Page 79 of 179 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Dusk118

That looks beautiful. Just add the control tower to the top, and it's perfect.

Attachment 6087Attachment 6088Attachment 6089Attachment 6090Attachment 6091

Current polycount: 73691 polys.
    Lets see if I can finish this soon... Still 10 buildings left to texture, plus the starting grid and probably add some more details here and there...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

just FYI;

Only the ships in WipEout have LOD [different levels of detail according to distance from the camera - DF], and the lowest LOD for a ship is around 10,000 polys (the highest are around 30,000 polys). Some of the environments are around 1.5 million polys.
    you have quite some polys left you know ^^ or is there a reason you're going really low poly?

Cipher

ps source (handy information ^^)http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...terview?page=2
    Last edited by Cipher; 26th April 2012 at 12:26 AM.

Yeah, but HD is for a PS3 system, which is built specifically to handle such large amounts of polygons. This is for PC, and many of us don't have those awesome gamer machines that can run 5 high-end games at the same time. My laptop is already starting to stutter when I play this game, and it isn't even near 20% done...

I'm trying to put as much detail as I can in the texture so I don't have to model tiny details in the track and buildings.

The ships are around 2,000-3,000 polys, so it's basically a simple medium-end game.
    Attachment 6092Attachment 6093Attachment 6094
    Last edited by Xpand; 26th April 2012 at 01:46 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

made a Hud design suggestion. might need to tweak it a bit I suppose but yeah thought we could use one Hud suggestion.jpg

My hud prototype too:
    Normal:
    Attachment 6098
    Enemy weapon lock:
    Attachment 6099

The thing in the middle is supposed to rotate according to the ship's bank.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Nice HUDs Xpand & Oryx Now some suggestions: Oryx's hud have a little too big indicators and timer, same for Xpand, shield and speed indicators are too a little big, try making them a little lower. (smaller height, not possition). Just my opinion xd
    Oh, and Xpand, do you remember how long it took Cassandra to lightmap on my old PC? Around 3-4 hours, on my new machine it took 40 minutes xD
    EDIT: My old HUD: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink (this bottom line is thinner in newer version)
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 27th April 2012 at 04:23 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

The hud looks awesome, Xpand! I like the line-design, looks a little futural. But I'd suggest to put the speed indicator to the bottom.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

love your hud too zero, hm... how bout we do a poll or something in a thread and have people pick one style and then run with it? (obviously whichever one is chosen we'll keep tweaking it til perfection)

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Hmmm, sounds good! Let's go with it

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Hey guys,

since I am not good at graphic design, coding, texturing etc. and can only create the trailer, I thought I should try to create at least a soundtrack for the game. I know we have lots of cool music already, but maybe you like this one aswell, it has some energy:
    http://soundcloud.com/docfo4r/astrophysics

I didn't start working on a trailer-alike video yet but hope I can do that soon.

By the way: Did you guys think about which racing modes will be included in the game yet?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

sounds good doc I took it upon myself to ask an indie-electro (he has his own brand of bit-pop-techno music) artist here in sweden called covox if he would be interested in letting us use a song or two of his, for slipstream to. I'm not holding my breath or anything but if you don't ask you'll never know right?

Timezone
    GMT + 7

Awesome HUDs, but I'd go with Oryx's. The one Xpand made are tad bit too cluttered in the odd way for me while Zero's one "eats" out the space.

@Oryx : Sounds awesome.

Oh btw I just surf internet and found some free futuristic font. [It may help us in doing in-game ads, billboards or other stuffs.]
    Last edited by TypeProton; 28th April 2012 at 01:29 AM.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Well, I can make it transparrent, no problem My brother complained about it too xd
    -------------------------------
    btw. Anyone up for some mellow sounds during SSGX races? xd
    http://soundcloud.com/zero3growlithe/back-space

Yeah, I can make mine a tad smaller. I made it that way because I'm too used to airplane HUDs.

Malton (between Brampton and Mississauga. Literally) ,Ontario,Canada
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    ...is there a reason you're going really low poly?
    For people with bad/old computers (me... LGX12 is 6 years old). Plus to use less processing power, so it runs smoothly (?).

As my concept art is aging... Im certain to take pictures today! Lappy is juiced, red book is... M.I.A. and I got the uploader working on the ps3... 2/3 problems solved.

HUDs... Umm, realistic mode... remember, that adds about 2 more values onto the HUDs, in simulation mode

P.S. Fonts = SUPER SE*Y! Oh man... use em!
    Last edited by feisar rocket; 28th April 2012 at 02:10 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

didn't think people were still running those old computers, we're throwing away dozens of those at work =/

but i understand , gives it a good ol' classic wipeout 2097 feel

Cipher

Hey, come on, not everyone of us have the money to spend on a new computer every 2 years. My PC is awesome, I dedicated a lot of time improving it, even though it's now 4 years old., but I had to leave it for this puny laptop because I had to go live far away from home...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

it's okay man, really, i understand i just can't stick with those for my studies

after all, any wipeout for pc is dope, always wanted it for the computer hell i even searched for emulators, so keep going, i'll eagerly wait for it

Cipher