Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird wipeout hd habits

Default Weird wipeout hd habits

Whenever i do that turbo br at the end of moa therma the one that sends you high into space all the way to the first bend on the track i always lift my right leg without thinking..i just dont understand..

when i do zone i always start to sneeze at zone 50 or so

does anyone else have wierd habbits while playing this game or am the only one

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Why limit this to only HD? Why not make a Wipeout Habits thread in the pilot's lounge instead?

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Good shout chill.

I have a couple of weird ones that I just realised I do/have:

I usually crack the knuckle of my ring finger on my right hand when heading down the Psychedelic Stairway on Syncopia

I swirl the Analog stick around in circles during the 3-2-1-GO sequence.

I always always always sideshift left when crossing the finishing line at the end of a race or time trial.

If I miss a Barrel Roll I shift my seating position a little.

I'm sure there's more I've yet to discover

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I used to have people in stiches when they watched me play HD when it first came out, all the tracks were new too me, so it was a steep learning curve.
    I'm just glad none of my action were video'd I would of been a Youtube favorite.
    I was so animated, I could be seen holding the controller 1ft over my head or to either side, depending on the track.
    Far more reserved now I know the tracks, although the St Vitus dance of Wipeout control did make a brief return when Fury came out.
    Wipeout HD > Cockpit mode and a projector = Happy idiot

Woopzilla is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Content Contributor
    Phantom Pilot
    PSN ID
    Woopzilla

Though I don't do it anymore (unless really curious), I've noticed on videos online that many people still look back just before crossing the finish line, which might result in a freeze due to that bug.

I push the L3 and R3 buttons when the race is loading.

Can't think of more.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    IoannisVita

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin-jade View Post
    Whenever i do that turbo br at the end of moa therma the one that sends you high into space all the way to the first bend on the track i always lift my right leg without thinking..i just dont understand..

when i do zone i always start to sneeze at zone 50 or so
    lol jasmin!

personally i can't think of anything strange except that for some reason instead of avoiding mines and and bombs i head straight on them!
    oh and sometimes when i try to perform a difficult(for me) BR, i bite my lips in anticipation of failing!

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

i just do the standard 'turn my head at same time as turning my ship' and prolific swearing lol

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    LurifaxFlux

Quote Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
    I push the L3 and R3 buttons when the race is loading.
    I do that too sometimes!

PSN ID
    goddessloviatar

I find I hold my breath going through slow corners, not as bad as in road racing games where I hold my breath while changing gear..

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Wipeout HD > Cockpit mode and a projector = Happy idiot
    Just imagine it in 3D (drools+wants)

Boy, I got a lot of strange ones, like rubbing vaseline (just a light touch) onto my left thumb, to make getting my Barrel Rolls out, easier

Don't get me started...

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    kryowing

Whenever i start playing, i slowly start to inch closer and closer to my tv, until im like 4 inches away from it... im not really sure how i manage to do so while sitting, but i may have wheels under my ass... just sayin <- i essentially do this

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

- I get pissed off.

- I switch through all views - cockpit, near and far camera - during the 3-2-1 countdown, to finally stay in Far camera. To this day i still dunno why the **** i do that

- I worry about my L3 popping out after several BRs (like on Sebenco Climb), so i reassure myself by pushing it down to keep it in place

- Whenever a race starts to get demanding - like on a full grid of expert pilots on Phantom - i slowly get to the edge of my seat during the race, unconsciously, until only the tip of my butt rests on it

- Whenever i pass someone and i know he/she's struggling back to catch up on me, i whisper "C'est ca vient m'chercher", meaning "Yeah come on and get me..."

- Whenever someone passes me and i know he/she knows i'm struggling to catch up, i whisper "Yeah...Run Forest, RUN..." with a voice tone meaning "Yeah, better run before i crush you down"

- Whenever i win by taking down the leader at the last moment, or by a spectacular BR passing the leader, i shout "HA!!!!", bit like Mrs. Crabapple in the Simpsons

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    haiku_

When we are sitting on the grid waiting for the countdown I always push both thumbsticks forward as if that is what the actual pilot has in his hands and will do when we get going. Or like Will Smith when he is in the alien ship in that shitty movie Independence Day.

I just do it over and over and then the countdown starts and I put my thumb on X because I am not actually the pilot in the Icaras craft and pushing both thumbsticks forward will just make me tilt forward on the track and piss off whoever is behind me as they go ramming into me.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    JaceMc

Yeah, I do that rear-view look right before I finish as well. I just like how the camera twists around for a few seconds with the autopilot on until the menu pops up.

During the slow zones in Zone I also tap the rear-view camera in time to the music that's playing, which can be pretty devastating when the build-up to a drop in a DnB track comes up.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Good thread, jasmin.

Well, I almost always start a ZONE run with a side-shift and use the
    rear-view over some speed pads to watch the trails of the craft -- even at
    higher speeds. But it looks awesome.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by Kyonshi View Post
    Whenever i pass someone and i know he/she's struggling back to catch up on me, i whisper "C'est ca vient m'chercher", meaning "Yeah come on and get me..."P
    I perfectly imagine him/her whispering "t'inquiète pas, j'arrive !", meaning "don't care, i'm on my way !"

PSN ID
    nothern7

This is strange i know but when i'm racing and a message pops up in the corner of the tv screen i immediately loose control of my ship for about 5 seconds. By the time i've recovered, bang goes my chances of winning the race !

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    ...rear-view over some speed pads to watch the trails of the craft -- even at higher speeds. But it looks awesome.
    I just realised I do that too! Only on the Psychedelic Stairway though, otherwise I crash. It's especially awesome the BRs don't you think PS? It like "whooosh" ...."Woooaahhh awesome o_O"

Another Zone Mode one I just thought of: During the slower zones I often navigate the track whilst furiously pitching up and down. Looks hilarious so I keep doing it. Or I do entire laps pitching up, then the next lap switch the pitch down. It's like a mini-game

Sometimes in SL/TT/Zone I pretend I'm using Pilot Assist and try to emulate it' effects by simulating the 'ping-pong' effect with my airbrakes.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

After reaching a high Zone, my eyes stop blinking, which becomes more and
    more uncomfortable.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IDReaper

-I have to keep my arms at my sides and rest my forearms in my lap or else I can't control anything. No armrests for me!

-I tap the airbrakes left and right before GO.

-Whenever I drop a bomb and hear it go off a second later(especially if it is a fast pilot) I laugh so hard it echos throughout the house.

I think I sometimes get sensory overload from WOHD too. Every once in a while during an intense race, it's like my brain skips a second or two. One moment I'm struggling to hold my position through a turn and the next I'm scraping along the outer wall and I don't remember anything in between. It's really wierd, only happened like two or three times since I started playing WOHD.