Page 82 of 179 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Timezone
    GMT + 7

Great, zero3growlithe! Make sure there's a husk remain when AG ship is destroyed.
    The ship selection idea reminds me of WO Pure's intro. lol

I'll make the Blocky, my promised race mascot tomorrow. Probably some tracks' logo too. (In fact I don't have idea for those right now but we'll see.)

Also everybody please vote/comment on [weapon poll] to decide on what we should use.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Great post, zero!
    It's nice to get a little overview of what is going on at the moment. I like the idea of the survival game mode. Because, I'd really like to not have a 100% Wipeout copy [same for the weapons]. But on the "Battle Arena", is this one held on the normal tracks or will there be some kinds of landscape like in the video you posted? Only thing I hope is that it won't be like the "Derby" racing modes in Destruction Derby and Flatout: Everyone in a small arena and the last one survives. I just absolutely don't like that^^

Cool to have a Zone Mode on Slipstream aswell. Will there also be some color changes like in Wipeout?

And "Free run" = "Speed lap"?

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

@Xpand: Ah, yeah, I always forget about those airbreaks, I'll repair it xd
    @docfo4r:
    - Battle Arena will be something similar to "Blur's" deathmach but with boots (enemy ships) and will be available as Arena Battle (fighter) or Track Battle (chaser)
    - Free Run = Speed Lap
    - Color changes in zone? I can't even imagine on how would I do that in Unity X_X

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Yeah I was also wonderfing about the zone color^^
    Hey: Since we have our HUD discussion... Why not use one HUD for the normal race mode, another HUD for elimiator and the third one for zone. Of course the creators have to customize their HUDS for every racing mode... In Wipeout we also have different HUDs depending on the race mode. Well, but in Wipeout the HUD was still somewhat similar. Don't know how it feels to have a completely different HUD for these racing modes, maybe not a good idea after all. Just food for thought...

Well, having the option to battle on fighter or chaser mode is cool. But isn't track battle like eliminator? Another idea [sorry I only come up with ideas but can't program any of them^^] is that every ship has just one other ship as target for the track battle or an advanced eliminator mode. Once you destroyed your target ship, you'll get a new ship as target [of course the destroyed ship will respawn]. It also means there is some guy after you only. And after a certain amount of time, the one with the most kills wins or set a kill target to find the winner of the match.

zero3growlithe> if your level is untextured in zone mode, can you animate the RGB value of the track model itself? If you keyframe it you could have a similar look to the 'real' zone mode.

Timezone
    GMT + 7

Blocky :

[.svg download link]

Malton (between Brampton and Mississauga. Literally) ,Ontario,Canada
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

Quote Originally Posted by zero3growlithe View Post
    Doh, ok maybe I'll do a little final game project overview (what will it include not what is now):
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Zone ( nice )

- Simulation Mode (i'm not sure about this mode as it is quiet impossible to fly with this thing in real life as for me... it would be pretty unplayable and not very attractive among players due to many and easy ship crashes and high difficulty)
    ( I would love it, (of course it was my idea lol) the difficultly should be advised, and must be unlocked. "this is for elite players, like SoA, or Yeldar . Are you sure you want to push yourself to your limit, it made me cry. ( Give Zero max respect for making a very hard game mode, harder than zone sometimes, venom isn't friendly.) Then enter. Good luck. " <- little warning note

But this would be good for those who excel in WipEout. Making em stop bragging for a bit Put the level of simulation too, for the little boys .)

Available Speeds: Venom/Flash/Rapier/Phantom (please put vector, at venom speed. So phantom is at super-phantom / zen speed )

- Weapon Absorbing to replenish energy (i suppose it's the best and easiest solution) (when I read the title I was like "oh, hmm, okay..." I read bait then I paused "don't tell me..." So I start reading again begging for "pit lanes" but then, "absorbing" I was like "FAKKUUUUUU! Meh, if that's easier for him, I can live "

Player's Ship:
    - pitching (as hard as WO3's)
    - barrel rolling(make it as hard to br like in pure)
    - air breaks

btw. Looongest post in this threeeeaaaaaad, yeeeeaaaaah!!!
    That's my crit, in the brackets up there. Except the ones there to begin with.

So, track descriptions. Any needed?

TypeProton: love it! Kind of a crazy robotic Terence and Philip crossed with an LCD readout...

