4 14.29%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fake id's (sub acounts)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    I have something to admit to you ... i'm chuck norris , it was me with my sub-acount .
    Chuck Norris makes everyone a sub-account!
    sorry - to hard to resist!

Oh and +1 KGB.

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Just made a sub-account "Buzz--Lightyear" For a lol for racing games with a bro going "Woody--The--Cowboy" Not relevant to the convo but just thought I'd tell you this?

Yeah, sub-accounts are good in my book because it's like in an arcade, if you take up the whole leaderboard by one name, it's fun picking them off each one-by-one but of course if you don't know it's the same person that would be a problem!

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

KGB you crack me up! +1 to everything you said.

Wotan - I knew it was you!! But that was an awesomely funny avalon moment, so thank you for giving us a great laugh

Seriously the levels of utter stupidity and animosity shown by some on these forums now truly is upsetting FFS.....let it go, and use connavars site for up to date records. We ALL know the boards have been broken for eons.
    Last edited by stinkleroy; 27th July 2010 at 01:18 PM.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    I have something to admit to you ... i'm chuck norris , it was me with my sub-acount .
    +10 Good times

Quote Originally Posted by Temet View Post
    ... I mean, my dream is to smash it in the face of the engineer who conceived it)... and eventually jumps through the window. And we can't be sure he lives ground-floor...
    +100 megalol

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO1987 View Post
    ...AkFurtif... I wouldnt mind hearing this guys side of the story.
    I did get his side of the story. A while ago he deleted pretty much everyone else from his PSN list (actually sent me a message telling me that). When I went away in March he hadn't been online for 40 or so days and the SL leaderboards were pretty much in tact. When I got back I noticed some slightly shady looking SL times.
    The main example of this was on Talon's Junction Forward SL. Less than 24 hrs after G-Superpilot had set a new WR, AkFurtif had set one just ahead of his. Only difference was, he'd missed 6 Speedpads. If you spare it some thought you'll know that it is IMPOSSIBLE to get that sort of time by missing Speedpads, even if you did find some extra BRs (which is highly doubtful since TJ doens't really have that many conceivable opportunities).
    Anyway, I sent him a message on PSN asking (in earnest) what technique he had used to beat the time without the speed pads. To all intents and purposes I got: Standard method, 1BR with the boost after the mag-loop.
    I'm sorry but that's just balls :-
    It was then I realised that all over the shop he'd done the same thing: It's not hard to massively glitch a track and then slow down at the end to make it look like you're being legit.

It's a massive shame really because most of us know that AkFurtif was one of the best speed lappers out there. At one point he held pretty much every record. Not sure what inspired him to resort to cheap tactics to stay on top, it's not like he needed them to stay there.

Anyway that's just a little clarification of what went down.

Sub accounts aren't great for the community in general we all know that...
    But neither is using your main account to fake things that you've done, then use a sub-account to fake things even more in an attempt to persuade your peers that what you did on your main account was legitimate -_-

Having said that, I'm not really bothered and neither should you be. Enjoy the game for what it is and let everyone else **** about with it if they want to. You could always just ignore them

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

LOL, Uber, ironically quite true...

Firstly, I'd like to have seen more options in the poll, i would have like to to have voted "I have a fake id and here's my reason" because i have a fake id and here's my reason...

I got too many bloody friends They know who they are racing... And if they don't I tell them first before I start off.

OK - now something quite strange Recently, Myself a group of pilots tries a little experimet. We all agreed to race under brand new duplicate accounts in an invite only room - venom and flash only, where the most messed up records appear. And to do it GREEN stlye, and we did this over 12 races. We then compared our times with our normal accounts and the results were astonishing. My new account had managed to hit the top 20's in 4 or 5 races LOL, and in comparison, ACE-FLO was hovering around the 190 - 250 mark on the same tracks LOL... Needless to say, the proof was i the pudding that night, and we all got into a chat room and had a good old bitch n moan about th leaderboards

So, here's my conclusion. As many have mentioned in this thread before - the leaderbaords were effed from day one, and they can be compromised at any time, by anyone, using a variety of questionable methods. You all agree to this, and so do I. You Kigo, Leungbok, DD777 and everyone else agree with this.

But Kigo made a valid point people, when he said just because the leaderboards are effed, it doesnt mean we got the right to go and eff them up beyond beleif...

