Thread: Weird wipeout hd habits

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Weird wipeout hd habits

Whenever i do that turbo br at the end of moa therma the one that sends you high into space all the way to the first bend on the track i always lift my right leg without thinking..i just dont understand..

when i do zone i always start to sneeze at zone 50 or so

does anyone else have wierd habbits while playing this game or am the only one

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Why limit this to only HD? Why not make a Wipeout Habits thread in the pilot's lounge instead?

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Good shout chill.

I have a couple of weird ones that I just realised I do/have:

I usually crack the knuckle of my ring finger on my right hand when heading down the Psychedelic Stairway on Syncopia

I swirl the Analog stick around in circles during the 3-2-1-GO sequence.

I always always always sideshift left when crossing the finishing line at the end of a race or time trial.

If I miss a Barrel Roll I shift my seating position a little.

I'm sure there's more I've yet to discover

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I used to have people in stiches when they watched me play HD when it first came out, all the tracks were new too me, so it was a steep learning curve.
    I'm just glad none of my action were video'd I would of been a Youtube favorite.
    I was so animated, I could be seen holding the controller 1ft over my head or to either side, depending on the track.
    Far more reserved now I know the tracks, although the St Vitus dance of Wipeout control did make a brief return when Fury came out.
    Wipeout HD > Cockpit mode and a projector = Happy idiot

Woopzilla is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Content Contributor
    Phantom Pilot
    PSN ID
    Woopzilla

Though I don't do it anymore (unless really curious), I've noticed on videos online that many people still look back just before crossing the finish line, which might result in a freeze due to that bug.

I push the L3 and R3 buttons when the race is loading.

Can't think of more.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    LurifaxFlux

Quote Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
    I push the L3 and R3 buttons when the race is loading.
    I do that too sometimes!

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Wipeout HD > Cockpit mode and a projector = Happy idiot
    Just imagine it in 3D (drools+wants)

Boy, I got a lot of strange ones, like rubbing vaseline (just a light touch) onto my left thumb, to make getting my Barrel Rolls out, easier

Don't get me started...

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    kryowing

Whenever i start playing, i slowly start to inch closer and closer to my tv, until im like 4 inches away from it... im not really sure how i manage to do so while sitting, but i may have wheels under my ass... just sayin <- i essentially do this

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

- I get pissed off.

- I switch through all views - cockpit, near and far camera - during the 3-2-1 countdown, to finally stay in Far camera. To this day i still dunno why the **** i do that

- I worry about my L3 popping out after several BRs (like on Sebenco Climb), so i reassure myself by pushing it down to keep it in place

- Whenever a race starts to get demanding - like on a full grid of expert pilots on Phantom - i slowly get to the edge of my seat during the race, unconsciously, until only the tip of my butt rests on it

- Whenever i pass someone and i know he/she's struggling back to catch up on me, i whisper "C'est ca vient m'chercher", meaning "Yeah come on and get me..."

- Whenever someone passes me and i know he/she knows i'm struggling to catch up, i whisper "Yeah...Run Forest, RUN..." with a voice tone meaning "Yeah, better run before i crush you down"

- Whenever i win by taking down the leader at the last moment, or by a spectacular BR passing the leader, i shout "HA!!!!", bit like Mrs. Crabapple in the Simpsons

PSN ID
    nothern7

This is strange i know but when i'm racing and a message pops up in the corner of the tv screen i immediately loose control of my ship for about 5 seconds. By the time i've recovered, bang goes my chances of winning the race !

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    IoannisVita

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin-jade View Post
    Whenever i do that turbo br at the end of moa therma the one that sends you high into space all the way to the first bend on the track i always lift my right leg without thinking..i just dont understand..

when i do zone i always start to sneeze at zone 50 or so
    lol jasmin!

personally i can't think of anything strange except that for some reason instead of avoiding mines and and bombs i head straight on them!
    oh and sometimes when i try to perform a difficult(for me) BR, i bite my lips in anticipation of failing!

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

i just do the standard 'turn my head at same time as turning my ship' and prolific swearing lol