Sheesh...

Timezone
    GMT -6

Post HUD stuff

I am not sure if you guys got the HUD sorted out, but I hope you don't make the mistakes that were made with the 2097 HUD.

Anyway, I had an idea for the weapon icons (forgive me if this is in the wrong thread). With the Quake, for example, it could combine the icon from WipEout HD with the one from wip3out, where it starts as a lowercase Q, and it then straightens out into two parallel lines, then it spikes and finally straightens out again with two arrows at the end. Pretty cool, right?

As for the Turbo I think it should use the same icon as it does in HD, but rotated 45 degrees and it would start with a thin arrow, then a slighty wider one, and then a much wider one.
    TL;DR It would combine the WipEout HD icon with the Pure icon.

------

Sorry in advance, but I haven't been on these forums very long. This is in fact my first post.

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

Not really played 2097 much so I can't comment on the icons but that video looks amazing. Really looking forward to this.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

ok so I have finally managed to upload the HUD zero https://rapidshare.com/files/2505798939/Graphics.rar hope there are no problems with this file if there are just say so mate

Timezone
    GMT -6

Hey, I was just now talking about the HUD.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

lol coincidence win, theres actually a poll here in the wipeoutfuture section where you can see the different ones we have.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Xpand View Post
    Well, I'm looking at something with a bit lower quality as Wipeout HD... Kinda like my Piranha model on my gallery...
    I was aiming at ships that looked like the ones from the first wipeout games, like reconstructed replicas of the ships... I'm making a Feisar based on the F3600 series and I'll show it here to state my point...
    And thanks!

Here's the Feisar model still in development:

Attachment 1895
    Attachment 1896

I would also like the models to have some sort of cockpit... Not something to complicated, something like the WO3's cockpit...
    It would be nice if you used the current FEISAR color scheme, though. I like the combination of Blue, Yellow and White.
    Besides... Red, White and Blue seems more like an Auricom thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Killercrusher232 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feisar rocket View Post
    Hmm... reminds me of a track in a gameboy game... Ah, Hotwheels World Race (?), first track. I gotta make with FZEP.
    Got a few names... but copyrights won't allow it...
    WipEout: Stream.
    WipEout: Omega
    WipEout: A-A.G.A.R (Amateur-Anti Gravity Association of Racing)
    WipEout: Crimson
    WipEout: Purity Project
    WipEout: Corruption (opposite of Pure, see what im getting to?)
    WipEout: Spectrum
    WipEout Corruption sounds like the name of a Fusion remake. Also, A-A.G.A.R. doesn't sound very awesome.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 11th May 2012 at 10:02 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Xpand, the track looks really awesome! Great work

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    It would be nice if you used the current FEISAR color scheme, though. I like the combination of Blue, Yellow and White.
    Besides... Red, White and Blue seems more like an Auricom thing.

WipEout Corruption sounds like the name of a Fusion remake. Also, A-A.G.A.R. doesn't sond very awesome.
    Lol, you need to get updated. The game is based on the Amateur league between the F9000 and FX-300. None of the teams are the same from the classic wipeout games. We already have Solaris, Helios, LOGOS, CERN, Zepher and Amphithere. The game is called Slipstream GX.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Cool

How will Solaris fly? I want their color scheme to be Crimson, Gold, and White. In addition, I want them to play like FEISAR, but with their attributes leaning towards durability and away from thrust (unless poor thrust ruins the point of having high handling).

--- OFF TOPIC ---

It always bugged me how when the camera was set ot internal view, it doesn't show you inside the cockpit of the ship or anything, and instead it just replaces your player model with a camera that is low to the ground. It would be nice if you could at least see the front of the ship through the pilot's eyes.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 11th May 2012 at 10:16 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

Timezone
    GMT -6

The pictures in the teams section are a little too big, and I don't like the font. More importantly, the spacing between words on the main page is a bit cramped. I think you should take a look at the WipEout HD and Fury websites.

It would also be nice to see the backstory behind the teams.

3--
    -
    2-
    --
    GO!

------

One more comment: I saw the Amphithere page just now, and I am not sure the Anime-ish artstyle is the right way to go. However, I don't mean to offend the artist, so I apologize in advance.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 11th May 2012 at 11:21 PM.