KGB makes a valid point too - he bought his PS3 with his own hard earnt cash - if he wants to make 150 accoutns and create havoc then stick the PS3 up his rectum whilst doing a horse stance - I'd say "youtube it please| - i'd like to see thaat!" i'm drifting though...

... I race under a few different accounts, mainly because when I race as ACE, i get the world and her inlaws inviting into races and chatrooms everywhere, when all I sometimes want is too race and smoke weed quietly in my room. so for me, it about racing incognito sometimes. However, all my regular buds, know of my "other accounts" and these races are mainly filled up with other faster pilots than myself anyway, so nothing to fear there

For the record, my other accounts are Killer_LoopZ and FEERSUM__ENDJINN... now that i've told you this, i gotta bloody create a new one don't I?

Fianl word people - for the record, I say don't create accounts to abuse the tables. I never went into a noob basher race to get a top time - coz I never got top times anyway LOOL - so the proof is in the pudding when you see the FEERSUM__ENDJINN records in multiplayer venom and flash... I'm not saying I won the boards, but in that short session of GREEN races - a handful of top 20 times were achieved with this account... Point proven, I wont race the green way again, as I don't feel comfortable with it.

If you do create accounts, make sure you got enough friends to warrant it, and damn - be fair with your use of your other alter-ego, things can get crazy

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Ace, there was a topic created to hunt the Green League, votes where MASSIVELY to let it live in peace.
    You asked for a vote, you had a result, now let's move on and keep on topic

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Hey, it is still on topic my good and dear friend, Temet

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

My fake I.D. says my name is James Dawson and I was born in 1989

Suck my fake balls United States, I'm 21 now, you lose!

/sorry what?

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

^ Oh schit man, James Dawson wtf? you kill me mate hahahahahaaaa

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Mic-dk, cat, yeldar, wotan

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    Sub accounts aren't great for the community in general we all know that...
    But neither is using your main account to fake things that you've done, then use a sub-account to fake things even more in an attempt to persuade your peers that what you did on your main account was legitimate -_-

Having said that, I'm not really bothered and neither should you be. Enjoy the game for what it is and let everyone else **** about with it if they want to. You could always just ignore them
    True there. I agreed there also. That first line there sums up my opinions. Using your primary account for similar things isnt good as well, just as bad as doing it with a secondary, fake id account.

Overall it doesnt really bother me, does irritates me a little bit yes, it does buggerize things around for other people out there attempting to join the game, much later after the the release of HD. I do enjoy the game, i do so whenever ive got new tunes ive put on the PS3 HDD ive go straight into WOHD and do some elite phantom races or elite phantom eliminator races and have a listen to them.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

You need to remember, a lot of this is specifically regarding the effects on Alt-accounts on Wipeout HD..

I'm coming from Jade's point of view, the 360, where alternate Live accounts are rarely found except for offline game modes (Silver Live account = $0.00). There's one 360 game I play which is almost entirely time-attack related, and the top 100 slots on the leader board are clogged with multiple iterations of the same account name and everything (Marble-Blast Ultra)... so it pretty much can happen with any game that has a specific following...

I think it's kinda silly, to be honest, but everyone plays games with different priorities.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Wouldnt be that common and near as common to that on the PSN AG-Wolf, since the PSN is a free service (unless your a plus subscriber now). Having to pay to access the LIVE feature on the 360 would deter people away from having more than one online user account i would assume.

But from what you have just mentioned this kinda behavior runs all over the place on either format as you just mentioned with the Marble-Blast Ultra user.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    IoannisVita

well, since Sony can't do anything to prevent you from creating multiple psn id's then i guess you are free to do it.
    everyone has different reasons to create other accounts as mentioned on previous posts.

personally this is my 2nd id. i had another for 2 months but i wanted to change the name and since there isn't such an option i created my current one.
    i never used the old one again but i still have it on my ps3 because i bought wipeout with it so i can't delete it.
    i don't think i did any harm to anyone by creating a new id.
    my times with the other id were rubbish anyway... lol

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Where is that rep system when you need it ?

Now that I'm thinking about it who was kaleidoscope45 (something like that) for the record. I have my ideas but have never been sure?

