• Fake ids are of no importance

11 39.29%
  • anyone for a pimm

4 14.29%

Thread: Fake id's (sub acounts)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fake id's (sub acounts)

basically being an xbox player where i have to pay to go online.I have noticed on ps3 that there appears to be a major issue with numerous fake id's, sub accounts second accounts call them what you may..

I am wondering what others players think about these....

ive tried to think why these players have to do this..

these are a few reason i can think of

perhaps they are so popular they sometimes want to be quiet and use a secret id so no one bothers them...

perhaps they lost there account details cos of a hardware/sofeware/forgot issue

perhaps there at a friends house and cant remeber there psn

maybe they just like to go and do transendance again

these perhaps explain maybe 10% of the numerous fake accounts I see on ps3 and these are on xbox too and its understandable but what about the other millions of sub accounts soley on ps3...and im just talking about wipeout hd not any other game..

but on ps3 talking only about wipeout it seems 50% of the accounts are not the players primary accounts..As foxy said it is not hard to work this out when you look at there info....

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

The only outcome of using multiple accounts is spamming the leaderboards with your multiple records under each name.
    Whether doing that is voluntary for you or not, I consider it to be a nuisance and as such am against the use of secondary accounts.
    Unless it's to prove a point (Sankukay, SOL_2_IS_GLITCHED and others like that.)
    But if you are just spamming to spam, you are a spammer.
    My opinion.

Oh, this statement applies only to those who haven't lost any account data or anything, but willingly create multiple accounts to play WipEout HD.

possibly to play a game when you are not good at it yet, then go to your main account for your "real competition". I only have one though I have used my nephews because it was easier at the time before since I was on his ps3

i understand some players have legitimate reasons to have to create a sub account..

spamming the leaderboards is one of them

i like to know who i am playing obviously i do not know all wipeout payers but i do know many players..

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Fake id's are bad. They have more negative aspects associated with them than positive ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Unless it's to prove a point (Sankukay, SOL_2_IS_GLITCHED and others like that.)
    Pirhapac.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Yeah, but to his credit Pirhapac only created the second account only to draw attention to the fact that Arktuif had used glitches to get those SL times.
    One wasn't prepared to own up, so the other made it obvious.

Which makes perfect sense on this occasion.

Why would you spend many hundred of hours getting legitimate top times with your real PSN ID, only to ruin it with a glitch time that you did just to show somebody up?
    You wouldn't, you'd make a second ID solely for that purpose.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Bit more than just one person out there doing dodgy times on the record tables.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO1987 View Post
    Pirhapac.
    Yes, and he's probably not done using them. It depends on what happens next.
    Unfortunately some players who are very good at the game do stupid things just to appear on top... He shows that others know they did stupid things.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Still doesnt give you the right to corrupt the race times on the world records tables.

The only legit times now days are on here on the wipeoutzone forum. Its happened with Wipeout Pulse with the Jaytech and CFW users, and now its happening again with Wipeout HD. Congratulations to those who go out of there way to stuff the records up for there celebrity status.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

You should talk to those who first started it. They are the malicious ones.
    The intent of this demonstration by pirhapac is to show to everyone that they are this malicious. It's not his fault, but unfortunately if he was not doing it I would have. Because the people who are breaking the leaderboards not only cheat on one account, but on many. With pirhapac's demonstration, they have stopped thankfully.
    Connavar's ranking site is exempt of these problems because it does not auto-update, which is a blessing given how many "stupid things" you can do in the game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO1987 View Post
    Still doesnt give you the right to corrupt the race times on the world records tables
    The records table was already corrupted !! When he saw other guys (on sol2 like w5lx, philippe1970...) using glitches he decided to create an obvious glitch account to tell them : "hey glitchers, no way that you can be on top that easily, i know your little secret !"
    He waited a long time before using his 2nd account for that purpose, hoping that only one or two guys will know and use the glitch... but unfortunately...
    And i disagree Kigo, now that there's no possibility of a rank one on some tracks, there's no more glitchers appearing.
    i'll be a little off topic, now, but i just want to remind everybody here that Pirahpac discovered (and shared) almost every tricks and technics that helps anyone to be fast on wipeoutHD, he deserves more respect than that, IMO !
    About ruining the game for the whole community, i still see some hardcore fans trying to improve their times (SL/TT challenge of Dark_phantom89 contributes ), even on the known glitched tracks
    Some guy : Kieran-in-july polluted the multiplayer table during avalon ! Do you know his primary account ?