****ing earned cash to play? That's an absolute monstrosity of an attitude to have, to say that because someone wants to enjoy their game the right way and test their mettle gaianst the world and then turn round and say "there's other things in life accept wipeout, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH" Seriously, you really need to look at that stupid statement again 'cuase it's an absolute joke. So, we've not to care if things get unfair, just sit down and say "Oh well, it's not as if it matters, i mean I DID pay for this game, and who plays games to be better than people anyway" Turns out just about 98%of every human being do things in life in order to best others/be the best they can be and most importantly make sure they gave it their all. How can you say that you've gave it your all when Things like Green league, leaderboard hacked scores distort your time? L-u-d-o-c-r-i-s

@mhday

the thread is about the plus and minus of sub accounts..
    theirs been the positive points made on sub accounts
    and negative points made on abuse of sub accounts
    the leaderboard was just one example from the many negative and positive aspects.this thread is not about leaderboards its about all aspects of sub accounts..good or negative..

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Uber, I'm not. The last thing I would do. I'm saying that this thread seems to have made everything worse on the forum. And I am very against green league. Hell, I'm against multiplayer on HD. I wouldn't try stopping anyone from playing it, I'm just speaking my mind, because what's been happening lately has really shook me in regards to both.
    Last edited by mdhay; 27th July 2010 at 11:12 PM.

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Ah, I see xD, but i'm referring to your comment that WipEout leaderboards don't mean anything, but in reality...it should, for the reasons I mentioned

Plus, I don't think this forum (or any forum) is not interesting without some sort of debate, I love this place but It seems really clamped down in terms of getting opinions across, for example not being able to get your voice across if it brings up past realtions and sorts. Dismissing valid points because it is a "game" J-J was wondering if Fake IDs were an annoyance and what's the point of keeping it to herself?

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

I see that, but the way of going about that needs a serious looking at. Low blows, bans and finger pointing are not the way forward to fix it, are they?

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Of course not...but none of them has taken part in this thread? Well, not that I am aware of anyway, I was just saying that The Fake IDs matter is a foundation for a good disscussion and has been thus far, but I personally didn't beleive that the "just a game" argument was valid,, we all have different views so who knows eh?

well...mhday

i can t speak for the other player comments...which strayed off topic in a way from whats this thread was about..

but my comments were either positive which everyone should really be ok with
    or negative which i hoped most people should be ok with as they involved abuse of other players and makes the game not so good to some unfortunate players.
    tbo my first post was 100% positve and asking for others opinion only after 7 pages did i put my pennys worth in..

obviously abuse of second accounts appear to be ok in some players books as they pull sentences out of context from this thread to defend themselves by saying things like its not important or this is going on for too long ..well why reply if its not important i say... and also who was pointing a finger at them in the first place......no body was...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Erm, who was it that provided an option in the poll for 'Fake ids are of no importance'? I would have though that kind of invites people to express that opinion.

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

All that really means is "there's no reason to comment on the matter" If it's not important to you what's the point of getting involved in the debate, it would be like Scotland jumping in on an debate between Wles and England. Not saying you CAN'T as such, just that it would be really no relevance to the debate

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

If anything, Fake IDs are bad because they cause exactly this kind of situation!
    It's very easy to go too far with the rules in this forum and then stuff happens.

I don't want to be the guy who says "let's forget about all of that" but if this will continue I will. Let's return to playing the game, unfortunately leaderboards are how they are right now by involuntary and sometimes voluntary actions, and we can't do anything about it. Probably SL cannot do anything now either (If you can do something please say so, I'm sure many will have things to say.)
    However what we can do something about is the lack of respect some show when they use secondary accounts (If what jasmin said is true.) To those people, my message is this: stop it immediately. It's frankly juvenile and destroys the community here. Stop noob stomping, its not fun for them. Stop being abusive, it's really immature.

well said..

and if it happens the thread was worth it...

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

oh, The thread is apersonal favourite of mine, great topic. For the record, I voted Fake ID's are good What? don't look at me guys? I got a few myself and I've even conducted my own social experiments with them - the findings of which will astonish all of you, but for the sake of keeping on topic, I won't talk about it here.

Uber_JKP makes a valid point, leaderboards matter, and they matter the most to new players. We all know this. Jasmin also proved this with her own personal experience. If you choose to ignore the leaderboards for whatever reason, then it is personal choice, and a minority choice. In a racing game, leaderboards do matter, be it ridge racer, formula1, blur or wipeout hd fury... One can play the game, have fun doing so, and try get a good time to boot - but the actions of some of these NOOB bashers have compromised the longevity of the format for the noobs themselves, they'll get put off when they feel like they are being hunted for sprot on an AG-track :/ it aint funny

You know, it wouldn't matter much if knew for sure that we were gonna get a new wipEout game in future, coz then we could all hope and bitch that they can fix this and that, this time round... but nope! We are not getting a new wipEout, so we need to make this unviers grow, by encouraging these noobs to practive, give them some pointers now and then - invite them into your duplicate accounts friendlist so you can help them a little... do it fairly, make the game popular so they brag to their friends that wipEout is a GREAT game with GREAT people playing it... maybe then, the activity on the servers will prove to SONY that it is indeed in their interests to warrant the production of a new wipEout title, maybe - just maybe.

Ok, yah, I'm stoned! but that doesn't lessen my opinion - this is how I truly feel

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Let's return to playing the game
    Best advice since ages !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by UB3R~JKP View Post
    All that really means is "there's no reason to comment on the matter" etc
    Fine, except for the following:

1. The vote is anonymous, so anyone who wants people to know which option they chose would have to comment.

2. Having the option there can easily be considered to imply that the option is a valid response that the OP is interested in, so IMO, it's still a clear invitation to comment.

3. The options are extremely limited and are unlikely to portray anyone's complete sentiment.

I guess one moral of this thread would be to think about poll options a bit more carefully, or recognise the limits of the option just don't use it at all.

EDIT: I was wrong, this particular vote is not anonymous, so ignore the first point there.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 28th July 2010 at 08:32 PM. Reason: . yup, not. ;)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

You mean not anonymous.

I agree though, even if the poll includes all options necessary I find it best to expand on your vote with an explanation. If people want to know your real actual position, it's best to explain it yourself than just let yourself be categorized by a short sentence that you may agree with only in part.