Thread: One of those days

PSN ID
    carlos69nash

Default One of those days

Eaten 6 mines, took a plasma up my ass and eliminated on the 1st lap. Nice

Timezone
    GMT -5

Hehe, don't sweat it. It happens to the best of us. All that and falling off the track even.

Also, welcome to the forums!

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    IoannisVita

welcome carl
    as unctuous said it happens to everyone.
    we played some races together earlier and i was eliminated in ALL of them...
    my advice: just take a break and play the game later!
    that's why we love this game because it 'makes' you wanna get back and be better!

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Welcome Carl. Yup, Unc is right. Try getting eliminated before the double speed pads on the first lap of Metropia Reverse. I'll eat my DS3 if you do it

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Oh you think you're having a hard time? Well check this out.

Yesterday, Tech De Ra Reverse. I'm leading. But somehow, all players seem to magically avoid my Mines and Bombs, even if they're within hit-range, with no possibility of reacting early enough to save themselves from being hit. The ****ing lag is in cause, can't see anything else than this. Happens three times. Finally someone got a shoot weapon and **** me up, winning the race.

After, on Modesto Reverse, i'm leading again. Wonderful race, take all curves and hairpins like its a walk in the park. Then a noob (no offense) being last, drops a Bomb... and i lap it. Costs me the win again.

I retry Modesto again. I'm second this time. But its fine i tell myself, because on the last lap, in the hairpin before the final big climb, i grab a Quake. With this, i can win the race at the last moment. With a BR on the hill-top, i can take it away. But noooooo, the mother****ing Quake lags. Yes, the bitch lagged. I pressed Fire 3-4 times, and finally it went off. Not enough to win, again.

So take it easy dude, you've seen only the very tip of the huge-ass iceberg. And welcome btw!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    Welcome Carl. Yup, Unc is right. Try getting eliminated before the double speed pads on the first lap of Metropia Reverse. I'll eat my DS3 if you do it
    LOL, my record is on the magstrip on Chengou rev, on lap 1. *bump*bump*bump* "Bomb" "Rockets" *BOOM* *cry*

The Met Rev one sounds even harder though...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    haiku_

Quote Originally Posted by Kyonshi View Post
    Then a noob (no offense) being last
    haha so funny. What is it about noob bombs and mines that are just so much more offensive??

If a skilled pilot drops one on me and I hit it, I am stately and chivalrous about it like "Well met, friendly adversary!!" but when a noob does it I want to throw my controller and scream "YOU PROBABLY DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW YOU DID THAT YOU BUTTON MASHING RETARD GOD GET*OUT OF MY WAY!!!"

PSN ID
    triboy

Noobs bombs/mines.... Its so %^&%$@#$ when You lead, and You hit into "that f*** not-changing-nothing-in-the-race-for-the-pilot-who-drop-it bomb". ArrrgHHHH!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by carlos69nash View Post
    You trying the get the elite trophy in the game?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I think we have all had shocking race days at some stage.
    When HD first came out I got eliminated 4 times in one race on Chenghou, everything that could go wrong did, worse was I think it was at Flash speed
    I was thinking, how much of a masochist am I to put up with this game if it's going to be like this.

The worse is when you know you are a competent pilot, but you just get bashed to death by the pilot assist newbies bouncing around the track.
    That's when you start looking for another room.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by carlos69nash View Post
    In retrospect, that's why we love the game so much. You just stare at
    the screen with you jaw dropped and say what the ****! xD

PSN ID
    carlos69nash

Hahaha good stuff. Thanks for the welcome guys I know this has happened to most of you....hit the ramp on anulpha pass and some lunatic with pilot assist on skating side to side WILL push you off the edge.
    Yes sometimes it just seems as though everyone is out to get you
    Kigo this was just in an online single race

BTW Am i evil to say that when creating a game i have pilot assist on then when a few ameteur players join i turn it off and select sebenco climb??

very annoying..i feel for you...
    not as annoying as getting hit by a rocket that traveleed around a corner ( i do mean rockets..the straight line variety and not the missile)
    the modern wonders of lag..
    I do get bugged when you get those 8 player games when everyone is getting bombs and mines only and the track is filled with them..
    i would much prefer more weapon pads with pre set weapons built into them to take out the massive random element and add some strategy to the game.

I played some rank 90 guy who was a top player a while back and i got 6 turbos he never had a chance and i beat him by 4 seconds and if he could see how poorly i played on my telly he probally would have banged his head on the wall as he was far superior to me and it was unfair.
    too many games are won/lost on the massive random element of weapon pads imo.

obviously for weaker players like me its a good thing but for strong consistant players this must be highly annoying when lady luck ihibits your performance and you end up losing 6 games in a row to players you should be beating with ease..

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

If you can't beat people even with the weapons stacked against you then you're no better than they are, since they can beat you with luck and it seems you can only beat them with luck. All even ^^

@yeldar

are you saying that i may have underestimated myself and maybe i did deserve that win...

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

There was this guy tonight "heresthedeal" and me and Kieren1888 were doing team-practice, and holy szit this guy had some crazy agenda for vengence, he was going bonkers smashing the 2 of us with every wepon he could find, it was incredibly horrifying :O