The reason I have multiple accounts anyway are for the different PSN stores. At the time they had better stuff on them than the Euro one.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

yes i did that too ! Primary reason was to download the 3 ad hoc party applies

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by stinkleroy View Post
    Seriously the levels of utter stupidity and animosity shown by some on these forums now truly is upsetting
    True! Not to mention frustrating, time consuming and futile, given that it just goes round in circles.

On topic - I have a second account. I didn't create it for WipEout at all. I think I only used it once or twice when racing online just to see if it made any difference, i.e. if people I knew would shoot me less. Didn't! Still got pwned.

As for the others stuff - don't care and haven't looked at the official records in months.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Default Moderator Message

If someone is no longer a member of this forum, then there's no reason to be constantly bringing up their name on this forum, especially in a negative way. They can't defend their actions or opinions so it's just out of order. If people keep doing this, and constantly try and derail threads and cause arguments by doing so, then they'll get what's coming to them.

So, that's why KIGO's now suspended, and before anyone moans at me, if I hadn't been pretty darn patient, it would have happened at least a week ago.

I'm also getting tired of people refusing to let stuff go and thereby perpetuating arguments/off-topic-ness. So it's best for everyone to bear that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by KGB1971 View Post
    I can't believe this conversation has started up again, it must of been brought up about 10 times.

Honestly who gives a ****. Speaking for myself, as far as I can remember, I bought my PS3 with my own money, so I think I can do whatever I want with it. I could create a second, third and forth account. I would be well within my rights to stick it up my arse if I felt like it . What is it that people dislike about it, the deceit, the sneakiness, are people really still mortally offended by something that was happening from day one (which is nearly 2 years ago). Why bring it up over and over again.
    Well i give a ****

Yes KGB your 100% right...you did buy your ps3 with your own money and you can do what you want. You can make up as many accounts as you want.
    You can spam the leader board. Send abusive messages anonymously to players who thought you were their friends you can hang out in beginner rooms and hunt out new players to boost your ego and put them off playing the game and help kill it. Never worry about your reputation as a player cos your losses go onto the secret account no one knew you had. After all there’s no law against it, it is your right...but it’s still so wrong...

Now

please please don’t at any moment think i am saying you do this because i am not.im just talking about your comment and that can do, isn’t always the right way in some circumstances. So don’t take offence as i am not insulting you in anyway...im sure you are a very nice man in all ways

My personal opinion of fake ids is...

Fake ids are good, when used for good reasons like what many members have said in this thread such as shopping in other stores. Friend lists,privacy etc.

Shame though that some fake id's are being abused for bad reasons such as

Spamming the boards

It doesn’t matter that we know the boards are broken and we have our own special site we can put our times onto.dosnt make any difference to the players who don’t belong to this forum who are unaware and do think the board is good..i did myself until last week when yeldar told me to go to the real site to check times. It’s not fair if a few elites swamp the top 100 with multiple times and outsiders never get a look-in.
    Nothing stopping them of course as they can do what they want. But it’s still wrong

Pretending to be a beginner

Hanging out in beginner rooms with your low rank account with the intention of lapping and blowing beginners off the track for fun while pretending to be a novice...
    Anyone who says this is ok needs is wrong
    It’s like ACMilan dressing up in a kids strip and playing a school football team pretending they are kids themselves...
    How does the beginner feel...probally angry...maybe upset..dissillusioned...who knows...but for sure they will not be happy...this activity helps kill off good games ive seen it happen before and I will see it again.it may be a way of life but its totally wrong

Making fake id's that could be mistaken for someone else...
    Like for example yeldar2096
    And then go around sending nasty messages or acting in a bad way and cause issues for the real person

Fake ids used to send nasty messages to players anomalously with no comeback
    Fake id’s used by one person to create a group bullying illusion to a lone player...

reasons why this site forbids seconds accounts as it opens up methods of abuse.

There are probably other abuses of fake ids that i missed

Problem is just because you can do it doesn’t make it right...
    this is a big issue on ps3 and ruins many players fun..shame that some players idea of fun is to ensure other are having none..

PSN ID
    kgb1971

You have been going on about this for about a year now Jasmin, has someone done all this to you? I doubt it. There really is more important things in life than a Wipeout leaderboard.

I shall delete them all forthwith for your satisfaction.